Options

McDonalds in town centre closing Tuesday

Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And moving to a new out of town store so thats 2 out of town stores in the town now>:(
And its only benefits goes who can drive. Or want to pay for bus or taxi.
And all town will have now will be Subway and KFC for fast food take ways.

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down with this sort of thing!
  • Options
    DigitalSpyUserDigitalSpyUser Posts: 1,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Around my neck of the woods there isn't a McDonalds for miles. We have Subway and a KFC that is right at the edge of town near an industrial estate.

Is a McDonalds that great a loss? Having said that. I like the breakfast but have that very very rarely when I do come across a McDonalds at the right time of day.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A third opened up in my town recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Around my neck of the woods there isn't a McDonalds for miles. We have Subway and a KFC that is right at the edge of town near an industrial estate.

Is a McDonalds that great a loss? Having said that. I like the breakfast but have that very very rarely when I do come across a McDonalds at the right time of day.

I have a McDonalds once a week and on occasions 2 times,now If went one it's going to be a 55 minute walk instead of a 25 minute walk, or 2 buses.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bridgend town centre McDonalds closed several years ago, but unfortunately there is still an overwhelming populace of underclass roaming around.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Down with this sort of thing!

Careful Now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it was not for the stupid decision to close the town centre McDonalds had 3 McDonalds in town.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a McDonalds once a week and on occasions 2 times,now If went one it's going to be a 55 minute walk instead of a 25 minute walk, or 2 buses.

Oh well, at least you'll burn off some of the kcals. Couldn't you cycle it though?
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Be thankful. That stuff rots the brain, and some people can't spare much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was not for the stupid decision to close the town centre McDonalds had 3 McDonalds in town.

What did you normally order? I like the double cheeseburgers and the nuggets best.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Subway is better than McDonald's
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    I'd be delighted if they got rid of every place like MacDs, KFC and Subway...vile shitty stuff! I dread to think what goes into them! Urgh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    I'd be delighted if they got rid of every place like MacDs, KFC and Subway...vile shitty stuff! I dread to think what does into them! Urgh!

Pigs will come to the trough to gorge on swill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    I'd be delighted if they got rid of every place like MacDs, KFC and Subway...vile shitty stuff! I dread to think what does into them! Urgh!

I hope they never go away as millions and millions of other people do too, just because you don't like them millions and millions of other people do and think of the millions of people that would be unemployed
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, at least you'll burn off some of the kcals. Couldn't you cycle it though?

He's about right for a mobility scooter now, I'd say
  • Options
    HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And moving to a new out of town store so thats 2 out of town stores in the town now>:(
    And its only benefits goes who can drive. Or want to pay for bus or taxi.
    And all town will have now will be Subway and KFC for fast food take ways.

Bicycle. That way you can work up an appetite on the way there and then work off the calories gained on the way back.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your town just got HEALTHIER then :D
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I hope they never go away as millions and millions of other people do too, just because you don't like them millions and millions of other people do and think of the millions of people that would be unemployed

Thats the answer Stevie, you've just hit the nail on the head!

Get a job at Donalds and then you can have one everyday. For free as well, what a bonus.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We have 5 :o:D.
  • Options
    No-OneNo-One Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in the only county in the country that doesn't have a single McDonald's. But the county is so small, the nearest one is only about a 15 min drive away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    Thats the answer Stevie, you've just hit the nail on the head!

Get a job at Donalds and then you can have one everyday. For free as well, what a bonus.

Eat 1 everyday:o as much as I love them that's to much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-One wrote: »
    I live in the only county in the country that doesn't have a single McDonald's. But the county is so small, the nearest one is only about a 15 min drive away

Name it please. I want to move there - no MuckD's presumably means no council estates and no underclass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    We have 5 :o:D.

Haha what's the population?
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McDonald's is on a downward trend in most countries. Like smoking, years of being told it's bad for you seems to finally be having an effect.
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Eat 1 everyday:o as much as I love them that's to much.

You could have something different every day. Big Mac one day, Quarterpounder the next, then nuggets, maybe a Leg End or a Wrap, and if you fancied something healthy theres always salad.