Richard lll : The King in the Carpark C4 Monday

Comments

• VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The loser of the 1982 league darts match, pi$$ed up on white lightning and too many JPS got run over by a De Lorean

Those darts competitions could be quite aggressive at times. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not to mention those who cannot distinguish between someone being stabbed in the buttock and being stabbed up the arse

Arsenic?
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ff999 wrote: »
    He looks like the short prince in Shrek.

I always thought that Lord Farquad was based on Richard III.

edited; sorry, should have read the whole thread:o
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent the best part of this morning trying to find Ian mackellens film version of the play.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You were lucky all I got at primary school was World War 2 and Secondary it was the Vikings.

I remember doing the industrial revolution, 1066 and the Domesday book, the Magna Carta, the Tudors and Stuarts, and the World Wars. I'm sure there was more but I can't remember. I found history quite boring, I'm much more interested in it nowadays. Sign of age I suppose. Or bad teaching!
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »
    Tony Blair.

Ouch......:D
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Arsenic?

Or Arse nicked.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm I the only one waiting for newsnights report?
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the sublime of this morning press briefing to the somewhat ridiculous documentary this evening.

I am so disappointed with the actual documentary given this morning's press conference. I was expecting a real, serious archaeological and historical investigation, including the use of medical science to help with data profiling etc. Instead it turned into some weird dramatic reconstruction.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tune in now to Dr David Satrkeys Tudors and Stuarts part of the monarchy series.

For a more in depth programme on more 4.:)
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember doing the industrial revolution, 1066 and the Domesday book, the Magna Carta, the Tudors and Stuarts, and the World Wars. I'm sure there was more but I can't remember. I found history quite boring, I'm much more interested in it nowadays. Sign of age I suppose. Or bad teaching!

I think because when I got to Secondary and it was about the Vikings I got bored of History so use to truant that lesson. If it was local history then I would have been interested in it. Like I have found out much stuff about my local town and how it came about etc.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, I can understand her reaction to what was unfolding in front of her throughout the discovery process. Most archaeological finds are made serendipitously, so to actually find something as historically important as this through careful research is pretty momentous. I wouldn't be surprised if many archaeologists found her initial proposition of excavating in the car park as utterly ridiculous.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tune in now to Dr David Satrkeys Tudors and Stuarts part of the monarchy series.

For a more in depth programme on more 4.:)

If somewhat biased ;)
    To be fair, I can understand her reaction to what was unfolding in front of her throughout the discovery process. Most archaeological finds are made serendipitously, so to actually find something as historically important as this through careful research is pretty momentous. I wouldn't be surprised if many archaeologists found her initial proposition of excavating in the car park as utterly ridiculous.

I agree, and with some better editing, it could have been a superb documentary with that element of human interest. Sadly that's not what they did with it.
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard lll was a Catholic King is he going to be reburied with Protestant (church of england ) rites and prayers in a Protestant church
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps this will now awaken interest in Richard III and more serious documentaries might follow for those who didn't like this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm numb after watching that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lunar 1 wrote: »
    i'm numb after watching that

You wil be next week as channel 4 show at 9 the garbage that will be"my big fat gypsy valentine";)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jj2 wrote: »
    Richard lll was a Catholic King is he going to be reburied with a Protestant (church of england ) rites and prayers in a Protestant church

He`s dead love...don`t think he`ll object do you? Anyways, don`t they all worship the same god?
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You wil be next week as channel 4 show at 9 the garbage that will be"my big fat gypsy valentine";)

normal service resumes.
  • macavity77macavity77 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    So, he was the only monarch to be stabbed up the arse?

No he wasn't. Poor old Edward II was supposed to have suffered something similar only it wasn't a dagger. We are led to believe from history that he probably was a friend of Dorothy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps this will now awaken interest in Richard III and more serious documentaries might follow for those who didn't like this one.

indeed there is one on more 4 now with Dr David Starkey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

hahahahahahahaha i can't wait :eek:
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

probably edited by the same team
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    probably edited by the same team

That`s cruel........but probably correct:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know nothing about richard and watched the programe by accident, and honestly the whole thing looked completely fake, by the end i was thinking maybe the mad woman had him all along and staged the whole thing