Katie

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
She might be well good at the ballroom coz she does all that classical music stuff at Classic FM and the Proms on the BBC.

Comments

• dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this woman really require a thread of her own?
  • SilarmySilarmy Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    She might be well good at the ballroom coz she does all that classical music stuff at Classic FM and the Proms on the BBC.

Great English! :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she is a well classy lady wot will add a touch of class to the proceedings.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this woman really require a thread of her own?

Why not? Anton's got one and Peter Andre has had a couple and so have some of the other contestants. Or is it just because you don't like her so you think she doesn't deserve a thread.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've got a feeling she'll be very elegant in the ballroom....I'm not sure about latin...I think she may struggle in the some of the latin genres, but I'm looking forward to seeing her :)
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I like alot of latin music, doesn't mean I know how to Samba.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    I like alot of latin music, doesn't mean I know how to Samba.

That's quite true actually, just because you've got a love of music it doesn't mean you're going to be a great dancer....I mean look at Scott Mills last year....nuff said!
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems nice, she laughs alot which is good in my book, as nothing worse than a misery guts! I too think she'll get on ok in ballroom but maybe not so well in latin, but that seems to be quite common on Strictly.
    It's a shame Matthew Cutler isn't still a pro as for some reason he is who I see her with!
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a few signs that Katie may do well on Strictly.

She has a bit of a reporter- newsreader - proms - violinist - middle-class kind of aura for me from her past TV work.
    On the other hand, she seems lively, intelligent, well spoken, confident, up for a laugh, and seems to have potential for dancing.

I think she will work hard and if they put her with the ideal pro, I expect she can do well - provided her personality connects with the Strictly viewers. I think it may come down to whether enough viewers will see her as someone they would have a night out with - Alesha is an example of someone who I think made that connection with the viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the red carpet photos, Katie looks like she has difficulty shimmying so maybe those expecting her to be the second coming of dance will be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the red carpet photos, Katie looks like she has difficulty shimmying so maybe those expecting her to be the second coming of dance will be disappointed.

Why have you got such a downer on her? You've berated enough posters in the past for having downers on your favourites before they'd even danced yet you're doing exactly the same you've accused others of.

I don't think anyone expects her to be God's gift to dance - just that she'll make a good go of it and might turn out some nice ballroom because of her love of classical music. I think she might be an early exit or if she's lucky she might make it to around half way. Anyway she looks quite a fun personality, so I think I'm going to enjoy her even if she only has a short run.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Topaz stop replying to my posts. I've blocked you, I don't want to read what you have to say and I'm not interested.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Topaz stop replying to my posts. I've blocked you, I don't want to read what you have to say and I'm not interested.

Well then you can't read this but I'll reply to or question whatever posts I like.

And lol at you blocking me and it seems anyone who disagrees with you ......I'm naturally gutted :D:p
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Why have you got such a downer on her? You've berated enough posters in the past for having downers on your favourites before they'd even danced yet you're doing exactly the same you've accused others of.

I don't think anyone expects her to be God's gift to dance - just that she'll make a good go of it and might turn out some nice ballroom because of her love of classical music. I think she might be an early exit or if she's lucky she might make it to around half way. Anyway she looks quite a fun personality, so I think I'm going to enjoy her even if she only has a short run.

Pretty much agree with that. She's slim, elegant and holds herself well, so with a decent teacher there could be some nice ballroom there, Latin is obviously a bit more dicey potentially, but who knows - one I'm looking forward to seeing anyway, although I think she will go relatively early sadly.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well then you can't read this but I'll reply to or question whatever posts I like.

And lol at you blocking me and it seems anyone who disagrees with you ......I'm naturally gutted :D:p

Dear of dear. Topaz, slapped wrists all round! But what it's worth, I agree with what you say about Katie, and hope she does well. I'd like to see her with Aljaz, who does beautiful ballroom, and darn good Latin as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much agree with that. She's slim, elegant and holds herself well, so with a decent teacher there could be some nice ballroom there, Latin is obviously a bit more dicey potentially, but who knows - one I'm looking forward to seeing anyway, although I think she will go relatively early sadly.
    kaycee wrote: »
    Dear of dear. Topaz, slapped wrists all round! But what it's worth, I agree with what you say about Katie, and hope she does well. I'd like to see her with Aljaz, who does beautiful ballroom, and darn good Latin as well!

I'm glad she's getting some more positive responses because although when her signing was announced she did get mostly positive if somewhat muted responses, she seems to have got lost among some of the other 'big name' signings. Anyone is entitled to dislike a 'celebrity' and we can't all like the same people. I personally wouldn't have a go at people complaining about the likes of Andre because I know he rubs people up the wrong way with his attention seeking and I think some of the criticisms of him are valid....but it seems quite harsh writing someone like Katie off who seems very inoffensive before she's even danced.

Anyway I'm kind of hoping she'll get Pasha - I think he needs to flex his dancing and teaching muscles with someone older than he's had before, although I wouldn't mind Aljaz either. It's a shame there aren't any obvious looking duffers in the line up as I think she has would had greater chance to last longer if there were.

I hope the producers allow her a say in some of the music she gets to dance to - I've said on the song and music choice thread it's a shame they don't seem to allow the celebs much choice in the music they dance to. I think a popular classical piece like Beethoven's 'Fur Elise' could be a good one for her. I found this competition waltz on YouTube danced to it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x90AH0fo7FQ
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. I think she will turn out to be a very nice person with an easy sense of humour. Don't know where some got the idea that she was 'posh'. That's just silly. She's very firmly in the 'middles classes' and is very down to earth.

Loving classical music does not make you 'posh'. Aren't people weird? But maybe that stupid idea is what is causing the backlash from some. Sounds like the old chip on the shoulder number to me! How foolish! ;-)
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she is a well classy lady wot will add a touch of class to the proceedings.

Middle class you mean, don't you?
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    I agree. I think she will turn out to be a very nice person with an easy sense of humour. Don't know where some got the idea that she was 'posh'. That's just silly. She's very firmly in the 'middles classes' and is very down to earth.

Loving classical music does not make you 'posh'. Aren't people weird? But maybe that stupid idea is what is causing the backlash from some. Sounds like the old chip on the shoulder number to me! How foolish! ;-)

Unfortunately there seems to be a tendency among some peeps that unless someone talks like the TOWIE lot, then they must be posh!
  • RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking that Katie D might be a contender. If she looks as though she got some moves in her in the group dance on Saturday I will have a modest flutter on her. It's time someone over 40 won, Jennifer Grey won with Derek Hough on DWTS at 50 and I'd like another mature person to do it here.

Some people think she's unpopular/unknown - a few years ago she was a hot newsbabe. Anyway people without a huge fan base at the start often win, viz. Jill Halfpenny, Darren Gough, Chris Hollins (Oh dear !) Abbey Clancy. In fact most of the winners didn't start off with a huge fan base.

Go Katie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »

I do not dislike Katie because she is 'posh'. Some very small minded posters just seem to think that the only reason people could dislike darling Katie is because of her upbringing, because in their eyes she is perfect and obviously it couldn't be anything else.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I do not dislike Katie because she is 'posh'. Some very small minded posters just seem to think that the only reason people could dislike darling Katie is because of her upbringing, because in their eyes she is perfect and obviously it couldn't be anything else.

Out of interest, why do you seem to dislike her so much? I though you didn't know who she was when announced - apologies if that's wrong.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So, tell us why you dislike her.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I think Katie could turn out to be one of the dark horses this year

She is a musician so can cope with rhythm and following a beat, so she should be Ok for the ballroom dances, but like many another older lady she could have problems with the fast However if she just lets it all hang out and enjoys it she could go far.

Don't see why she's been written off as a duffer by so many - before the morecambe and wise show - who knew that Angela Rippon was a hell of a dancer??? Now Daniel...........
    I think he's the exception to the musicians should be good rule from what I've seen of his self conscious shuffles around the stage at his concerts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    So, tell us why you dislike her.

That is the question.