Does anyone here buy the telly/soap magazines?

2»

Comments

• Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    Me too.

Although it should be renamed What's On 'Enders, judging by the amount of times its characters are the main pic the front cover.:D

I occasionally buy Inside Soap, but I never bother with Soaplife or All About Soap, and their reliably daft headlines.

Lol:D, completely agree about What's On TV. It really bugs me how Enders dominates the cover every bloody week>:(. So I buy TV Choice because at least that has Corrie and Emmerdale covers quite often and not just Enders so at least that has more variety.

Also like you I occasionally buy Inside Soap but never Soaplife or AAS because their cover headlines literally make me cringe:blush:, as there's always a false Murdered?! Dead?!
    or Killed?! splashed across the front every issue!! Lol
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are a load of rubbish and drum up storylines into nothing. I used to read them all the time and about 80 per cent of what they report is not really what happens on screen.

Yet they are almost word for word what is released onto ds on a tuesday morning 😯
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I buy Inside Soap for the interviews more than anything, or the TV Times, but not every week whereas I used to, as you can access spoilers on DS.

Yup used to buy both of these. Stopped buying IS when I realised i learned more from this site and the TvTimes doesn't seem as good anymore but I still buy it at Christmas.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to buy IS religiously but very occasionally now, I read most of the stuff online so don't see the point.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Yup used to buy both of these. Stopped buying IS when I realised i learned more from this site and the TvTimes doesn't seem as good anymore but I still buy it at Christmas.

I stopped buying TV Times when it kept going up but I get it at Christmas too, the bumper issues are usually very good.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Now and again but not very often.