Comments

• Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Oh bless him. RIP Stuart.

One of my friends died last August, he was 25, he died of anaphylactic shock after being stung by a wasp during the night - his bedroom window was open. Nobody knew he was allergic, even he didn't. His parents are still struggling to come to terms with the fact their boy is gone. Sudden premature death is a hard burden to bear.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An autopsy has revealed Stuart died from an asthma attack according to the Daily Mail website. It is very sad R.I.P Stuart.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An autopsy has revealed Stuart died from an asthma attack according to the Daily Mail website. It is very sad R.I.P Stuart.

Poor thing.

Its terrible to think of him struggling to breathe.:cry:
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor guy.he looked in pretty good shape from the pics I saw its really shocking and tragic another one lost to the 27 club.I didnt even know someone could die from an asthma attack.condolences to his loved ones.rip stuart.
  • Options
    Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor thing.

Its terrible to think of him struggling to breathe.:cry:

I suffer from asthma and I can tell you it can be extremely frightening when a bad attack takes over you. Imagine running full pelt for a mile and then at the end of it given nothing but a thin drinking straw to breathe through for 5 to 10 minutes with very little oxygen getting into the bloodstream.
    Poor Stuart, such a terrible way to go.:(
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suffer from asthma and I can tell you it can be extremely frightening when a bad attack takes over you. Imagine running full pelt for a mile and then at the end of it given nothing but a thin drinking straw to breathe through for 5 to 10 minutes with very little oxygen getting into the bloodstream.
    Poor Stuart, such a terrible way to go.:(

Its too shocking for a non-sufferer like myself to begin to comprehend.:cry:

Take care DD xx
  • Options
    hackjohackjo Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dreadful. This is the definition of a tragic death. He probably got taken unawares by a massive asthma attack.

I suffer from asthma and was completely debilitated by it a year ago. People don't realise that it is a fatal condition if untreated. It is very, very serious.

Poor guy, losing his life at such a young age when he was doing so well for himself. A warning to all of us.
  • Options
    Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its too shocking for a non-sufferer like myself to begin to comprehend.:cry:

Take care DD xx

Thanks DD xx :)
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't imagine how scared he must have been. Poor guy.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    hackjo wrote: »
    Dreadful. This is the definition of a tragic death. He probably got taken unawares by a massive asthma attack.

I suffer from asthma and was completely debilitated by it a year ago. People don't realise that it is a fatal condition if untreated. It is very, very serious.

Poor guy, losing his life at such a young age when he was doing so well for himself. A warning to all of us.

I agree, I too am asthmatic and find it is a very misunderstood illness, even often by it's sufferers.

A GP once said something to me which has always stuck in my mind; she said that asthmatics tend to generally get used to living with a lower level of health than other people, because they're more effected by colds and infections. She said that, combined with the general public view that asthma is nothing serious, often leads to asthmatics neglecting their lung health and failing to control their illness as well as they could.

I don't want to speculate, but I have to admit that thought was very much on my mind when I read about the cause of Stuart's death. Very, very sad.