Closing Ceremony Anyone going?

tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If so where are you sitting

me and mum are going but have seperate seats so i am not sire whether to take the block 218 (back of flame) or block 248 :o

also wondering what will happen in the ceremony

and who will be performing apart from coldplay

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going, row 74 block 235, so pretty much right at the back :D
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I'm going, row 74 block 235, so pretty much right at the back :D

will be fab no matter where in the stadium you are :D

this is my first ceremony nad last that i am able to go to

going to be a emotional wreck on sunday night and monday morning when everything is over :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will be fab no matter where in the stadium you are :D

this is my first ceremony nad last that i am able to go to

going to be a emotional wreck on sunday night and monday morning when everything is over :(:cry:

monday will be great because of the parade, whether your there in person or not, i'm thinking it will really hit me when thats over.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it will do :cry:
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be there, in a category C seat in row 46, block 216.

Being there at the very end of London 2012 will complete the circle for me as I was there at the very start to see the Olympics opening ceremony as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading an article about Rhiannon collaborating with Coldplay as part of the ceremony, and came across this:

The closing ceremony has been named the Festival of Flame and will draw on the themes of earth, wind, water, fire and ice.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/music/2012/09/03/rihanna-to-join-coldplay-at-paralympics-closing-ceremony
  • doogie1970doogie1970 Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be there (in the £50 seats - block 242 row 70).

I've heard the Mutoid Waste Company, who do a lot of the freaky after-hours stuff at Glastonbury, will be involved. This would fit with the Festival of Flame theme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Just reading an article about Rhiannon collaborating with Coldplay as part of the ceremony, and came across this:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/music/2012/09/03/rihanna-to-join-coldplay-at-paralympics-closing-ceremony

wow wonder how many tracks they will do

and if they are the only group set to perform
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I posted on the 'Tickets' thread, but will add here as well, I've got four Category C tickets (£100) for sale. Face value. PM if interested.
    I'm going, and very excited even though we don't know many details yet.
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    I'll be there, in a category C seat in row 46, block 216.

Being there at the very end of London 2012 will complete the circle for me as I was there at the very start to see the Olympics opening ceremony as well.

Did you do the para opening ceremony? I attended both ceremonies at the Olympics and the para opening ceremony but not going on Sunday ( although will be in the park earlier for the wheelchair rugby final)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted on the 'Tickets' thread, but will add here as well, I've got four Category C tickets (£100) for sale. Face value. PM if interested.
    I'm going, and very excited even though we don't know many details yet.

How come your going but selling tickets?
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be there

Not sure where my seats are but not worried about it, every other seat I've had in there has had a fantastic view, even the opening ceremony one where I was slightly behind the tree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can't really go wrong with a seat in there

the atmosphere will just be amazing no matter where you are :)
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you do the para opening ceremony? I attended both ceremonies at the Olympics and the para opening ceremony but not going on Sunday ( although will be in the park earlier for the wheelchair rugby final)

Nope, I didn't go for it as I considered that I'd already been to one opening ceremony and just tried to get a ticket for the closing instead.
  • Posh BlokePosh Bloke Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Jay-Z and Rihanna supposed to be performing along with Coldplay. Makes sense as both artists have performed with them before.
    Very pleased to have tickets for this. Now they just need to add Stevie Wonder to the performers and I'll be a very happy chap :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder if anyone welsoe will perform or whether it will be restricted to coldplay rihanna and jay z
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Posh Bloke wrote: »
    Jay-Z and Rihanna supposed to be performing along with Coldplay. Makes sense as both artists have performed with them before.
    Very pleased to have tickets for this. Now they just need to add Stevie Wonder to the performers and I'll be a very happy chap :-)
    With Rihanna, Coldplay and Jay-Z that would end up being rather embarrassing for the Olympics, those 3 artists alone would make it a more relevant and high profile musical line up than the Olympic closing ceremony headlined by the Spice Girls, One Direction and the Who
  • alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, if it's anything like the oylmpics closing ceremony it'll be boring as hell.
  • ThisGenerationThisGeneration Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    no, if it's anything like the oylmpics closing ceremony it'll be boring as hell.

The artistic director for the Paralympic closing ceremony is Kim Gavin - the man behind the Olympic closing ceremony, so make of that what you will.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares, the fireworks will be AWESOME :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Got tickets. Cat C. Coldplay, Rihanna, and Jay Z, and going to be awesome and far far better than the Olympics closing ceremony
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Who cares, the fireworks will be AWESOME :D

agreed

if i can see them through my tears :o:cry::D
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, Block 137 (got moved from block 154, so if any of the decent stuff ends up being near 154 I'll be mad!)
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posh Bloke wrote: »

I hope security keep One Direction away from the stadium this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they have actually got a really strong line up of acts for the closing ceremony. Whatever your thoughts on Coldplay musically (nd they are VERY diviseive) it's a huge coup for them to get them for the closing ceremony.

I notice that there are no longer any tickets on sale for this, so it looks like it's sold out.

Jason100 wrote: »
    I hope security keep One Direction away from the stadium this time.

They played that song from the opening ceremony at the basketball this evening, i thought my brains would bleed out of my ears by the end....:cry: