Should I buy Red Dead Redemption?

2»

Comments

• MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    You can pick the standard edition up on eBay for about a £5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Brilliant. Love many story missions and side missions line. The price you can get them now is so cheap its bloody well worth the money. Game last a good long while unlike many crappy ones that lasted 4 hours :o

Random encounters are fab in the vast landscape of the game

One of my top games and I am very fickle with games these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to buy the GOTY edition today but none of the shops have it in stock

So my question would Red Dead Redemption + Undead Nightmare = having all the stuff from goty edition
  • TreeboyTreeboy Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Yes if you get the disc version of undead nightmare
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Indeedy. GOTY edition for the win. Multiplayer is great as well. Tons of game modes and the game lobby is just a free roam version of the 1 player game map with a ton of things to do and always fire fights going on with other players.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie2008 wrote: »
    I hope the mission checkpoint system in RDR, which lets you instantly replay a part of a mission that you've failed is introduced in GTAV.

I'm sure it will as you can do this in GTA IV episodes (def in TBOGT) so no reason why it shouldn't be in GTA V.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it will as you can do this in GTA IV episodes (def in TBOGT) so no reason why it shouldn't be in GTA V.

It was actually introduced in The Lost and Damned DLC, which had a better system than The Ballad of Gay Tony, in which you'd replay a failed mission from one of the various checkpoints in the mission as opposed to just jumping back in from a set point.

The Ballad of Gay Tony introduced Mission Replays in which you could replay all the story missions in the game once you finished the story.

Red Dead Redemption took both of these and improved upon them to give us the system we have in that game where we can freely replay any mission when we want and also have the checkpoint system.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved RDR. Far better IMO than GTA IV.

Absolutely epic masterpiece.
  • hullaballoohullaballoo Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I really hope there's a sequel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    I really hope there's a sequel.

Or a prequel based on John Marston's past history prior to RDR.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The atmosphere of this game is incredible, the lighting and weather effects, all the random stuff going on around. the little things like how you can doff your cap to strangers, wildlife scuttling about even the glitches, flying cows, people falling out of the sky lol.

something I'd never thought about before

- MASSIVE SPOILERS -

When Jack shoots Ross he briefly looks at his gun before holstering it. I always buy a mauser when I reach Blackwater due to it's rate of fire, so when Jack looks at it (The Mauser) before the end credits I never gave it much fought.

Now I get it..

Assuming you don't buy/change weapons by default at this point you wield the High Power Pistol. The gun that is given to you (John) by Ross, he briefly takes it off you to get 'The Kill' on Dutch for himself even though Dutch is already dead. And then years later Jack uses it to kill Ross himself. one big circle.

Anyways, According to some wiki the High Power Pistol would not exist in the RDR time era, it uses a recoil slide to load yet Marston still does his animation where he cocks the 'non-existent' hammer. It's a bit of artistic licence but it's a nice metaphor for the encroachment of modernity, a theme that runs throught the game. The coming of the railways (incidently railways also brought about the advent of modern accountancy, their is a strange man who is an accountant, of sorts, he presents Marston with the truth, and the truth will set you free), Bonnie mentions a brother who has gone off to make money in the city while she's left running the farm, the Marshall who doesn't know how to work a telephone and berates having to cover jurisdictions other than his own. the contrast of Armadillo with lynching, drunks and **** to the conservative Blackwater. It's everywhere.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved RDR and I'm going to get back into it (well online MP anyway) again once Skyrim has worn off. If you get a posse formed online thats when the fun factor really kicks in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    If you get a posse formed online thats when the fun factor really kicks in.

Yeah, that was always amazing on GTAV, I remember my friends and I forming a kind of biker gang (before TLAD came out). Unfortunatly no-one plays RDR anymore on my friends list, shame that the max is only 100 friends :mad: :(
    Wish Sony would make it bigger, I play with most as well...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Get it! amazing game
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE:

Just to say I've finally got RDR, I got the normal edition in the end as it was going real cheap in GAME (plus I used most of my points so that's good if GAME are going)

Thanks everyone :)
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you like GTA you'll like it. I enjoyed it - although I did think it started to drag a bit towards the end.

I like GTA but didn't like RDR at all, and I usually like getting to ride a horse :p
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still annoyed they are not bringing it out for PC.