X Factor Season 10: The Official Bootcamp Spoiler Page!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Ah, so each category was separated? Did they perform in their groups in front of their mentor, or the entire panel? It seems a bit confusing really as to why they've been told their category now if they're not doing the original bootcamp format. Will each mentor whittle down their category, or will the judges collectively choose the contestants to progress to judges homes? Sounds a bit strange.

From what Anthony told me, and bear in mind this was about at 4 o clock this morning! He was placed in a group of 3 with other members of his category - they sang in front of all the judges and to an empty Wembley arena which Ant said was really really forbidding. They each took a section of a song given to them by the judges - Sharon then made the decision on who stayed and who went
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what Anthony told me, and bear in mind this was about at 4 o clock this morning! He was placed in a group of 3 with other members of his category - they sang in front of all the judges and to an empty Wembley arena which Ant said was really really forbidding. They each took a section of a song given to them by the judges - Sharon then made the decision on who stayed and who went

Alright, thanks for that :D If the other judges don't have a say over who goes through, then I don't see the point in them even watching the performance. Sharon should've had some guests to help her... seems a bit pointless, but oh well, we'll see how it comes across on tv haha
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Alright, thanks for that :D If the other judges don't have a say over who goes through, then I don't see the point in them even watching the performance. Sharon should've had some guests to help her... seems a bit pointless, but oh well, we'll see how it comes across on tv haha

Ant said that Sharon was speaking a lot to gary through performances and when giving her verdict was checking a lot with him - he said they were all taking it very very seriously, one good thing from a viewers perspective is that he said he was happy that all the overs were very talented and he didn't go out to a "joke" act, all the returning contestants have said that this bootcamp is nothing like they had ever experienced in a good way, Anthony got loads from the workshops etc- so I have high hopes for the series
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Ohh, so sorry to hear that your friend didn't make it any further :( as you say, it's only the end of the beginning, I'm sure :D

So were the workshops like songwriting etc? It seems to me a bit silly how the judges knew their categories but they were all together - did your friend think it worked well? And when the judges made their decisions, was that after, or in the moment?
  • mgiudamgiuda Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully we will get spoilers tonight/tomorrow after the live audience performances.
    Forum Member
    Grof_Griff wrote: »
    Ohh, so sorry to hear that your friend didn't make it any further :( as you say, it's only the end of the beginning, I'm sure :D

So were the workshops like songwriting etc? It seems to me a bit silly how the judges knew their categories but they were all together - did your friend think it worked well? And when the judges made their decisions, was that after, or in the moment?

As far as I know, and we were basically talking about it from London to Manchester through the night. The decision was made after they had all sung, but don't quote me on that. But we both felt that the song choices were quite limiting and perhaps certain types of singers, if you know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    meant suited certain types of singers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    What happens at BootCamp recordings? I have tickets for tomorrow morning's session but I have never been. They say doors open at 9, what time should I get there for? Do we get a break in between for food/drinks? Thanks for your help guys. I'll be sure to post any spoilers here if you want/.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I waz at the audituons on Thursday before bootcamp and there were some strong singers through.

My best friend has someone very close to them who is through and STILL (excited!!!) in the show. They are in the overs with Sharon as judge. Information is limited but the overs are really strong.

A girl named Shelley is quite powerful and another girl who had a standing ovation in the earlier rounds. There is also a red headed girl in overs who is supposed to be amazing. Think she sang a rock song and nearly ended up in Louis lap.

I cant say anything about my friend but i have every finger and toe crossed!!!

Its showtime very soon i think the boys are doing their stuff now and then soon its the overs!! :eek:

I cant wait :D:D:D:D:D

Keep posting stuff guys!! Goona be amazing this yewar.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    can you not just tell us some of the songs that were sang for the group performances?
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be giving you all a stunning review tomorrow night. :p
    Forum Member
    I may be wrong and i am not sure if im supposed to say anyting but i think one of the songs was whitneys im every woman. Cant remember any of the others. Was so excited sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be giving you all a stunning review tomorrow night. :p

Thank you Carlisle we will love you forever for this. :D;)
    Forum Member
    Cool... Yes I know what you mean@whererudannii , shame they did that.

Are the girls strong this year?
  • WeekendDudeWeekendDude Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I waz at the audituons on Thursday before bootcamp and there were some strong singers through.

My best friend has someone very close to them who is through and STILL (excited!!!) in the show. They are in the overs with Sharon as judge. Information is limited but the overs are really strong.

A girl named Shelley is quite powerful and another girl who had a standing ovation in the earlier rounds. There is also a red headed girl in overs who is supposed to be amazing. Think she sang a rock song and nearly ended up in Louis lap.

I cant say anything about my friend but i have every finger and toe crossed!!!

Its showtime very soon i think the boys are doing their stuff now and then soon its the overs!! :eek:

I cant wait :D:D:D:D:D

Keep posting stuff guys!! Goona be amazing this yewar.

Did u see or hear the Irish girl called Joleen, black hair?
    Forum Member
    Girls are a big threat this year in the overs im sorry but the older guys have a big uphill battle. Anyone have news on the groups.? I saw some brilliant acts the other week and think we may even have a winnwer in the groups this time.:p
    Forum Member
    There was an irish girl yes she was great i remember she said she was through to the bootcamp because we were out late that night home and she was in the street heading home really late.
  • WeekendDudeWeekendDude Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    There was an irish girl yes she was great i remember she said she was through to the bootcamp because we were out late that night home and she was in the street heading home really late.

Oh so she is still in now?
    Forum Member
    Have not heard about her since Thursday auditions. If its teh same girl she was out real late that night and definitely got to bootcamp. Dont ask me what she sang lol i cant remember anyones songs but omg there was some great singers so gonna be so good this year.

My friend has not mentioned her but he said the girls are fantastic in overs so i hope she is in for you :D
    Forum Member
    So the girls in the overs are good but the Girls category isn't as strong as others?
    Forum Member
    Only know about the overs and its real good this year. Younger girls im not sure of sorry.

Anyone know of the boys yet?
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a pictures of the contestants arriving at Bootcamp :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2388701/X-Factor-hopefuls-arrive-second-day-boot-camp-hope-UKs-biggest-act.html

I know one of the girls and Im not sure if she has been mentioned before. The Black Girl with the guitar is Sadia McEwen. She is like a tracy chapman/Lauryn Hill type of singer.

Here is a few of her covers/songs

Stand by Me Cover
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQpmMuTDQU

Original
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIjzfRspL7Q

*Serena Soya is also in the opposite picture beside Melanie McCabe
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's another girl who's gonna be at bootcamp - Lydia Lucy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MsLydiaLucy/videos
    Forum Member
    The choice of songs was im every woman by chaka khan or I knew you were waiting by George Michael and Aretha franklin - neither really suiting an indie type like my mate. One of the overs really did smash it though with their take on it apparently and I expect big things from this person, and I nearly met him as well, as my mate and him became best buds durng bootcamp and I have a thing for this person, but the bloody roadworks on m6 scuppered this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But overs this year I think is the category to watch
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a pictures of the contestants arriving at Bootcamp :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2388701/X-Factor-hopefuls-arrive-second-day-boot-camp-hope-UKs-biggest-act.html

I know one of the girls and Im not sure if she has been mentioned before. The Black Girl with the guitar is Sadia McEwen. She is like a tracy chapman/Lauryn Hill type of singer.

Here is a few of her covers/songs

Stand by Me Cover
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQpmMuTDQU

Original
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIjzfRspL7Q

*Serena Soya is also in the opposite picture beside Melanie McCabe

Seems Serena has been knocked out - check her emotional twitter statuses from today. Here's one of them:
    9h
    I've never been one to give up, so why would i give up now? xx

Oh and without doubt - Sadia is my favourite girl that I've seen so far!