Cheryl Cole Appreciation Thread!

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I really don't know what to expect come Sunday as I don't tend to follow charts, only when its a singer I am interested in, so I can't predict looking at these updates what will happen. But looking at sites like Buzzjack that have threads that follow the charts, they seem confident she has the number 1 on lock and don't think Magic will be able to close a 20k gap by Sunday. I think we will get another chart update tomorrow, so that will give a better idea at how fast they are gaining on her.

well they probably know best, but what about streaming?:confused: would she appeal more to the streaming market or would magic! gain extra chart points that way?:confused: she has that 20k lead, but they could still snatch it with two days left to go.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    well they probably know best, but what about streaming?:confused: would she appeal more to the streaming market or would magic! gain extra chart points that way?:confused: she has that 20k lead, but they could still snatch it with two days left to go.

Well streaming is included in those figures provided and apparently every 100 streams count as 1 chart sale, in the Official Charts article from Wednesday they say Rude's total stream sales equal 5%, so its not massively huge.

But yeah they are much bigger on streaming, they were put on spotify a couple of weeks ago and have climbed to the number 1 spot, Cheryl was put up on Sunday and is at 50 or something alike. Her team made a mistake not putting it up a week or two before to let it climb higher, but lesson learned hopefully.

It can make a big difference though, Nicole in the old charts would have charted at 3 last week, but once they counted streaming she fell down to 6. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday Update:

1. Cheryl Cole f/Tinie Tempah - Crazy Stupid Love (97.3k)* [+9.2k]
    2. MAGIC! - Rude (78.3k)* [+10.4k]
    3. Ella Henderson - Ghost (32.3k)
    4. Charli XCX - Boom Clap (31.1k)*
    5. George Ezra - Budapest (28.1k)

Streaming is supposedly missing from Wednesday, so its not exact, but someone on Buzzjack predicts it will be around the 17.5k lead for Cheryl if it were included.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well streaming is included in those figures provided and apparently every 100 streams count as 1 chart sale, in the Official Charts article from Wednesday they say Rude's total stream sales equal 5%, so its not massively huge.

But yeah they are much bigger on streaming, they were put on spotify a couple of weeks ago and have climbed to the number 1 spot, Cheryl was put up on Sunday and is at 50 or something alike. Her team made a mistake not putting it up a week or two before to let it climb higher, but lesson learned hopefully.

It can make a big difference though, Nicole in the old charts would have charted at 3 last week, but once they counted streaming she fell down to 6. :o

oh dear, i wonder if cheryl will suffer the same fate, considering her position on spotify.:o magic! seem to be increasing on her on itunes with eiach as well and there is still a day to go. this is too close to call, but if she pulls it off, will she take a similar minimalistic promotional approach to her next release?:blush:

i think we all know, deep down, she yearns for a family and a happy marriage. i honestly believe her career is secondary in her personal priorities. you cant blame her really, because many people feel this way, but she is in such a lucky position, you would think she would seem more committed.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She managed it, she is the number 1 and sold 118k.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/crazy-stupid-love-secures-cheryl-a-place-in-official-chart-history-books-3295/

She has a good shot at breaking the record now, considering she'll have another single out before the album and will have the huge hype from X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i am really surprised, it must have be pretty close, but I am pleased for her. i think she will drop like a stone next week though.:blush:

in fairness to cheryl though, she has achieved her #1's with lead singles, while geri fell out of favour pretty quickly. i have a feeling rita has more to give though and i think she will go on to have more #1's. both rita and cheryl have other singles released before their album releases, so it will be interesting to see who will get that 5th #1 first.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like she wants to be known as Cheryl Fernandez-Versini. In the description of the new trailer video, that's what they've written and this was from the first arena auditions today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt_amxuCEAElOiF.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70v457qwU0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i am really surprised, it must have be pretty close, but I am pleased for her. i think she will drop like a stone next week though.:blush:

in fairness to cheryl though, she has achieved her #1's with lead singles, while geri fell out of favour pretty quickly. i have a feeling rita has more to give though and i think she will go on to have more #1's. both rita and cheryl have other singles released before their album releases, so it will be interesting to see who will get that 5th #1 first.:p

She's holding up, she dropped to 4 at the start of the week for a couple days, but climbed back up to 2.

Friday Update

Singles
    1. MAGIC!
    2. Cheryl Cole feat. Tinie Tempah
    3. Zhu *
    4. Bars & Melody *
    5. Ella Henderson

She'll likely keep that position this week now and on another good note, Radio 1 are keeping her on their A-List next week too, so that should help prevent a free fall. I kind of expecting them to drop her next week.

I have no idea what her competition is like next week though, I reckon she'll drop further, but I hope she can do at least one more week in the Top 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's holding up, she dropped to 4 at the start of the week for a couple days, but climbed back up to 2.

Friday Update

Singles
    1. MAGIC!
    2. Cheryl Cole feat. Tinie Tempah
    3. Zhu *
    4. Bars & Melody *
    5. Ella Henderson

She'll likely keep that position this week now and on another good note, Radio 1 are keeping her on their A-List next week too, so that should help prevent a free fall. I kind of expecting them to drop her next week.

I have no idea what her competition is like next week though, I reckon she'll drop further, but I hope she can do at least one more week in the Top 5.

i think its a real grower. i have been playing it a lot in work this week while cashing up at the end of the night and it follows on nicely after ariana grande's "trouble".:D i still think it may end up being her lowest selling lead single, but its served it purpose and fingers crossed the next single may be even better.:p

ella henderson is holding up extremely well, but that song is amazing, to be fair.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think its a real grower. i have been playing it a lot in work this week while cashing up at the end of the night and it follows on nicely after ariana grande's "trouble".:D i still think it may end up being her lowest selling lead single, but its served it purpose and fingers crossed the next single may be even better.:p

ella henderson is holding up extremely well, but that song is amazing, to be fair.:)

Yeah I think it will be, I hope they have kept a stronger song back on purpose, seeing as they are going to have the exposure of X Factor and it has to launch the album, so it needs to be good. It's rumoured to be a Sia track and she really does deliver the goods most of the time, though there has been a few misses aswell.

She really is, she's doing brillaintly well. Its a brillaint song, Ryan Tedder really knows how to write a hit. I'm looking forward to her next song aswell, she's already filmed the video etc, they need to be careful though, they don't want to release it too early and its get overshadowed by Ghost, but at the same time they need to get it out as they album has a release date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I think it will be, I hope they have kept a stronger song back on purpose, seeing as they are going to have the exposure of X Factor and it has to launch the album, so it needs to be good. It's rumoured to be a Sia track and she really does deliver the goods most of the time, though there has been a few misses aswell.

She really is, she's doing brillaintly well. Its a brillaint song, Ryan Tedder really knows how to write a hit. I'm looking forward to her next song aswell, she's already filmed the video etc, they need to be careful though, they don't want to release it too early and its get overshadowed by Ghost, but at the same time they need to get it out as they album has a release date.

i hope they're holding something great back for single #2 as well. sia is a good songwriter, but like you say, she's inconsistent at times.:blush: i think my favourite sia written tracks are "diamonds" and "love me back to life", but she's written load of good songs over the years.:D

have seen "cheryl's #hangout" on "the Box"? its quite in insightful actually and she say's she's been inspired by dance/house lately, i wonder if that will be the direction of the album? she did say that "crazy sexy love" was a bit different for her and she likes to mix things up musically, because as a consumer that is what she likes.

the show kind of works in chronological order and its on "the box" again friday the 8th at 4pm if you have missed it.:)

i think ella's ghost is possibly my favourite song this year, its amazing and yes, ryan tedder is a great song writer.:) i would love for him to write a smash for cheryl.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Cheryl is #4 this week officially, I'm happy she got another week in the top 5, hopefully now she'll have a few weeks in the top 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 weeks in the top 10 and it will probably end up with another week in the top 20. not bad considering the lack of physical promotion. i wish she had got behind the track a bit more though.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 weeks in the top 10 and it will probably end up with another week in the top 20. not bad considering the lack of physical promotion. i wish she had got behind the track a bit more though.:p

It did a lot better than I expected it too, so I am pleased.

But its onwards with the next single, Cheryl has been in Spain and filmed the video for it. Here are lots of pics from the shoot.

http://cherylworld.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1175

It's called I Don't Care
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did a lot better than I expected it too, so I am pleased.

But its onwards with the next single, Cheryl has been in Spain and filmed the video for it. Here are lots of pics from the shoot.

http://cherylworld.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1175

It's called I Don't Care

i wonder if she feels that way about sarah harding's recent scathing comments about chezza's tattoo?:o of course, many people agree with her, but you don't really expect an ex-colleague to make such comments in the press.:( this just reeks of her using chery's profile to plug the show she's promoting, but this comes from the woman that has "don't be bitter - glitter" etched on her back. oh the irony.:D

cant wait for the next single from cheryl now.

btw, should we ask the mods to change the name of the thread, considering her last name is no longer cole?:D or should be wait for the ink to dry on the marriage certificate or until she removes her "mrs c" tattoo?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheryl has confirmed her new single and dave, it is indeed the title you earlier suggested.;-)

csl has hanged on in there with the x factor exposure no doubt, but still, its done pretty good in all fairness.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheryl has confirmed her new single and dave, it is indeed the title you earlier suggested.;-)

csl has hanged on in there with the x factor exposure no doubt, but still, its done pretty good in all fairness.:)

I wonder when we will hear it, hopefully at some point this coming week, but I reckon most likely it will gets its premier next Monday. I hope its good.

It has done well, it being used quite a bit on last weeks X Factor seems to have helped a little, but it was doing rather well anyway. I think its close to 300,000 copies sold, so its doing well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder when we will hear it, hopefully at some point this coming week, but I reckon most likely it will gets its premier next Monday. I hope its good.

It has done well, it being used quite a bit on last weeks X Factor seems to have helped a little, but it was doing rather well anyway. I think its close to 300,000 copies sold, so its doing well.

how are you finding her on the x factor? I found her hugely hypocritical when said no to a hopeful over their nerves, then we know this is why she mimes so much.:blush: aside from that, i am liking her return, her chemistry with mel b and she even sounded in tune helping someone sing a whitney song.:o i also found the way she acknowledged how she could have been in a similar position to that member of "girl thing", quite endearing and honest. however, i did find that comment that simon made about that woman dressed in the "fight for this love" costume nailing her vocally rather amusing.:D

yeah, she always ends up above 300k with her lead singles, but she still will sell the least with csl. i really hope single 2 is better and snatches another pre-album #1. i cant wait to hear the new track.:)

where is everyone though? it just seems like a two way conversation.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how are you finding her on the x factor? I found her hugely hypocritical when said no to a hopeful over their nerves, then we know this is why she mimes so much.:blush: aside from that, i am liking her return, her chemistry with mel b and she even sounded in tune helping someone sing a whitney song.:o i also found the way she acknowledged how she could have been in a similar position to that member of "girl thing", quite endearing and honest. however, i did find that comment that simon made about that woman dressed in the "fight for this love" costume nailing her vocally rather amusing.:D

yeah, she always ends up above 300k with her lead singles, but she still will sell the least with csl. i really hope single 2 is better and snatches another pre-album #1. i cant wait to hear the new track.:)

where is everyone though? it just seems like a two way conversation.:p

I am quite enjoying her, I still think at times she looks uninterested and I'm still longing for the spark to return, it still doesn't seem to be back imo. But on the whole I am enjoying the show, Mel is a great addition, and them getting along is a bonus. I do think her comments are better now, some of the auditions are the same comments as before, but she has gave out some good feedback to imo.

Yeah I laughed at that, she sounded pretty good, though I think we can guess what would have happened had she kept going!! :blush::p

I'm looking forward to the live shows, hopefully her new marriage, great success and the adrenaline of it being live will awaken her. :D (Some fan I am, constant criticism:p)

Yeah, I know. I see KieranDS occasionally posting elsewhere, but everyone's disapeared from this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am quite enjoying her, I still think at times she looks uninterested and I'm still longing for the spark to return, it still doesn't seem to be back imo. But on the whole I am enjoying the show, Mel is a great addition, and them getting along is a bonus. I do think her comments are better now, some of the auditions are the same comments as before, but she has gave out some good feedback to imo.

Yeah I laughed at that, she sounded pretty good, though I think we can guess what would have happened had she kept going!! :blush::p

I'm looking forward to the live shows, hopefully her new marriage, great success and the adrenaline of it being live will awaken her. :D (Some fan I am, constant criticism:p)

Yeah, I know. I see KieranDS occasionally posting elsewhere, but everyone's disapeared from this thread.

simon says its not about money with cheryl, but we both know she is clearly motivated by money.:D having said that, there have been plenty of tears, very reminiscent of her first year on the show, before she got too cocky.

yeah, she can barely sing her own songs at times, so she quit that whitney song while she was ahead.:p

i think given the right category, she might be great on the live shows and of course, she will no doubt get a performance slot. :cool:

the spice girls are apparently going to vegas next year without victoria (posh). cheryl would be a perfect replacement from what mel b said.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh good grief, is it really that bad?:confused: the article could have been written by you know who, which might explain why their 15th profile is still active.:D stuff like this just feeds the tolls, but it will get clicks i guess, which surely is the whole point?:confused:

has any new cat threads, threads about house spiders, threads about martine mccutcheon or any threads about some random band like the coors surfaced recently?:D
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone loves a bit of Cheryl, she's pretty much the perfect woman. Drop-dead gorgeous, great figure, amazing personality and she has a good voice too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still can't believe I Don't Care hasn't premiered yet, I thought it would have happened about two weeks ago, its been a month since she filmed the video. But I just saw this on twitter,
    Chart show tv just said they've heard 'I don't care' and said its Cheryl's best yet😁 they said they would be the first to play it!!

I would guess if they have heard it, its coming really soon, hopefully premiers this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the song is here and now we have the video. :D

so much better than csl imo, but will it be her fifth #1?:p
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl looks incredibly hot on the cover of today's Fabulous magazine. Showing off every inch of that wonderful figure! Can't stop looking at her bum.