Options

what do you do with a problem like Jennifer Aniston

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
Forum Member
✭✭
Had it all in the 90's

Turned 45, not married, no kids, can't keep a man :confused:

I know she smokes a lot and probably smells like Kate Moss but seriously, she must have a problem?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having kids isn't everything, and neither is keeping a man. Rather Victorian thinking there.

I don't like Jennifer's movies for the most part but she's a highly bankable Hollywood star. You talk like she's some in the gutter low life.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is rather curious how all the showbiz magazines paint this multi millionaire actress as a tragic figure because Brad Pitt left her and she doesn't have kids. Neither does Helen Mirren and she seems fine about it.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    UKNikey wrote: »
    Had it all in the 90's

?

So what? Since when any of this things guarantees happiness?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a positive note

She's made a career out of playing herself.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not everyone wants kids. Better that she has been true to herself if she really did not want to, rather than popping half a dozen out because society 'expects' it and the kids ending up in the care of nannies.

Having a child isn't just another item to tick off the list; unfortunately a lot of folk appear to view it as such these days.

Nothing has any guarantees. She did get married, but it didn't work out - as happens to a lot of 'ordinary' people.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a positive note

She's got some overpaid spinster roles lined up then?
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    I'm not married (don't believe in it)

I don't have kids (don't want them)

Can't keep a man- dont even have one. (don't want one)

Incredibly sad that in today's society this makes me some kind of failure instead of a woman who's confident in the choices she's made.
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one says George Clooney can't keep a woman.

What is this the 1950s?
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a positive note

Hmmm, talk about dodging bullet posts #2 and #4.:cool:

Again, the question is put to you: since when did happiness equate to being married, having kids and being under 45? Helen Mirren managed just fine.:)
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Incredibly sad that in today's society this makes me some kind of failure instead of a woman who's confident in the choices she's made.

Love this post!

Jennifer's not much cop as an actress.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    I know what I'd like to do with her.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wish there was a like facility for posts like this.

Aniston got married and her husband did the dirt on her, yet she's the one that's the problem? Brad has his brood now to keep him occupied. Jennifer, pretty smartly, didn't jump into a pregnancy just to keep her man. She's independently wealthy, has a career that's spanned over 20 years at this stage and still looks fantastic.

But she's a problem and/or a failure because she "can't keep a man" and hasn't spawned!:confused: (rolleyes)

Did the OP travel in the TARDIS from the 1950's?
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I know what I'd like to do with her.

....:D

I honestly don't think there is a problem with Jen, her only problem is the pesky media who seem so desperate to repeat the same old, same old. They seem to have lost interest with Brange right now and the wedding that never was/will be.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cleo petra wrote: »
    No one says George Clooney can't keep a woman
    There's me imagining three women a week and I couldn't keep a single one of them. I think that kind of tragedy would kill me. I think I'll collect Tiger Tokens instead. They never let you down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cleo petra wrote: »
    No one says George Clooney can't keep a woman.

What is this the 1950s?

It's maddening, isn't it? Sexism at its "finest", ugh... >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had it all in the 90's

I know she smokes a lot and probably smells like Kate Moss but seriously, she must have a problem?

What a nasty post.

Reasons to hate Digital Spy, number 96
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    She's a millionaire!

Personally I don't want kids and I'm indifferent to marriage. Having children isn't the marker of success. It's not like you have kids and then BAM! you're finally successful. Ditto with marriage, it's rather old fashioned to call someone things because they don't want to/have chosen not to breed. How dare she have a career!

As someone else said George Clooney is 50 something and single...is he a failure or is it okay because he's a man and a woman needs to drop 12 kids and stay in the kitchen?
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    What a nasty post.

Reasons to hate Digital Spy, number 96

Only 96? My, you have a long way to go:D;-)
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Love this post!

Jennifer's not much cop as an actress.

Maybe not, but she's earned enough out of it.
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had it all in the 90's

The Victorian era is calling. They'd like you back.

Seriously.

Jen has her health, she has money, she has loyal, long-time friends (which comes about because by all accounts, she is a genuinely nice person - another tick) and she has a career.

What does she need a man for - to validate herself? Why? You validate yourself by being the best you that you can be. it doesn't need another person to do that.

Why does she need to have children? There are far too many people in this world already using its limited resources and killing the planet. I say good on her for not succumbing to the pressures that certain paople place on women - looking at us as 'baby-making' machines and not actual people with other needs and other choices.

I have never married, never had children (didn't want either) and now, according to the OP, along with Jen, I am some kind of failure because of it? Not!

Seriously, grow up or start living in the 21st century instead of the 19th!
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Had it all in the 90's

How dare a woman get to her 40's and not be married with a load of kids eh?

This kind of view makes an awful lot of assumption. and is a pretty embarrassing one to have in this day and age.

On the positive side some of the responses here (this is in showbiz right?) have been something of a pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Never liked her. Even in Friends. I put her in the same boat as Reese Witherspoon & Julia Roberts: plays to her fans that she is this everygirl, Americas Sweetheart... just like they are. Only *shucks* she got lucky and is a star. Ugh.

I will give her credit where credit is due though. She herself has NEVER milked the Brad/Angie thing. Always done by her PR or someone else. Very smart.
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Had it all in the 90's

I'm in my 40s and don't have kids. Didn't realise that I was now one of life's failures. :(

Seriously, was a rude, patronising and insulting post. Are you not embarrassed to have posted something like that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Im assuming the being single with no kids has made her life happy
    Im also assuming the OP is an 80 yr old male
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    not all women want kids & not all women can have kids. I know she has been trying in the past maybe she has fertility issues & wants to keep it private or maybe she just doesn't want them. no harm in that , she shouldn't have to justify that being her choice.

plus I have fertility issues , I could be in her position at 45 , I already feel like a failure not being able to conceive so Its nice some others feel your not a success without kids. I will be married though so I can't comment on that but again she has been married , brad cheating was hardly her fault. She might get married in the future there's plenty of time & hell she doesn't have to. Not all couples choose to marry.

good call in an above post as well , its different when its a man such as George Clooney. Fine for him isn't it. Anyway she is famous , looks great , has a long spanning career & is loaded. I hardly call that a total failure. I also want to add good on the woman on here , no one should be made to feel rubbish because they don't want to be a carbon copy of what's 'normal'. me I want a wedding , kids & a picket fence but I fully get why for others they want something different.