LBC General Chit-Chat 2 (Part 9)

Comments

• I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Neither he nor TV 'expert' Spence had heard of SFTW when Steve Hargrave mentioned it! It's the holiday ad. which seems to incense him the most. Not that any of his chums would dream of advertising stuff they don't use. I bet Dale W. has posted all his spare gold off to one of these dodgy dealers.

Ahh yes, the gold adverts with Dale.

As for the awards, yesterday SA namedropped the people who were going to be on his table. One was Jonathan Shalit. I assume he realises just who Shalit is, or certainly was?
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh yes, the gold adverts with Dale.

As for the awards, yesterday SA namedropped the people who were going to be on his table. One was Jonathan Shalit. I assume he realises just who Shalit is, or certainly was?

Who is he, apart from being a lot of low-rent celebs' agent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    I know the Maddy McCann story remains extremely sad, but surely it's now too old for this to amount to interesting news/journalism. Nick's completely unable to add anything new.
    Forum Member
    Who is he, apart from being a lot of low-rent celebs' agent?

He was Charlotte Church's original agent.

He may have still been her agent when Charlotte and Dale stitched Steve up big time by playing a practical joke on him on her show.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your efforts have been noted and are appreciated! ;):D

I presume G-S that you are referring to HHGTG 72nd birthday. Congrats. Glad to see you can still use a computer at your age :D:D:D

Also celebrating today, I believe, is 'our Shirl' who started posting on this 'ere very thread one year ago today. I expect she is close behind HHGTG in the birthday stakes :D:D:D
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    I presume G-S that you are referring to HHGTG 72nd birthday. Congrats. Glad to see you can still use a compu
    ter at your age :D:D:D

Also celebrating today, I believe, is 'our Shirl' who started posting on this 'ere very thread one year ago today. I expect she is close behind HHGTG in the birthday stakes :D:D:D

I am most gratified by your attention. I don't celebrate birthdays and won't be doing anything special today other than visiting our local pub for lunch and then going onto Sainsburys at Sevenoaks to do the weekly 'shop'.

Being a technical bod all my life ie. science and technology and and indurstrial analytical chemist, it was no great shakes learning to use t'internet.
    :) but :cool: but :o
  • goldenhatgoldenhat Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I presume G-S that you are referring to HHGTG 72nd birthday. Congrats. Glad to see you can still use a computer at your age :D:D:D

Congrats Shirl, happy birthday HHGTG and a big happy birthday to Jim Davis.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldenhat wrote: »
    a big happy birthday to Jim Davis.

Is he 72 as well ;):D
  • Gareth56Gareth56 Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JR tells us that SAs show is "like dropping in on a conversation between two people".

..and when SA is on his poor old ownsome it's like dropping in on someone who's in the twilight of their "career" chuntering away about everyone else who's done better than him and has more money than him!
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Gareth56 wrote: »
    ..and when SA is on his poor old ownsome it's like dropping in on someone who's in the twilight of their "career" chuntering away about everyone else who's done better than him and has more money than him!

I feel rather sorry for SA when he does all that name dropping as to whom his companions are, on the table the other night. Do any of those people know who he is?
    These luvvies are such a load of airheads, aren't they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peaches Geldof was at the Dorchester for the South Bank Awards - I wonder if she and SA exchanged pleasantries? ;)
  • Gareth56Gareth56 Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    I feel rather sorry for SA when he does all that name dropping as to whom his companions are, on the table the other night. Do any of those people know who he is?

Perhaps they just thought he was a waiter taking a break :D

They also have to fill all the tables somehow so it's like those 'Audience With....' programmes everyone including the studio cat is invited just to make the place look full for the TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    cj1234 wrote: »
    What was the 'do' Steve Allen want to? I woke up and he was going on about all the people he had seen. Also that he couldnt keep a secret and Michael Ball had told him something. Michael B must be kicking himself!

Did Steve say what it was that Michael told him?
    As an MB fan, I would be interested to know!
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member

He won't be able to do it next year. The South Bank Show has been canceled, & so are the annual awards presumably.

Happy Birthday!

Share and Enjoy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peaches Geldof was at the Dorchester for the South Bank Awards - I wonder if she and SA exchanged pleasantries? ;)

I wondered if he'd bumped into Amanda Holden when she was in the other morning. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lancy wrote: »
    Did Steve say what it was that Michael told him?
    As an MB fan, I would be interested to know!

No afraid not! He probably just likes the fact that he knows something others dont. Do you listen to MB on Radio 2 on Sundays, he's really good (sorry dont mean to advertise other stations!)
    Forum Member

He's namedropped them in his blog today, Elaine Page, Michael Ball, Russell Watson and, you've guessed it, Biggins, were all on the same table as him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    No afraid not! He probably just likes the fact that he knows something others dont. Do you listen to MB on Radio 2 on Sundays, he's really good (sorry dont mean to advertise other stations!)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I always listen to Michael on a Sunday. Only 2 more shows left though before he takes a break for the Hairspray tour, which I'm really looking forward to seeing!
    Forum Member

I know lots of things Steve Allen doesn't, like the best pubs in Twickenham for starters!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder which shiny droplet from the LBC rentagob pool will turn up on Titchmarsh today. It was Ken yesterday, although, strictly speaking, he's not exclusive to LBC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder which shiny droplet from the LBC rentagob pool will turn up on Titchmarsh today. It was Ken yesterday, although, strictly speaking, he's not exclusive to LBC.

I do wish they would keep a few of their ITV rentagobs to themselves. Sue Carroll appears far too often with NF for my liking. Irritating woman and not only that....she has annoying hair. As does Carole Malone. Oooh, give me a pair of scissors someone.
  • 156418156418 Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This just in from the Apple product announcement in San Francisco.

Darren iTossell gets a new saying for his sessions on LBC 97.3

"Get an iPad"

• Wolfie SmithWolfie Smith Posts: 5,531
    Forum Member
    156418 wrote: »
    This just in from the Apple product announcement in San Francisco.

Darren iTossell gets a new saying for his sessions on LBC 97.3

"Get an iPad"

No doubt he will devoting a considerable amount of time to advertising this new product on Sunday. And on Petrie's show.
  • 156418156418 Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt he will devoting a considerable amount of time to advertising this new product on Sunday.

Vallen will probably be down the Apple store after his show tomorrow getting his order in!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Tossell will probably be advising anyone with problems with the new gadget to do as he always says - turn it off, then on again or refer to the manual.
This discussion has been closed.