Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Because she does consider him a son. Don't why this is hard to understand.

cos he's an annoying little shit.
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't that excellent acting, Leanne's fall and then the slightly raised head and collapse and urgh! Corrie's drama just gets better and better:o:o
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dobbybear wrote: »
    Wasn't that excellent acting, Leanne's fall and then the slightly raised head and collapse and urgh! Corrie's drama just gets better and better:o:o

ha! yes.

it was as though the director had said "groan and roll your head to the side so everyone can see the full extent of your injury before going all limp again
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha! yes.

it was as though the director had said "groan and roll your head to the side so everyone can see the full extent of your injury before going all limp again

Yes and of course she has to have a bath running so someone will come to her rescue, just before she drowns, haha
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    i have got an oversized red one from Lands end. :D Its made of goosedown so its very warm and light. I dont care if I look like Gail in it. (but im going to lay off the turtle necks just in case :p)

Was that Ashley's girlfriend played by Joanne Froggat?

I think its a horrible storyline. :(

Mine is from Lands End too!! And it's down. It's the warmest coat I've ever had and I love it. It isn't as shiny as Gail's and doesn't have fur on the hood, so I hope I don't look like Gail in it - I will steer clear of turtle necks too though :D:D
  • RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dobbybear wrote: »
    Yes and of course she has to have a bath running so someone will come to her rescue, just before she drowns, haha

I thought the floor looked remarkably dry when Mary came to the rescue considering the amount of bath water that must have been flooding on to it!
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    How come Roy and Cathy weren't disturbed by the sirens and blue flashing lights of the ambulance? :confused:
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    How come Roy and Cathy weren't disturbed by the sirens and blue flashing lights of the ambulance? :confused:

They were in raptures listening to Grieg :)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching part two.

When Leanne was in hospital, did anyone see the double plug sockets behind her on the wall? I think I counted 8 double sockets!!! It was like a wall of them!
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Leanne's furniture edged with razor wire? First Simon now her, barely grazing it and nearly bleeding to death :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can Hope be any more wooden?????
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    And quite a few archipelagos (old Ben Elton joke). Let's hope nothing happens to Liz which could make the police do DNA testing on her sheets.

Very tedious, but is that the case when you simply want to buy something with a third party's credit card?

Now that's an unenviable job! :o
    :D I doubt they would be able to convict one single party based on evidence from Liz's dirty sheets :o:p:D

The forensic report would be somewhat lengthy! ;-)
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tis not Ope's fault, children learn by example
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    Is Leanne's furniture edged with razor wire? First Simon now her, barely grazing it and nearly bleeding to death :D

Yes and she has that remarkable Corrie blood that gushes instantaneously and runs downwards as she falls or defies gravity and runs uphill, (take your pick), despite it coagulating immediately just a second after the fall, but only a slight smear of blood on the light grey carpet.

Truly remarkable as is two men doing nothing to check a growing damp patch,despite having a key, until the force of nature that is Mary galvanises them into action.

Dear me.
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Now that's an unenviable job! :o

The forensic report would be somewhat lengthy! ;-)

Sheets of it?
  • SoapyMcSoapSoapyMcSoap Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »

Exactly. It will be a wonder if either or both of them survive living there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    cos he's an annoying little shit.

I don't particularly dislike him but Simon needs shipping off to wherever his father has gone to and then in a few years he can return with a new head, one which resembles the baby who went to Austraila!

Aww poor Hope. That boy who plays Jack Webster is no better.

Anyway someone with sense would have chosen a happier place and been very reassuring and positive with Hope, but not Corrie. It's bedtime and two miserable parents decide to tell their child about her illness? Ty even jumped up and ran off. The acting was dreadful.
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheets of it?

Books of it, speaking of which Liz could write a book "A life of celibacy... And other promises I instantly broke"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheets of it?

Contaminated samples probably! ;-):o
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What do you expect from two four year olds. Acting to rival Lawrence Olivier? Couple of Shakespearian plays under their belts?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    What do you expect from two four year olds. Acting to rival Lawrence Olivier? Couple of Shakespearian plays under their belts?

No I don't expect Laurence Olivier standard of acting. But what I do expect is being able to comment without being attacked with a load of sarcastic crap.

Corrie have chosen particularly quiet, almost shy children to play Jack and Hope. That may well suit Corrie's purpose because the adults are meant to do all the acting. Although the girl who plays Ruby is a bright little spark.
  • culabulaculabula Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did the guy with the manicured beard leave a voicemail for Simon saying his mother was being kept in overnight ? Wasn't Leanne informed of that in his absence while he was away phoning Simon ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching part two.

When Leanne was in hospital, did anyone see the double plug sockets behind her on the wall? I think I counted 8 double sockets!!! It was like a wall of them!

Nothing unusual about that especially in a cubicle in A & E, I've been in several:D
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly dislike him but Simon needs shipping off to wherever his father has gone to and then in a few years he can return with a new head, one which resembles the baby who went to Austraila!

Anyway someone with sense would have chosen a happier place and been very reassuring and positive with Hope, but not Corrie. It's bedtime and two miserable parents decide to tell their child about her illness? Ty even jumped up and ran off. The acting was dreadful.

I also thought they told her too soon.. They don't even know the full details yet about her tumour or what treatment (if it is treatable) she'll need. Surely it'd be better to wait until they'd have all the answers for any questions she'd have?
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nor only that, they chose first thing in a morning - before work - to break the news to Chesney and that lot next door! Common sense surely dictates they would have invited them round after work, when they have time to take it all in?!
This discussion has been closed.