Options

RollerCoaster Tycoon World Revealed

CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
Forum Member
✭✭
Developed by Pipeworks, RollerCoaster Tycoon World once again puts players in charge of a theme park, complete with rides, shops, patrons and, of course, the titular roller coasters. Park maintenance and customer happiness need to be tended to, as well as overall construction and expansion efforts. But in the newest installment, players can also cooperate with up to four players to manage one massive amusement park.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-announced-for-early-2015-release?watch

Full PC experience, free of micro-transactions. Then I saw this.
Other players' parks can be visited, and coaster blueprints can be shared online as well –– Pipeworks wants to make RollerCoaster Tycoon World the most connected Tycoon title yet.

They would have taken in to account SimCity 2013, right? Right? They won't make the same mistakes, right? It's not going to be that connected? Guys? Reassure me, guys!

Comments

• Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RollerCoaster Tycoon is one of my most fav PC games ever so even if this has social aspects I don't care as long as it sticks to the core game.
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sigh* We wait years and years for these games. Then they're announced. They look stunning, we hear that they're gonna bring in the features we've always wanted, and we all pee ourselves. Then they shove in a line about multiplayer. Everything crumbles. SimCity was destroyed with MP, RCT will go the same way.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Pipeworks don't exactly have an inspiring track record, but i will give them the benefit of the doubt. Please don't mess this up guys!

I hope all the "social" aspects can be safely ignored.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally! It's happening! Can't wait to play it. Spent so long playing on the original games. Such a fun game to pass time with, and it's very enjoyable.
  • Options
    RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am worried that this sounds a bit like the last Sim City release.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    What happened with Sim City??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    What happened with Sim City??

Needless always on-line requirement, small city sizes (and generally rubbish simulation) are the main complaints. Only the on-line requirements has been fixed so far.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sounds good as long as you don't have to be connected to Facebook all the time to play it.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    RCT and themepark, two all my all time fav games oh and theme hospital

can't wait
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coaster Park Tycoon now announced by Frontier Developements (RCT3 devs).

You wait years for a theme park management game then 2 come along at once!
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM

I cried a little inside, such a disappointment. :(
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM

I cried a little inside, such a disappointment. :(

Looks like trash. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That looks terrible :(

Compare the video to the screenshots i posted earlier in the thread. >:(

Interesting comparison screenshot here with the 10 year old RCT3

http://www.pcgamesn.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-worlds-teaser-trailer-looks-very-familiar
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed with the gameplay trailer. It looks exactly like RCT3 looked. I was hoping for a bit more realistic gameplay. It's like they're just using RCT3 and just adding a few more rides.

I'm a massive fan of all the RCT games, but I'm gonna wait for more videos with gameplay in first. Knowing me though, I'll probably still buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avoid - this is a mobile game ported to PC with very few enhancements by the looks....
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost like they quickly cobbled together a RCT3 mod, after realising there's money to be had after the 'social media feedback'* about the god-awful mobile game.

*complaining
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone that works there said this is apparently early footage. Not sure why they'd show early footage though if it really was. Thought they'd want to make a good impression with the first gameplay trailer.
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To add to the awful multiplayer aspect, the game just looks like tripe. Interestingly, the company which worked on RCT3 is now developing their own theme park simulator. Could we see another SimCity/Cities Skylines event, whereby a lesser known company comes in and steals all the glory by developing the game the players want, as opposed to the franchise owner, who destroys their own property?
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Awful. I am (was?) a fan of RCT but cannot justify buying this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Haven't played this franchise since Roller Coster Tycoon 2. But i'm excited to check out this new game!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhatsUpBro wrote: »
    Haven't played this franchise since Roller Coster Tycoon 2. But i'm excited to check out this new game!

Great !

Would you also be interested in my £1m prize draw - you just need to send me £1,000 per ticket........
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you haven't been following, it was handed to a new dev team (the third now) who have really been turning it around.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-15-post-gamescom-recap-and-feature-list-updates/