A few questions about iPhone 4S/Galaxy S3 contracts

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
Forum Member
Basically I got a Lumia 800 earlier in the year on contract with 3 but since it won't be getting WP8 and has hardly any app developer support, I want to change. I'll be starting a whole new contract whilst my mum pays for my old one and has the Lumia, so a few qs...

1) With the iPhone 5 imminent, how likely is it 4S contracts will become cheaper?
2) If they do, how long will it take?
3) Is it possible that there might be better offers around in the next few months on the Galaxy S3 in order to compete with the iPhone 5?

Basically what this boils down to is, should I wait a couple of months? I'd rather get a new phone sooner but if I can get myself a better deal I'll wait, especially as I start uni in a week and will need to save as much money as I can :p

Any help appreciated :D

Comments

• legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4s contracts will become cheaper the day the 5 launches if history repeats.

but when you can get the S3 free at £26 you'd be better of looking at that if value is the main trigger for you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    4s contracts will become cheaper the day the 5 launches if history repeats.

but when you can get the S3 free at £26 you'd be better of looking at that if value is the main trigger for you

Well that's good news! Not long to wait either if the Sept. 21 launch day is correct.

The £26 free S3 deal wouldn't include anywhere enough data for me, that's if it's the same one I found. I need 1GB+ to be honest. The best 4S deal I've found is on 3. You get 500 Mins, 5000 Texts and Ultd for £29 a month. It's essentially the same contract as my Lumia, but £1 more expensive and there's a £29 charge for the phone.

I'm a bit undecided about which phone as well to be honest. Spec wise, the S3 is geared towards being the iP5 rival and outclasses the 4S in every way so that's a big draw as I doubt I'll be able to afford an iP5. Yet the 4S looks better, build quality seems better and I know and like iOS.