ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,315
    Forum Member
    There's a reason we get on!!

:D:D:D:D

I get on with everyone, I'm such an easy going friendly guy.:D
  • Options
    Clark2012Clark2012 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    As much as I hope Johnny's secret is unexpected, perhaps that he helped a family member to die? I would pay good money to see Sam Strike with Gary Lucy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it's as good as Peter's secret, I will keep up my current level of attention.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Did I demand that he should be gay? I dont think I did.

No you just do 50 threads moaning that Eastenders needs gay characters and Fatboy should be axed!

Seriously bored of it now. You ruin the forum for others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    BananaFeet wrote: »
    Will you throw an unbelievable strop if he isn't? And give us thread after thread after thread demanding he be made gay?

You bet your life he will!
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was an actual spoiler- not just speculating.... silly me

I do want him to be gay :p
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I thought it was an actual spoiler- not just speculating.... silly me

I do want him to be gay :p

I don't mind how many gay characters they have in the show but it's hardly 'dark secret' material. It's about as interesting as finding out someone has a secret tattoo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I don't mind how many gay characters they have in the show but it's hardly 'dark secret' material. It's about as interesting as finding out someone has a secret tattoo.

Exactly.

I fancy men. But that doesn't define me. I like a lot of other things too, my sexuality is just a part of me it's not the whole me. Although I'm probably 25% gay 75% mental nutcase. :D
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Exactly.

I fancy men. But that doesn't define me. I like a lot of other things too, my sexuality is just a part of me it's not the whole me. Although I'm probably 25% gay 75% mental nutcase. :D

Make that 20% gay, 50% nutcase and 30% sarcastic git :D
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,397
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Exactly.

You should have that printed on a tee shirt :D
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got it...He believes in UFOs :D
  • Options
    nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vaslav has some weird obsession with gay characters
  • Options
    Daisy LoooDaisy Looo Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    who............?
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the record, as a gay man myself can I say I have no problems with a character being gay – but I don’t understand how in 2013 that would be considered a dark secret. It would be nice if they normalised it, have him gay and for no one to bat an eyelid.

In this instance I’m not sure the character will be – obviously it won’t stop people speculating.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could EE be brave and make him a cross dresser or maybe even GID ?

I realise that's out there but its the sort of idea I can see DTC coming up with and it would be different from the usual predictions. Plus a genuine first for EE.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be disappointed if Johnny's dark secret is that he is gay because in this day and age it should not be a dark secret...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect he will be gay, but I don't think that will be his 'dark secret' but probably linked to it.
  • Options
    jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends on his family. If Mick exct. are homophobic then Johnny will of course have reservations about coming out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesisace wrote: »
    It all depends on his family. If Mick exct. are homophobic then Johnny will of course have reservations about coming out

Interestingly I can imagine Shirley having no problem with it – she was very supportive of Ben.

It would be refreshing if Mick didn’t care, but perhaps Linda (since we know Johnny is a mummy’s boy) is the one to overreact.
  • Options
    jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly I can imagine Shirley having no problem with it – she was very supportive of Ben.

It would be refreshing if Mick didn’t care, but perhaps Linda (since we know Johnny is a mummy’s boy) is the one to overreact.

I imagine Shirley, Tina and Nancy would be totally fine with it if Johnny turns out to be gay. It would have to be one of his parents

There's not many homophobic people in the square, in fact I don't think I could name one
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its funny, my real life experience of this is that my Parents and GrandMother have been fine but my sister found it hard.

I am thinking Linda may have the problem rather than Mick.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But if he is gay and his secret is connected to that in what way could it be dark?

Unless he is one of these guys who beats gay men up after the deed because he is disgusted at himself.

If EE did that I would be amazed at their balls but DTC did introduce a gay muslim.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if he was gay but does it have to be a secret? We've had quite a few 'coming stories' for a while and tbh, coming out shouldn't really be much of an issue these days anyway
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree that being gay could hardly be described as a dark secret in these enlightened days. It's not the 1950's!

Now if he turned out to be a paedophile..THAT would be a dark secret!

However...do you think any soap is ready to tackle this controversial subject yet? I expect one day it will be addressed in a soap...but in the current climate post the dreadful JS and Yewtree investigations...this may not be the time. But if done properly...and not sensationalised...it could be a compelling storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Make that 20% gay, 50% nutcase and 30% sarcastic git :D

I think I'm 100% sarcastic git. My boss told me this week his hardest job was trying to keep a straight face while I make sarcastic comments about other team members. :D