Options

Horrible Iceland Advert :-(

Comments

• Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Same here. Price & the Essex lot are just as bad.

As for Andre, these tacky ads make me never want to set foot in one of their stores

Just out of interest, who would you put it in the advert in place of Peter?
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    babybutch wrote: »
    You guys take life too seriously , it's just a bit of fun advertising .
    As if the big names advertising M & S clothes wear them daily ;-).Or Ant and Dec do a weekly shop at Morrisons :kitty:
    Iceland know what they are doing , look at everyone talking about about Iceland products at just 89p and all the other bargains to be had there, too numerous to list .They'll be loving this thread . Job done .

This has the opposite effect on me, it just screams "cheap, processed rubbish"
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babybutch wrote: »
    You guys take life too seriously , it's just a bit of fun advertising .
    As if the big names advertising M & S clothes wear them daily ;-).Or Ant and Dec do a weekly shop at Morrisons :kitty:
    Iceland know what they are doing , look at everyone talking about about Iceland products at just 89p and all the other bargains to be had there, too numerous to list .They'll be loving this thread . Job done .

Absolutely! I take my hat off to the PR marketing guys who commissioned the Iceland ads. They have created a huge reaction so they filled their brief perfectly. Job done.;-):D
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Just out of interest, who would you put it in the advert in place of Peter?

Iceland seem to be aiming at the bottom end of the market, so how about Helen Flanagan?
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iceland seem to be aiming at the bottom end of the market, so how about Helen Flanagan?

:D You have gotta be male, lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aldi and Lidyl were considered at the "bottom end of the market" not so long ago and now the big 4 supermarkets are running scared of them. ;-)
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They annoy me on principle as they say: "That's why PETER goes to Iceland" yet when they were using female celebs it was always "that's why MUM'S go to Iceland". Why the special treatment for him? Why not "That's why Dad's go to Iceland" especially when he makes such a big thing about being a father? Or is it only the women who have to be categorised in this way? Just a bug bear of mine.

Unless of course they feel they have to remind people who he is? :D

*gets off soapbox*

Tissy wrote: »
    Crap adverts ! As for shopping at Iceland wonder if the same applies to Lorraine Kelly shopping at jd Williams or Ronnie Corbett having Wiltshire farm foods
    delivered?

Anyone see Len goodman with a trolley in farm foods or Ricky Tomlinson carrying bag loads of farm food onto a bus ;)

Hmm. I always believed that Kerry Katona would go to Iceland (I remember reading reports of delivery vans delivering her supplies, lol!). Stacey Solomon too at a push, more before she became 'famous'. Peter? No. Definitely more of a Waitrose man I would have thought!

Lorraine Kelly? She seems quite down to earth so perhaps she might keep a couple of their items among her more designer/high end High Street stuff?

Len Goodman? There's more chance of the Queen walking into Farm Foods :D But I always felt like Ricky Tomlinson wouldn't turn his nose up at it if necessary.

Ronnie Corbett? Not a chance! :D
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Aldi and Lidyl were considered at the "bottom end of the market" not so long ago and now the big 4 supermarkets are running scared of them. ;-)

Iceland are reported to be going more upmarket to take them on http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/new-iceland-brand---sells-7743774. Pete mentioned in an interview that he was taken to see one of their new flagship stores before he signed and was told that they particularly wanted to use him to advertise their frozen vegetables and fresh produce, something they're not well known for. Presumably the ads he's filmed which haven't yet been screened will move on to that. So if he's perceived as 'not a typical Iceland customer' that sounds exactly what they were aiming for.
  • Options
    Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had never been in an Iceland store until recently, and I was pleasantly surprised, particularly at how many brand names they stock, at better prices than the big supermarkets. I also think the free online delivery is a good thing. I hate the snobbery attached to food shopping. In today's climate people are looking for the best deals, and If Iceland can give them, who the heck cares who does their adverts.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Iceland are reported to be going more upmarket to take them on http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/new-iceland-brand---sells-7743774. Pete mentioned in an interview that he was taken to see one of their new flagship stores before he signed and was told that they particularly wanted to use him to advertise their frozen vegetables and fresh produce, something they're not well known for. Presumably the ads he's filmed which haven't yet been screened will move on to that. So if he's perceived as 'not a typical Iceland customer' that sounds exactly what they were aiming for.

Thanks for that, it actually makes sense now as he's going on about their 89p veggies and healthier looking stone baked pizzas isn't he? That's why he's sounding so surprised when he's walking around "hey! they do healthy stuff!!!" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am starting to doubt Mr Andre's credentials as a father if he is feeding his children processed-crap from Iceland...
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    I am starting to doubt Mr Andre's credentials as a father if he is feeding his children processed-crap from Iceland...

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, it actually makes sense now as he's going on about their 89p veggies and healthier looking stone baked pizzas isn't he? That's why he's sounding so surprised when he's walking around "hey! they do healthy stuff!!!" :D

Don't know where the sausage rolls, eclairs and ice creams fit in :blush: but I guess there's going to be a progression towards the healthy fresh stuff :D The new ad is on their website now - I missed it last night https://www.iceland.co.uk/thats-why-peter-andre-goes-to-iceland/watch-the-tv-ads/tv-ad-home-delivery/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iceland's own brand stuff is generally awful, especially the pizza's. However they are good value for some braded products and fresh meat.

Of course Peter doesn't go to Iceland, I doubt Len Goodman is always popping into Farmfoods either - but I bet Ronnie Corbett is always on the blower to Wiltshire Farm Foods asking where his sponge pudding and custard is :)
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    Crap adverts ! As for shopping at Iceland wonder if the same applies to Lorraine Kelly shopping at jd Williams or Ronnie Corbett having Wiltshire farm foods
    delivered?

Anyone see Len goodman with a trolley in farm foods or Ricky Tomlinson carrying bag loads of farm food onto a bus ;)

Many moons ago, in pre internet days, I used to live in Camden and regularly saw Alan Bennett shopping in Sainsburys, no truth in the rumour that I followed him round the store a couple of times in a stalker like fashion :blush: I

Never go to Iceland, and Mr Andre's adverts ensure I never will, if only for the slight possibility that he might actually be there, or even worse they play his 'music' in there :o:(:o
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many moons ago, in pre internet days, I used to live in Camden and regularly saw Alan Bennett shopping in Sainsburys, no truth in the rumour that I followed him round the store a couple of times in a stalker like fashion :blush: I

Never go to Iceland, and Mr Andre's adverts ensure I never will, if only for the slight possibility that he might actually be there, or even worse they play his 'music' in there :o:(:o

You mean you wont be present when he switches on the Iceland Christmas lights and puts his own special spin on While Christmas? :D
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I doubt Peter Andre shops in Iceland. I really can't see it.

Me neither, which is why the tagline, "That's why Peter goes to Iceland" is so ludicrous.

Awful advert featuring a bland, cheesy moron.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Waitrose a posh supermarket then? We don't have them in Ireland:(
    I guess M&S will have to do.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    And funny that I only see Iceland shops at cheap areas in towns!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »

Frozen veg can actually be more nutritious than fresh - at least it's picked and frozen within 24 hrs. God knows how many days fresh produce takes from picking to supermarket. Iceland frozen veg is great it has to be said. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    And funny that I only see Iceland shops at cheap areas in towns!

Same could be said for Aldi and Lidl (before they expanded).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is hilarious! I seriously hope some comments are tongue in cheek.

Won't shop somewhere because of the person who did the ad? Bad parent because your kids have fish fingers, chips and peas sometimes?
    Too funny .
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch the advert fully, but doesn't it show at one point women looking shocked and coy to bump in Peter in there? So they're still trying to show Peter Andre as fanciable? Ha.
    lotty27 wrote: »
    They annoy me on principle as they say: "That's why PETER goes to Iceland" yet when they were using female celebs it was always "that's why MUM'S go to Iceland". Why the special treatment for him? Why not "That's why Dad's go to Iceland" especially when he makes such a big thing about being a father? Or is it only the women who have to be categorised in this way? Just a bug bear of mine.

Unless of course they feel they have to remind people who he is? :D

*gets off soapbox*

I found this weird too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious! I seriously hope some comments are tongue in cheek.

Won't shop somewhere because of the person who did the ad? Bad parent because your kids have fish fingers, chips and peas sometimes?
    Too funny .

Aint it just ;-) I think some are failing to realise the ads are very tongue in cheek, not sure about some of the comments though....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Aint it just ;-) I think some are failing to realise the ads are very tongue in cheek, not sure about some of the comments though....

Am sure Peter has Jives the butler serving him his exclusive to Iceland Gregg's pasty on his best china.