Options

NASA / UFOs / Conspiracy

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Bar Bar JinksBar Bar Jinks Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I posted this link to a collage of images taken on Mars in another thread.

Spend some time zooming and panning around this image: http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/177119

Use your mouse wheel to zoom and hold down the left mouse button to pan.

How many unnatural objects can you find?
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Dubdrifter wrote: »
    Seriously Cough, not a wind-up at all!

C'mon ... flogging a dead horse is one thing, but entering it into the Grand National and putting money on it is going a bit far! :D

I did fall for the routine, and with the benefit of hindsight I should have spotted it earlier as there were just too many of the old 'CT classics' to be true ... but yup ... you played it well ... up to a point. You must have been laughing your socks off! :D

However, you blew it with your post at 3:04 this morning. :(

You almost blew it with yesterday morning's post as alarm bells started to ring, but if you'd left it there, you might have kept me fooled. After all, I do always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. :)

Wanna know where you blew it?

Claiming that I was agreeing with you!

The alarm bells sounded when you trotted out this classic ...

"So are we coming round to the conclusion atmospheric effects are 'obscuring' real objects with reflective surfaces ...... I think you are helping my case here, Cough"

I took the bait and repeated my assertions that I did not agree with your conclusions blah, blah ... so you then really blew it by playing the same card again ... specifically this gem ...

"As long as you are happy the first object is rising through the earth's atmosphere ..... then I am happy with that interpretation too."

Now, it's one thing to go on a bit of a wind-up (I've done it myself on a CT website! :D) and to make stuff up or pretend you don't understand the meaning of "evidence", just for a giggle ... but you cross a line when you essentially start speaking on another poster's behalf ... such as by claiming they agree with you when they clearly don't.

That's no longer funny. At best it's extremely silly, but it can also be annoying and insulting. It set alarm bells ringing yesterday morning, but it certainly annoyed me when you kept at it.

However, as it would have been blindingly obvious to anyone with a couple of brain cells (even if they'd been borrowed for the day!) that I didn't agree with your wonderfully "creative" claims, and as I can't believe you could actually be stupid enough to think that I was "happy the first object is rising through the earth's atmosphere", the whole thing had to be a wind-up.

I'm all for a bit of a laugh, but it's a shame when people take things a step too far.

Okay, I'm off to feed my pet dragons in the hope it'll stop them bouncing out into space in the direction of the International Space Station as someone might think they're aliens ... and, of course, dragons are an indigenous species! I think I saw that on YouTube! ;-)

And now, in the words of another dragon ... "I'm out!" :cool:
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I posted this link to a collage of images taken on Mars in another thread.

Spend some time zooming and panning around this image: http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/177119

Use your mouse wheel to zoom and hold down the left mouse button to pan.

How many unnatural objects can you find?

So far, I've found a cat, a meerkat, a discarded rucksack and a seated bloke playing a guitar!
  • Options
    DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Dubdrifter;79211054However, no thrusters, boosters etc surely indicates craft that can escape earth's gravity relatively easily, and with minimal disturbance, surely must therefore be of 'alien' origin - because our craft have to obey Newton's Laws .....

[/QUOTE]

Our secret craft may be more advanced than you think, not sure why your still jumping to the conclusion that any craft performing 'exotic' maneuverers = Aliens.
  • Options
    AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I, for one, welcome our arse probing overlords.

If you take into account the number of crashed/recovered UFOs that have been allegedly seen over the years, the arse probing overlords must be the cosmic equivalent of drunk drivers.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anonandon wrote: »
    If you take into account the number of crashed/recovered UFOs that have been allegedly seen over the years, the arse probing overlords must be the cosmic equivalent of drunk drivers.

Exactly.

Superior intelligence my arse - no wonder they only love to interact with severely retarded redneck Bubba's. :D
  • Options
    DubdrifterDubdrifter Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Bit surprised by your last post Cough …. hope you haven't left the building ….. not a wind-up at all …… for people that know me I don't play games like that ….. a waste of time better spent on serious discussion ……

In the cut and thrust analysis of the video I seriously thought I had convinced you that your interpretation the 3 UFO's were man-made was erroneous for the reasons given.

Hope you are not taking an 'exit strategy' to dodge the issue.

I thought the video clearly showed the UFO's coming from earth ….. because of speed, exit trajectories and lack of evidence of 'mass ejection' propulsion ….. these were clearly not man-made.

No debunkers have come up with a logical alternative that hangs together other than 'very technologically advanced secret project craft' ….. it's that old cheesecake they roll out ….. even when a UFO is seen going at a speed that would Moulinex the brains out of the ears of the most hardy test pilot!

Just wanted to share a few interesting clips which give an idea how advanced technologically these so called 'alien' UFO's might be:

Looking at similarities to the 'looming' UFO I mentioned earlier …. I came across this:

https://youtu.be/ggFX1TsN2-0

Very weird eh? …..
    A planet in early formation has been suggested? ….. but then the clip shows it breaking away at speed! Which kinda blows that theory out the water. Ok it's an 'old clip' - no harm in having a go explaining what it might be though?

Here's a short fun clip possibly explaining anomalies around The Sun - [no, not Rupert Murdoch in space - though a lot of people think it would benefit mankind immeasurably if he was blasted out there!]

https://youtu.be/76ur2T-Q85g
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit surprised by your last post Cough …. hope you haven't left the building ….. not a wind-up at all …… for people that know me I don't play games like that ….. a waste of time better spent on serious discussion ……

In the cut and thrust analysis of the video I seriously thought I had convinced you that your interpretation the 3 UFO's were man-made was erroneous for the reasons given.

Hope you are not taking an 'exit strategy' to dodge the issue.

I thought the video clearly showed the UFO's coming from earth ….. because of speed, exit trajectories and lack of evidence of 'mass ejection' propulsion ….. these were clearly not man-made.

No debunkers have come up with a logical alternative that hangs together other than 'very technologically advanced secret project craft' ….. it's that old cheesecake they roll out ….. even when a UFO is seen going at a speed that would Moulinex the brains out of the ears of the most hardy test pilot!

Just wanted to share a few interesting clips which give an idea how advanced technologically these so called 'alien' UFO's might be:

Looking at similarities to the 'looming' UFO I mentioned earlier …. I came across this:

https://youtu.be/ggFX1TsN2-0

Very weird eh? …..
    A planet in early formation has been suggested? ….. but then the clip shows it breaking away at speed! Which kinda blows that theory out the water. Ok it's an 'old clip' - no harm in having a go explaining what it might be though?

Here's a short fun clip possibly explaining anomalies around The Sun - [no, not Rupert Murdoch in space - though a lot of people think it would benefit mankind immeasurably if he was blasted out there!]

https://youtu.be/76ur2T-Q85g

You continue to persist with this 'because no one can explain what it is, it must be alien' tactic.

The clip above as you rightly say is old...so considering it has been available to every person on the planet with a computer, why do YOU think it has not been reported widely in the media, or picked up by reputable scientists...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You continue to persist with this 'because no one can explain what it is, it must be alien' tactic.

Process of elimination I guess ...... seems the idea of technologically advanced civilisations make some people very uncomfortable.
    The clip above as you rightly say is old...so considering it has been available to every person on the planet with a computer, why do YOU think it has not been reported widely in the media, or picked up by reputable scientists...?

Debunked as CGI? Have only just come across it ..... Care to share the general consensus from the scientific community?
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Process of elimination I guess ...... seems the idea of technologically advanced civilisations make some people very uncomfortable.

Debunked as CGI? Have only just come across it ..... Care to share the general consensus from the scientific community?

But you have not eliminated anything, despite what you continue to claim. You simply persist in stating that because we cannot explain what it is, it must be extraterrestial.

And why do you assume people feel uncomfortable?

As for the general consensus of the scientific community...well, there isnt one. Which should tell you all you need to know about this ridiculous video.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But you have not eliminated anything, despite what you continue to claim. You simply persist in stating that because we cannot explain what it is, it must be extraterrestial.

Looking back at your posts on this thread you haven't proposed any theory on what these 3 objects are ..... at least some of us have proposed some 'possibles' ...... I eliminated rockets, missiles, drones and TR-3B project craft - one guy said new developments in TR-3B could explain the video ...... which was fair enough ...... open minded positive input is always welcome.

2)
    And why do you assume people feel uncomfortable?

Because whenever I talk about 'aliens', friends + family normally responsive to what I say, strangely 'disengage' and start looking at me a bit funny and try and change the subject! ........ also most scientists rarely engage, paranoia sets in as they visualise their grant money evaporating rapidly into thin air.

With a lot of grant money sponsored through organisations with Religious connections + interests in the USA ...... not surprising they want to stifle debate on the 'alien question' ...... because clearly the 'alien question' totally undermines most religions of the World.
    ........ By the way Ted Cunterblast ..... do you have religious interests to protect? You seem almost determined to deny 'alien visitation'- even as a 'last resort' option!

3)
    As for the general consensus of the scientific community...well, there isnt one. Which should tell you all you need to know about this ridiculous video.

Can't understand why you think the video of a 'UFO sucking energy out of the sun' is ridiculous.

After a short search, I came across this ..... clearly the scientific community is very interested in this solar phenomenon and has come up with quite a good rational theory that might explain what is going on here.
    No mention the video is ridiculous.

http://www.livescience.com/19024-refueling-ufo-solar-prominence.html

Good to see there are some people with open minds willing to 'get stuck in' and attempt to rationalise, ........ try it sometime ....... there are many mysteries still to be uncovered ......

You wrote this on post 198 :
    You know, unlike you when I see footage of something that people claim to be from another planet, and cite them as genuine because they appear to 'defy the laws of physics', I tend to think fake straight away.

Surely best to be open minded, analyse first, theorise, ...... if the theory stands up to scrutiny, then decide if it's fake or not.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Looking back at your posts on this thread you haven't proposed any theory on what these 3 objects are ..... at least some of us have proposed some 'possibles' ...... I eliminated rockets, missiles, drones and TR-3B project craft - one guy said new developments in TR-3B could explain the video ...... which was fair enough ...... open minded positive input is always welcome.

2)

Because whenever I talk about 'aliens', friends + family normally responsive to what I say, strangely 'disengage' and start looking at me a bit funny and try and change the subject!

Think you may have completely misinterpreted why they look at you a bit funny and strangely 'disengage', if you talk to them in the same way that you talk on this forum then it's nothing to do with them being uncomfortable with the subject matter.
    ........ also most scientists rarely engage, paranoia sets in as they visualise their grant money evaporating rapidly into thin air.

With a lot of grant money sponsored through organisations with Religious connections + interests in the USA ...... not surprising they want to stifle debate on the 'alien question' ...... because clearly the 'alien question' totally undermines most religions of the World.
    ........ By the way Ted Cunterblast ..... do you have religious interests to protect? You seem almost determined to deny 'alien visitation'- even as a 'last resort' option!

Scientists have been chipping away at religious dogma since forever, to imply that scientists are concerned with the religiosity of their sponsors is laughable.
    3)

Can't understand why you think the video of a 'UFO sucking energy out of the sun' is ridiculous.

After a short search, I came across this ..... clearly the scientific community is very interested in this solar phenomenon and has come up with quite a good rational theory that might explain what is going on here.
    No mention the video is ridiculous.

http://www.livescience.com/19024-refueling-ufo-solar-prominence.html

Good to see there are some people with open minds willing to 'get stuck in' and attempt to rationalise, ........ try it sometime ....... there are many mysteries still to be uncovered ......

It's ridiculous to think that it's a UFO sucking energy out of the sun for the same reason that it's ridiculous to think those three specs of light in that other video are alien spacecraft. You don't know what something is so you take a huge leap of imagination and guess.

Do you now accept the explanation in the link you posted, that it's a type of solar activity called a "prominence"?
    You wrote this on post 198 :

Surely best to be open minded, analyse first, theorise, ...... if the theory stands up to scrutiny, then decide if it's fake or not.

You've used the term open minded / open minds three times in this post, maybe you should read this before using again - Being open-minded.

Lastly, could you please stop messing up with the quoting of other posters, it makes it look like they are quoting themselves when they subsequently quote your post.
  • Options
    DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...... I eliminated rockets, missiles, drones and TR-3B project craft - one guy said new developments in TR-3B could explain the video ...... which was fair enough ...... open minded positive input is always welcome.

The TR-3B, even IF real, is just one terrestrial craft and decades old. They could still be in service so still a possibility, but if 'ours' more likely something different and more advanced/modern. If I was you I would read up at bit more. If you like your alien stuff, I would recommend Allies of Humanity, free online. Mental if true, great for speculation of aliens if just fiction.
  • Options
    AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Guys, I think you should get your selfs off to the politics forum. A big unidentifiable space object is going to wipe us out next month....again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think you may have completely misinterpreted why they look at you a bit funny and strangely 'disengage', if you talk to them in the same way that you talk on this forum.

Like to get my teeth into a debate and always call a spade a spade (can you still use this expression in our PC obsessed world! - guess someone on here will mis-interpret and give me grief :D) ..... like to throw in radical thinking and ideas - with humour .... rarely name call unless provoked .... haven't been on many threads being a new member and life's too short to pussy foot around on an issue - if you have an opinion, get it out there openly and honestly - and if it's total crap ..... to be sure DS members will tear it to shreds ..... guess I've got off pretty light on here ..... partly because the debunkers have come up with precious little to explain what the 3 lights are.

The numbers viewing threads I've been fully engaged on seem quite healthy for fringe topics ...... like - Fracking - Time to stop this Insanity now? - so maybe they like the banter. Haven't suffered from too much 'disengagement' there or here - people love this fascinating subject that pushes our scientific knowledge to the edge ...... possible 'of reason' maybe - but that has always been the place where the greatest scientific leaps forward have come from.
    Scientists have been chipping away at religious dogma since forever, to imply that scientists are concerned with the religiosity of their sponsors is laughable.
    Recently listened to Richard Dawkins' book " The God Delusion" - really recommended, especially Talking Book version read by the Author and his wife interjecting the quote sections ..... beautifully sardonic in places!
    He referred to various scientific grant Foundations - heavily sponsored by religious groups - who were guilty of trying to skew the research around evolutionary theory for example ..... dangling money to even stifle research in certain directions.

He was saying many scientist don't declare their atheist beliefs because it would exempt them from many Foundation grants in America - likewise if you are running for President I understand. :p

Easier to spot Obama at a Klan meeting than an atheist in the Republican Party :D

- and with most scientific grants funded by the wealthy Republicans ..... guess who calls the shots?
    Congress is dominated by Republicans ...... likewise they sit on many key NASA select committees, it's not difficult to work out who dictates policy on 'alien disclosure'.
    It's ridiculous to think that it's a UFO sucking energy out of the sun for the same reason that it's ridiculous to think those three specs of light in that other video are alien spacecraft.
    It was the title of the video ..... ridiculous? there's that put down rhetoric again ..... didn't quite buy into that specific first bit of the first video link being a 'spacecraft' because it looked so weird ..... other bits in the two videos looked more like 'possible alien spacecraft' especially in the second clip - the white 'pill' shaped UFO to the left of the sun
    ...... Amazing these 'craft' aren't affected by the intense radiation and actively seem to be around the sun for some sort of 'electromagnetic' refuelling - probably similar principle to the new Samsung phone remote charger using a magnetic field?

Several UFO's have been sighted around volcanic eruptions on Earth ...... and even been seen to descend into the molten craters during a lull in extreme activity ..... probably 'fridge like' down there compared to the sun!

They don't seem to obey our 'laws' of physics to be able to do that. Maybe they have a force field that deflects radiation of all spectra.
    You don't know what something is so you take a huge leap of imagination and guess.
    No huge leap of the imagination necessary ..... a few clips taken on good quality mobile phones of silver craft, very similar to the ones in the OP video scooting past the viewer at very high altitude sometimes even making instant high speed changes of direction ..... which meteorites, space debris, comets and our planes + projects can't generally do.
    Do you now accept the explanation in the link you posted, that it's a type of solar activity called a "prominence"?

Haven't had time to look in detail at other examples of this 'prominence' phenomenon talked about ...... certainly sounds feasible ...... used the word "might" explain it ..... will get back to you on that one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doctorb wrote: »
    If I was you I would read up at bit more. If you like your alien stuff, I would recommend Allies of Humanity, free online. Mental if true, great for speculation of aliens if just fiction.
    Thanks for the recommendation - will try and check it out.
    "The Humanoids" by Charles Bowen I recommended earlier ..... well worth a look also ..... non-fiction! (mostly)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haven't had time to look in detail at other examples of this 'prominence' phenomenon talked about ...... certainly sounds feasible ...... used the word "might" explain it ..... will get back to you on that one.

https://youtu.be/bQ7RaOMHb5I

Er....slight delay in getting back on this prominence issue. Got distracted by the debate to Save BBC 3.

The link in the Live Science article broke since I posted it, for some reason, so added the one above .......

Then NASA cut the live feed to Helioviewer.org which annoyed a lot of people on the 3rd May 2012 ...... just before it was cut, someone recorded this:

https://youtu.be/-yRrgaUG_Wc

...... some interesting pictures have still slipped around NASA's clumsy censorship attempts.

On the same day the 'prominence' appeared doing it's weird stuff ...... this was noticed recently and posted on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/gI4BK7pYTY0

Hope people can spend time to analyse this. Helioviewer.org is certainly throwing up very interesting data ...... pity all the astronomers go strangely quiet when this stuff appears ..... it's as if the prospect of discovering a far superior advanced civilisation possibly 'hanging out' around the Sun gives them a distinct inferiority complex!
    They don't half get animated when a rock "showing possible microbes" from Mars pops up ..... :)
    They can feel slightly superior next to those 'alien' lifeforms!
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://youtu.be/bQ7RaOMHb5I

Er....slight delay in getting back on this prominence issue. Got distracted by the debate to Save BBC 3.

The link in the Live Science article broke since I posted it, for some reason, so added the one above .......

Then NASA cut the live feed to Helioviewer.org which annoyed a lot of people on the 3rd May 2012 ...... just before it was cut, someone recorded this:

https://youtu.be/-yRrgaUG_Wc

...... some interesting pictures have still slipped around NASA's clumsy censorship attempts.

On the same day the 'prominence' appeared doing it's weird stuff ...... this was noticed recently and posted on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/gI4BK7pYTY0

Hope people can spend time to analyse this. Helioviewer.org is certainly throwing up very interesting data ...... pity all the astronomers go strangely quiet when this stuff appears ..... it's as if the prospect of discovering a far superior advanced civilisation possibly 'hanging out' around the Sun gives them a distinct inferiority complex!
    They don't half get animated when a rock "showing possible microbes" from Mars pops up ..... :)
    They can feel slightly superior next to those 'alien' lifeforms!

There's little point in debating this with you as you will always come to the 'it must be aliens' conclusion as that's what you want to believe.

The strange looking phenomenon has been explained in the Live Science link you posted: "However, according to NASA scientists, the feature is actually a little-understood, but frequently observed, type of solar activity called a "prominence," and the way it is situated beneath another solar feature gives it its otherworldy appearance." Do you reject that explanation and if so, why?

You're still making unfounded accusations of NASA censorship and seem to have completely the wrong idea on the nature of scientific thinking. If (and that's a very big if) scientists thought that it really was an alien spacecraft sucking energy out of the Sun, they would do everything possible in an attempt to make contact, it would be a world changing event, arguably the most significant event ever. Any scientist would love for that to happen, the notion you have that they would try to hide this discovery due to an 'inferiority complex' is bizarre.