Options

I find Ant and Dec annoying.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
Forum Member
Am I the only one? I think they show a real contempt for their audience sometimes. Something about them doesn't sit right with me, especially with dec.

Comments

• Options
    DallyDally Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    The both act at being much dimmer than they are - maybe it's as simple as that. And maybe Dec is 'acting dim' more than Ant needs to! Or maybe it's all much more sinister ...
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Dec comes across as much more mr showbiz than Ant.
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are good at what they do, even if a lot of their shows aren't really my cup of tea.
    I have to agree though, that something doesn't sit right with me about Dec - I find his fake "cuteness" a bit repulsive - plus, he reminds me of Jimmy Krankie as he gets older!
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted - double post, sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Basphemy - I LOVE Dec!!! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha ha!! Jimmy Crankee!! love it! I went to see their takeaway programme as a friend had a spare ticket. They barely interacted with the audience except when the cameras were rolling. I wasn't very impressed.
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I have to say Ive never been a fan of tefal spam head and his badly hair weaved baldie mate, however, I did meet them last week and found them to be very nice guys, even away from the cameras and the public. I think they do have a very carefully managed "Family Friendly" image which they try very hard to uphold. This does sometimes comes across as making them appear "fake" or contrived. Im not keen on the way their management scours the internet and has anything even slightly incriminating removed, but I do have to say, I was quite impressed with how nice the lads were in person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked Ant & Dec.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe they were having a bad day!
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why they irritate some, certainly. I love them though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find them boring and not my cuppa tea. If they had a scandal or something to spice them up i might even watch one of their dull programmes. Probably not though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tegan1973 wrote: »
    I find them boring and not my cuppa tea. If they had a scandal or something to spice them up i might even watch one of their dull programmes. Probably not though!

So in other words you like:

Jordan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've loved them ever since SMTV live but I don't watch them much any more though, they have become a tad over hyped plus their in shows I refuse to watch (such as BGT). Have always had a big crush on Dec though, even if he is a bit camp :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zmiler7 wrote: »
    So in other words you like:

Jordan

No i am deffo in the anti-Jordan camp!

I liked them in the olden days when they did Saturday morning tv. I just don't like them anymore.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    some people preferred them in their PJ and Duncan days prob
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    They always make me laugh doing Im a Celebrity, in general Im rather fond of them, their book was very funny too.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked them, until I read thier autobiography...they came over as really smug IMO.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant & Dec = the face of ITV light entertainment, the chances are if you watch ITV on a Saturday evening you tend to like Ant & Dec. I don't hate them but I would not put them in my top 100 entertainers on tv.
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find them kind of creepy to be honest.
  • Options
    sands11sands11 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the things I've read on here I laugh every time I see them on TV now.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked them, until I read thier autobiography...they came over as really smug IMO.
    I don't think they realised how bloody smug they sounded in that book! I got it for Christmas as a joke pressie from my sister (she knows I'm not their greatest fan) and I read it one afternoon when I was bored. But aren't all autobiographies a bit smug and boastful? I haven't read anyone else's.
    However, in the wee Geordies defence, in person they are charming.
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their 'act' doesn't seem to be developing at all so I wonder how much longer they've got. Hopefully not long.

I don't like them and never have. I think they are the product of good publicity and scriptwriting rather than talented.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Dec is so cute!!
  • Options
    vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
    Forum Member
    I Love dec he is so cute!!!!! and ant is quite cute too :D
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate them but I generally avoid them. I think they're incredibly overrated.

They still possess the persona of a couple of immature schoolboys, especially on I'm A Celebrity - somebody should send them into the pit of hell on a bushtucker trial and see if they emerge with those annoying smug grins still plastered across their faces!!! :D