The Sun: Rylan signed to present BOTS, show returning to 'social experiment' premise?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do Rylan and Dowling have in common?
    80% of DS don't want him :p

Speak for yourself, I'm willing to give him a chance rather than writing him off before he's even been confirmed for the job !
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone asked Rylan if he was going on holiday during summer and he replied that he will be working... :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Seems it might happen now. Would not surprise me if I looked at twitter tomorrow and Rylan has announced it. Big question is what will he announce in terms of what role he will have on the show. Will it be presenter or the role Jamie was in?
  • mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Expect Rylan to have a role on BBBOTS but not main anchor. I've heard they're going for a bit of a Friday Night Project vibe...
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    i thought ch5 had to have BB if it wanted CBB i agree they would just have CBB if they had the choice
    I don't think they would because you could not really do that. Celebrities aren't going to commit to a show like Big Brother for 3+ months. CBB is like 3 and a half weeks. They could put two CBBs in like they do but that would be in January and then October.

So its not really realistic is it? They need the normal Big Brother still because it still brings in viewers and it takes up 3+ months.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    Speak for yourself, I'm willing to give him a chance rather than writing him off before he's even been confirmed for the job !
    That was a factual post based upon the polls conducted here. :o
    82% of DS wanted Dowling gone ..http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1813408&highlight=dowling
    81% of DS didn't want Rylan on BOTS .. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1819442&highlight=rylan
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really cannot stand him. Desperate to be famous and liked.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is replacing Jeff then I would be extremely pleased as I can't stand that drag-queen singer and I don't understand why he's there. At least Rylan would be good to see every now and then, but not all up in our faces. Sadly, the way it's been sounding is that he will have a large role in it.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about 'social', but it is quite an experiment using Rylan. He's even less experienced than Brian was!
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having terrible visions of him hosting, can you imagine the bots audience that will be in the studio he will attract. Will it be a even worse crowd then what usually attract?!
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness BOTS is trash anyway, you don't have to watch it to enjoy the show. You're probably actually better off abstaining. :p
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've made a big mistake. BBBOTS needs Jamie East
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a factual post based upon the polls conducted here. :o
    82% of DS wanted Dowling gone ..http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1813408&highlight=dowling
    81% of DS didn't want Rylan on BOTS .. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1819442&highlight=rylan

Ah well, both those polls were conducted in mid April when there are far fewer forum members about, so I don't really think they're representative of the whole forum, just the die-hards ;)
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinistra wrote: »
    This is obviously part of their wish to move away from "fame hungry wannabes".

:D:D
    indeed .
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Rylan Ross Clark ‏@RylanClark 1m
    Long day tomorrow, filming with MTV oh, and signing a contract........
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely disgusted by this decision.

When will Big Brother learn?

They gave Brian a high profile role on the back of him winning the show and look where that got them. They are making the exact same mistake again.

Why not hire a real presenter, someone with experience, is that too much to ask?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's just wait and see whether it is BOTS he is signing up for. It's also been rumoured that he'll be hosting the Xtra Factor with Caroline Flack. For all we know, it might be that he's signing tomorrow.

I don't mind Rylan, but I do think the Xtra Factor would be more suited to him.
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Let's just wait and see whether it is BOTS he is signing up for. It's also been rumoured that he'll be hosting the Xtra Factor with Caroline Flack. For all we know, it might be that he's signing tomorrow.

I don't mind Rylan, but I do think the Xtra Factor would be more suited to him.

Rylan would completely ruin BBBOTS, well, what's left of it. He would lap up Coco and all the other hideous audience members. It would be all about him as well. They would be as well just calling it the Rylan show.

At least Emma knew when to draw the line. Rylan has the same mentality as these lunatics in the audience.
  • ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan would completely ruin BBBOTS, well, what's left of it. He would lap up Coco and all the other hideous audience members. It would be all about him as well. They would be as well just calling it the Rylan show.

At least Emma knew when to draw the line. Rylan has the same mentality as these lunatics in the audience.

I really hope that the lip licking drag queen Coco will not be in the audience of BBBOTS this series. She publicly threatened to shoot and kill Heidi and Spencer on the last series which caused much controversy.
  • mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    The trailer trash audience has to go.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Did Rylan ever say what the contract was for?

Has he confirmed it is for BOTS or Xtra-Factor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mirage wrote: »
    Did Rylan ever say what the contract was for?

Has he confirmed it is for BOTS or Xtra-Factor?
    I've not seen anything in black and white.
    The nearest thing we seem to have to confirmation is Iain Lee tweeting that Rylan got the gig.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not seen anything in black and white.
    The nearest thing we seem to have to confirmation is Iain Lee tweeting that Rylan got the gig.

I saw that. I'm not saying he's lying, but if Iain Lee has nothing to do with the production side of BB, how would he know that Rylan has the BOTS job?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I saw that. I'm not saying he's lying, but if Iain Lee has nothing to do with the production side of BB, how would he know that Rylan has the BOTS job?
    I dunno but seeing as he has had his own BB show in the past I suspect he knows most of them there.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    2 hours live stream a night, not too bad