The Big Bang Theory - Season 6 - E4 - 15th Nov - 8pm (UK Pace)

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that the latest episode was the best yet in this series (or should I be saying 'season'?) but still not as good as it used to be. The part which cracked me up (shame that there was only one!) was Leonard saying that if 'Where's Waldo?' was meant to be easy then it'd be called 'There's Waldo!'. I can imagine that it wasn't an original joke though.
  • lijanelijane Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    go and check it.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it - 3 & 4 have been a lot better than 1 & 2. I loved Penny pinning Sheldon to the floor. I think it was the way they just cut right to it and Sheldon was lying on the floor squealing. :D

I can imagine that was quite a fun episode to film!
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    That was a much better episode (apart from the now annoying Bernadette).
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a much better episode (apart from the now annoying Bernadette).
    She is getting really annoying. Maybe she will die of the flu ;)
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you notice Kaley's look to camera just before the pie eating contest? Just a little glance, right through the fourth wall, as if to say 'I can't believe I'm gonna do this...'

I'm glad the US posters have indicated that this series improves, as at the moment it seems to be trying to be Friends (last night reminded me of when the girls and the boys had various contests to win each others apartments). TBBT shouldn't be copying Friends; it has a far more original premise which so far this season seems to be missing. Now Howard's back perhaps we can get the gang back together a bit more.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night's story was entirely about Howard/Bernadette, and only mildly amusing in parts. The rest of it - the competitions - was just lazily written filler.

I used to be the biggest fan of this show. From series four it started to decline, and now it's painful to watch.

This episode is the first of the numbers four to nine which an earlier poster promised us were "brilliant".

So far...............not seeing it.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Did you notice Kaley's look to camera just before the pie eating contest? Just a little glance, right through the fourth wall, as if to say 'I can't believe I'm gonna do this...'

I'm glad the US posters have indicated that this series improves, as at the moment it seems to be trying to be Friends (last night reminded me of when the girls and the boys had various contests to win each others apartments). TBBT shouldn't be copying Friends; it has a far more original premise which so far this season seems to be missing. Now Howard's back perhaps we can get the gang back together a bit more.

Yeah I thought of Friends when all that game stuff was going on too. Sheldon seemed a bit out of character. It felt like they were throwing random clever sounding sayings for the sake of it. And as if they'd just all ignore Howard like that.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I really am finding it a slog to watch these days. I'm really watching out of loyalty, but am not enjoying it in the slightest. I can barely remember what happened in the episodes.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Line of the ep surely has to go to Raj's "we fill each others holes" :D

You could see they were going along those lines but I wasn't expecting that!
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another poor episode.

Leonard and Penny just don't spark off each other in any way whatsoever. You could have replaced Amy and Leonard with any other actor and it wouldn't have made any difference.

My viewership of this show is hanging by thread. And this is from someone who has got the first four seasons on boxset.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    This week's episode was an improvement I thought.

First time I've genuinely laughed at the show for quite a while.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this week's episode!:D
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Another poor episode.

Leonard and Penny just don't spark off each other in any way whatsoever. You could have replaced Amy and Leonard with any other actor and it wouldn't have made any difference.

My viewership of this show is hanging by thread. And this is from someone who has got the first four seasons on boxset.

Leonard and Penny worked much better when Cuoco and Galecki were dating. I guess that's natural though
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    Did anyone else watch thursdays rerun today on e4? The scene where Sheldon was interviewing the new assistant. Did they cut a reference to dope smoking?
    No it was there.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Another poor episode.

Leonard and Penny just don't spark off each other in any way whatsoever.

Did they ever? As the 2 untrained 'actors' in the cast their limitations (the sneering Galecki in particular) have always stood out. Case in point - The Maternal Capacitance (s02 ep15) - note the stark contrast between the outstanding performances in the scene with Christine Baranski (Leonard's mother) and Parsons when they return to Sheldon's flat, and the lame snorefest when the show keeps on cutting to Leonard and Penny next door. And It doesn't help that the programme makers keep on resurrecting their on/off relationship when they're short of ideas (are they on or off this week?).
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Bernardette's bit as well as Amy and Penny vs. Sheldon and Leonard especially the pie eating :)
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    Line of the ep surely has to go to Raj's "we fill each others holes" :D

You could see they were going along those lines but I wasn't expecting that!

Line of the series :D

I couldn't stop laughing, it sounds so out of place it's hilarious, and Stuart's reaction afterwards: "That sounds a little funny to an American ear" :D:D
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Line of the series :D

I couldn't stop laughing, it sounds so out of place it's hilarious, and Stuart's reaction afterwards: "That sounds a little funny to an American ear" :D:D

It may well be the line of the series, but that just shows the level to which this once great show has sunk.

Perhaps it's just me. :yawn:
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    culttvfan wrote: »
    Did they ever? As the 2 untrained 'actors' in the cast their limitations (the sneering Galecki in particular) have always stood out. Case in point - The Maternal Capacitance (s02 ep15) - note the stark contrast between the outstanding performances in the scene with Christine Baranski (Leonard's mother) and Parsons when they return to Sheldon's flat, and the lame snorefest when the show keeps on cutting to Leonard and Penny next door. And It doesn't help that the programme makers keep on resurrecting their on/off relationship when they're short of ideas (are they on or off this week?).

I don't mind the on-off story lines too much but Galecki is by far the weakest link in the show in terms of his acting (I can forgive Cuoco's limitations because of her hotness). When ever I've seem him interviewed he doesn't come across as a very nice person either.

It's a shame they couldn't get Baranski more often. She owned every scene she was in.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Very strong episode this week and a great cameo by Buzz Aldrin.
  • bridgerrbridgerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Personally I prefer the earlier seasons edited by E4, when you take the 'potty talk' and innuendo out of the equasion the series has a lot going for it. Sex jokes and racial jibes are what ruin it for me personally.

As of the new series the cheap sci-fi effects could have been done without, TBBT was great up to the middle part of series 3 but then after Priya came along it just began to sink more rapidly than the Titanic.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bridgerr wrote: »
    Personally I prefer the earlier seasons edited by E4, when you take the 'potty talk' and innuendo out of the equasion the series has a lot going for it. Sex jokes and racial jibes are what ruin it for me personally.

I've never watched it on E4 but I would have guessed that if they took out the "the 'potty talk' and innuendo" each episode would be no longer than 10 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funnily enough, Galecki has by far the most acting experience of any of the original cast. I always thought it was the character that was the problem, not his acting. He's the straight man in the show with his character's awkwardness, I'm not sure there's any room to shine. That said, he was a child actor and it's not uncommon for them not to progress as actors much.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I still love it and it's the funniest prog on TV.
    Those of you threatening to stop watching then do so an leave the rest of us happy.