Options

Surely Amy's bag would have been searched before she went in?

They've obviously let her have extra bikinis on purpose so they could later reveal it and cause a pointless fuss.

Comments

• Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she hid the stuff elswhere;)
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AA2009 wrote: »
    They've obviously let her have extra bikinis on purpose so they could later reveal it and cause a pointless fuss.

Probably. The others are looking a bit dumb and silly now for giving up their own contraband. The fact they had any at all means they aren't exactly honest, but now they preach honesty and rules to Amy as though they are as pure as the driven snow. Well, she was smart enough to keep hers while they now look like dills.
  • Options
    Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AA2009 wrote: »

from previous series she would know this is likely to happen. what would be funny is if she removed them from her bag and hid them in the trees somewhere without the cameras picking it up and then let the jungle security guard come and search her bag so she can go aha how did you know there was something there, when they find nothing. hypocrisy exposed.
  • Options
    J SwiftJ Swift Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably wrote it into her contract that she was allowed extra bikinis - possibly even makeup - and she just doesn't want to rub the others' faces in it

Many of them will have permitted 'contraband' - nicotine patches, e-cigarettes, tweezers, hair brushes, extra food, etc. When they're negotiating, there's a fair bit of flexibility

Like with Big Brother, in many ways it's still a TV show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    triton333 wrote: »
    Probably. The others are looking a bit dumb and silly now for giving up their own contraband. The fact they had any at all means they aren't exactly honest, but now they preach honesty and rules to Amy as though they are as pure as the driven snow. Well, she was smart enough to keep hers while they now look like dills.

Yeah, exactly. I hope all the kids watching this learn to do the same in real life :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Levii wrote: »
    Yeah, exactly. I hope all the kids watching this learn to do the same in real life :rolleyes:
    Exactly. I've just come to the conclusion (well not just - for a while now) that those defending Amy's actions must surely be lazy, selfish and devious themselves.
  • Options
    IoanaPIoanaP Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My best friend here say that this happen last year also when someone had special exercise equipment in the jungle.

J Swift wrote: »
    They probably wrote it into her contract that she was allowed extra bikinis - possibly even makeup - and she just doesn't want to rub the others' faces in it

Many of them will have permitted 'contraband' - nicotine patches, e-cigarettes, tweezers, hair brushes, extra food, etc. When they're negotiating, there's a fair bit of flexibility

Like with Big Brother, in many ways it's still a TV show
  • Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    Maybe she hid the stuff elswhere;)
    Google Ursula Martinez, she's a real pro at hiding things :D
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google Ursula Martinez, she's a real pro at hiding things :D

Ain't she just!!:p
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the producers care too much about a bit of make-up, lip balm etc. It has happened every year where you can tell that at least one of the girls ( usually) has a bit of make-up.

I think the only thing that they appear to be strict on is any kind of food related items - hence the fuss over the chewing gum. It's only the campmates themselves that gave up more than the producers were expecting ( or rather the producers thought they would flush things out by using the word 'contraband' without specifying)

So, I think there has been a big fuss over the concealer, which actually, the producers couldn't care less about - as far as I am aware, there has only been one call for contrband to be handed in, which was really about the chewing gum.

The only thing I think should have happened is that once the other campmates knew about the concealer, Amy should have handed it in with good grace, whether she wanted to or not. She came over as a bit whiny in arguing about it
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. I've just come to the conclusion (well not just - for a while now) that those defending Amy's actions must surely be lazy, selfish and devious themselves.

I have defended Amy but not her actions .I am well aware of her selfishness , her laziness and her hiding things etc .I dont think any of it is malicious enough to warrant a gang bitching and her being picked on for every thing she does
    I think her behaviour is most likely the result of being very spoiled .