When does BBC THREE close and when does BBC1+1 start

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello I was aware the BBC wanted to end the BBC three channel and replace it with BBC1+1 however for along time now I've not heard anymore about it

Does anyone have an update on these plans

Comments

• popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    BBC One+1 isn't happening, the idea was rejected by the BBC Trust and BBC Three closure is only provisional, it has to go through a second round of consultation before confirmation of its closure and switch to online only
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A: thank you for that news that we will proberbly keep BBC THREE

B: I'm not sure why my topic was moved why what was wrong with it
  • Howard_GilpinHoward_Gilpin Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that BBC have moved international rugby highlights solely to BBC2. They used to be on BBC Three. Is this an indicator that BBC Three is going online?
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They used to be on BBC Three. Is this an indicator that BBC Three is going online?
    If you're lucky. The ratings that former BBC Three programmes are getting on other channels are much lower than what they would have got on BBC Three. Could give justification for the BBC big wigs to abolish young adult PSB and give more cash to BBC One drama. Indeed, I suspect the general consensus is that Channel 4 has offered to provide programming for young adults, so just leave them to it.