http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6YLi0GNBTk&feature=player_embedded

Their best video by far!

They all look stunning in it aswell! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #652 on iTunes now.

They were on Fashion Police last night. :)
  • Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    #652 on iTunes now

Is that good??
  • Options
    musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why Brit acts only successful in the UK don't promote in Europe first then Australia before then going for the top dollar in the States.
    Momentum behind an act goes far and if you can see an act has been succesful worldwide then it must make a bigger impression as long as the song obviously is good enough as shown with One Direction.

It just seems like going 0 to 100 without everything inbetween. Surely being a hit across Europe first would bring in same sales or more than flopping/mediocre Stateside.

All acts who had success/ 1 top ten hits in the States. Spice Girls,Take That,Five,All Saints etc all had the momentum at least to say they were big across Europe,Australia,Asia etc which shows they have achieved outside the UK. What happens if someone asks how big they are in Europe? They haven't sustained huge success in the UK.

If they do well then that's great and would be a rare feat for a Brit act to do better in the States than at home but i don't see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that good??

Considering they have almost zero airplay right now and the fact they've only been on TV twice (no performances of the song) it's pretty good. It was at #1024 last night so it's climbed quite alot.

They have Jay Leno and The Today Show this week, plus a radio tour. Songs usually take months to climb the iTunes charts so it may not be for another few weeks that they even break the top 100 (if they do at all).

They're #497 on Canada's iTunes.

(they also have their documentary next week and some other chat show, and they've just released the music video too)

Oh, and they're performing at the Grand National in April.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparantly the new album will be called "The Chase" and will be coming out this Spring.
    Lead single for the UK will be "What About Us".
    Sigh.....they just never learn, I bet every song except for that one will have made a better lead single than this.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see they're having some sort of impact!
  • Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't mean to sound patronising before, I do like the Sats and I'm not sure how the US charts work like how long does it take to make an impact etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I hate how their music has become so generic dance though.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Didn't mean to sound patronising before, I do like the Sats and I'm not sure how the US charts work like how long does it take to make an impact etc.

It takes 2/3 months for songs to take off if artists are just starting
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Does anyone here get the mailer? In this week's it said that the version of What About Us UK fans are getting is the one with Sean Paul. Big mistake if that's the case :( I want the Saturdays-only version.

Here's what they put in the mailer about it:
    Team Sats UK! A new version featuring Sean Paul is coming soon for YOU, so stay tuned for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've passed 1 million views of the video already and are at #568 on the US iTunes after not even being top 1500 this time last week.

Don't forget they're on Jay Leno tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They've passed 1 million views of the video already and are at #568 on the US iTunes after not even being top 1500 this time last week.

Don't forget they're on Jay Leno tomorrow night.

Wonder are the 1 million views from Americans alone or is that everyone (including UK fans?) I won't be able to watch the Jay Leno show. CNBC doesn't show it any more :( Is there any channel that does?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder are the 1 million views from Americans alone or is that everyone (including UK fans?) I won't be able to watch the Jay Leno show. CNBC doesn't show it any more :( Is there any channel that does?

I think it's worldwide because there's people from tons of different countries commenting on it.

And no idea. I'm sure it'll be on YouTube or something the next day. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's worldwide because there's people from tons of different countries commenting on it.

And no idea. I'm sure it'll be on YouTube or something the next day. :)

:cool: It'll probably be on Youtube. Come to think of it I haven't seen Leno anywhere on TV. I know TV3/3e here in Ireland show Conan O'Brien but no idea what happened to Leno since CNBC pulled it for Jimmy Fallon. Those shows didn't really belong on CNBC anyway and I think they were just used to fill the hours between the US stock market close and the Asian market open as not much is happening in the business world during those hours. (I know, I'm a bit of a CNBC/stock market nerd :o:D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the top comment on the YouTube video page for "thumbs up if you want them on the Ellen Show" and now it's dissapeared. :confused:
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I had the top comment on the YouTube video page for "thumbs up if you want them on the Ellen Show" and now it's dissapeared. :confused:

It's there for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.directlyrics.com/watch-the-saturdays-perform-on-jay-leno-news.html

Performed on Jay Leno last night.

Up to #183 on US iTunes now.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good performance, some nice harmonizing going on there.
    Vanessa seemed to be struggling a bit though tbh.
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was pretty unpolished... :o Not bad, but not great... Glad the single is climbing up at least. :) I really don't like parts of the choreography either. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Una sounded awful in that performance, and I didn't like Rochelle's melody change plus Vanessa was quite weak with her ad-libs. I guess they were nervous but they looked great and it wasn't awful, just a bit of a let down.

#165 on US iTunes
    #104 on Canada iTunes

They're heading back to the UK soon. :confused: And Rochelle said she won't be able to fly back to the US after that 'cos of her pregnancy. They better not stop their promo. :eek:
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Una sounded awful in that performance, and I didn't like Rochelle's melody change plus Vanessa was quite weak with her ad-libs. I guess they were nervous but they looked great and it wasn't awful, just a bit of a let down.

#165 on US iTunes
    #104 on Canada iTunes

They're heading back to the UK soon. :confused: And Rochelle said she won't be able to fly back to the US after that 'cos of her pregnancy. They better not stop their promo. :eek:

There lies the problem with so many bands. You usually need to promote for months to do well over there. You can't just spend a few weeks there and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're on the Today Show tomorrow, have a radio tour on Thursday and are coming back to the UK on Friday.

Jeez. They're going to completely kill their momentum if they leave the US on Friday. :confused: What happens if radio don't pick it up? They need to promote!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will be back in America (maybe Spring time?). They will just not promote for like 2 weeks and come back to the UK.

I think we will see them performing as 4some to months to come. (Which I find wierd because Rochelle mainly takes lead with the verses on the song? Am I wrong?)
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're on the Today Show tomorrow, have a radio tour on Thursday and are coming back to the UK on Friday.

Jeez. They're going to completely kill their momentum if they leave the US on Friday. :confused: What happens if radio don't pick it up? They need to promote!!

What part of The Today Show are they on? If it's the third or forth hour not that many people watch it. I agree with your main point though. They should have stayed in the US at least until March when the UK single is released. With Rochelle being pregnant if they go back in April they will have to go as a four piece.