Options

Declan Donnelly and Ali Astall to marry today

13»

Comments

• Options
    bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long will it be before Dec has a shave?

At this stage, it will probably be at the mortuary.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to make a comment, it was my mum who brought it to my attention, but what the hell was Ant's wife wearing!? :o
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to make a comment, it was my mum who brought it to my attention, but what the hell was Ant's wife wearing!? :o

I agree with your mum, ;-)it wasn't flattering whatsoever. Hoever, if the lass was happy.....so be it. Shockingly bad choice though:p
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    JW was part of the sexagon along with' i'm a laydee' and Mr X.
    RAD were the triangle (and also part of the sexagon - 6). The sexagon was just a DS rumour and fun while it lasted. It goes back to 2009, before Mr X's 50th birthday.

I think Dec wanted to get married before he was 40, and Ali was there. The question I ask is if he loved her all along why did they not get married before now. They want kids and it gets a lot harder after 40 especially for women (Ali is 38 I believe). Although Dec being one of seven children, should have no problems in that area.

It reminds me of the line in friends 'You will be my backup if I am not married by 40'
    Bless.

What an utterly ridiculous statement. The number of siblings one has does not determine ones fertility. :p Silly....
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I agree with your mum, ;-)it wasn't flattering whatsoever. Hoever, if the lass was happy.....so be it. Shockingly bad choice though:p
    I wondered if she might be pregnant. She's usually wearing fitted clothes, not loose stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soilhoof wrote: »
    Jonathan Wilkes... blimey, there's a blast from the past.
    What happened to him? Is he still in showbiz? Is he still Robbie Williams' BFF?
  • Options
    TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    What an utterly ridiculous statement. The number of siblings one has does not determine ones fertility. :p Silly....

Fertility runs in families, and if your parents are fertile the likelihood is that you will be too (assuming everything is working ok).
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    What happened to him? Is he still in showbiz? Is he still Robbie Williams' BFF?

I think I read he was an usher at the wedding. As for showbiz, I have no idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I read he was an usher at the wedding. As for showbiz, I have no idea.
    I'd Google but I can't be arsed.
  • Options
    Double HelixDouble Helix Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    tony321 wrote: »
    I don't know why but this reminds me of the time Michael Barrymore married his manager

Ali really needs to stay away from pool parties.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about we all mind our own business?

Nothing gets my goat more than others speculating on others fertility. It is NOBODY'S business but theirs for goodness sake. It's a hugely sensitive issue.

Why then are couples in Hello and OK always asked about starting a family?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Why then are couples in Hello and OK always asked about starting a family?

Because OK and Hello are a lot of fatuous nonsense whereby zelebs display every fart for a quick buck.
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I wondered if she might be pregnant. She's usually wearing fitted clothes, not loose stuff.
    Her wedding dress was fitted at the waist so I doubt it . I also doubt she or he would bother hiding a baby bump since they've been together ages and it would hardly send shock waves through society .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Her wedding dress was fitted at the waist so I doubt it . I also doubt she or he would bother hiding a baby bump since they've been together ages and it would hardly send shock waves through society .
    I wasn't talking about Ali, it was Ant's wife who was wearing a loose dress.
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I wasn't talking about Ali, it was Ant's wife who was wearing a loose dress.
    Oh sorry , I misunderstood . My apologies :blush:
    I have noticed that Ant's wife tends to wear not terribly fitted things . I think she might imagine herself not enough of a twiglet to carry off tight fitting clothes . In reality she looks a nice healthy weight and I've seen much larger women wear fitted clothing , but her style seems to be for comfort rather than being a fashion victim, which is refreshing .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh sorry , I misunderstood . My apologies :blush:
    I have noticed that Ant's wife tends to wear not terribly fitted things . I think she might imagine herself not enough of a twiglet to carry off tight fitting clothes . In reality she looks a nice healthy weight and I've seen much larger women wear fitted clothing , but her style seems to be for comfort rather than being a fashion victim, which is refreshing .
    I like her, she comes across as a lovely woman.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, she comes across as a lovely woman.

She is often on Strictly's It Takes Two because she is one of the makeup artists working on the show. She comes across really well.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

My mother saw Declan ages ago in the church she goes to and she told me that he's much smaller than she imagined him to be.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    My mother saw Declan ages ago in the church she goes to and she told me that he's much smaller than she imagined him to be.

Yes, I'm guessing he must be only 5ft 2 or 5ft 3. That photo above is not a trick of the light, that's their actual heights.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    She is often on Strictly's It Takes Two because she is one of the makeup artists working on the show. She comes across really well.

She's head of make up on strictly. I love the fact that she continues to work under her maiden name on BBC show. It was lovely to see Ant on his feet cheering her when Strictly won NTA and she went up on stage with team. She does Strictly while Ant is in Australia doing IAC.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm guessing he must be only 5ft 2 or 5ft 3. That photo above is not a trick of the light, that's their actual heights.

Well, I think Declan might have been bending his knees a bit in that image whereas in the image in the link below, he looks to be only a little bit smaller than her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2834447/What-sparkler-Declan-Donnelly-s-new-fianc-e-Ali-Astall-reveals-huge-diamond-ring-step-time-engagement-reveal.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've met him, at a hotel in Manchester, he was there with Ant for the BGT auditions a few years ago, I was there for a dull conference, and he's not that short. I'm 5ft, and was wearing 4 inch heels and he was taller than me, I have the photo to prove it :blush:
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Reminds me of the old joke of him going up on her.or maybe not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Well, I think Declan might have been bending his knees a bit in that image whereas in the image in the link below, he looks to be only a little bit smaller than her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2834447/What-sparkler-Declan-Donnelly-s-new-fianc-e-Ali-Astall-reveals-huge-diamond-ring-step-time-engagement-reveal.html

They don't exactly look loved up in the pictures in that article do they? In fact, she looks happier with Ant..............so does Dec actually! :D