Options

Ian/Peter are Lucy's killer you can bank on that

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Ian/Peter are Lucy's killer you can bank on that! I just have this gut feeling its one or both of them DTC is gonna shock us and they are the killers. Remember DTC said in that interview recently when planning the killer with his team that it would make sense to the viewers. Next year in February I will bump this thread and be proved right

Comments

• Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter yes, Ian... no, it would mean he would be ruined as a long running character who'd eventually have to leave.

Plus she was his golden child aka Cindy clone, he's grass Peter up imo.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    My money's been on Peter since it started, but I think Raine and probably Jane have something to do with it too.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next year in February I will bump this thread and be proved right

Will you bump the other 1679 threads that have been saying the exact same thing since the storyline was announced in 2013?
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Well it's not going to be much of s shock now OP as you've just told us :(

To be honest I think the least shocking reveal would be Ian or Peter as they've been bandied about as suspects possibly the most of anyone.
  • Options
    solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The obvious shocks would be Jane, Christian, Dot or Tamwar. I still think Danny ( who was played by Gary Lucy) was involved in Lucy Beale's death somehow.
  • Options
    KNs47KNs47 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Jugding by the soundings they are making that it's going to send shockwaves, then it's has to be Ian or Peter. Also, by what was said in the recent interview and the murderer being changed near the beginning of the story development then I going for Ian initially but they lost their bottle and then plumped for Peter.
  • Options
    swanseacragswanseacrag Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Peter killed her during a huge row in temper, and it was either ian or jane that helped peter mover her body to the common. The next day peter spends the day with lauren, and makes sure that he is in the pub when ian delivers the news, and thats the reason why peter gave off an enourmous scream to cover his actions
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter killed her during a huge row in temper, and it was either ian or jane that helped peter mover her body to the common. The next day peter spends the day with lauren, and makes sure that he is in the pub when ian delivers the news, and thats the reason why peter gave off an enourmous scream to cover his actions

Totally agree everything adds up there
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I don't think Ian was ever on the cards as he is too weak and pathetic character that they'd never be able to tell the story truthfully.

I think Peter may have been the original choice but I'm not sure they'd go there. His desperation for the truth etc...would make things so planned and premeditated, it just doesn't feel right. The only way it would make sense is if Lucy was alive and talking when he left her, then collapsed and his desperation more hope it wasn't him.

For it to be emotional, it does need to be someone close to the family. And I'm going to point blank rule out Lauren as she'd be back on the booze if her and wouldn't be so desperate for the killer to be found. so to fit with emotional, you have Peter, Denise, Jane, Cindy, Ben. Anyone else? But again, who is capable of covering up, has form/ off screen or such a mess grief could hide it?
  • Options
    teendudeteendude Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    I still think Billy...

Very long running character and ties to the Beales,

I'd also be surprised if it's Peter now, as it turns too dark if he's been acting so desperate for the truth etc. Makes it too planned.

UNLESS it is a combination of people or isn't actually murder and more of an accident. Peter might have set of a chain of events that led to her death.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I think Peter may have been the original choice but I'm not sure they'd go there. His desperation for the truth etc...would make things so planned and premeditated, it just doesn't feel right. The only way it would make sense is if Lucy was alive and talking when he left her, then collapsed and his desperation more hope it wasn't him.

That's the theory I've been going on. He's initial desperation to find out who was the last person to see her was to make sure someone else saw her after he did, to put his own mind at rest.
  • Options
    marius1marius1 Posts: 5,529
    Forum Member
    I have always thought it was nick cotton what killed nulucy. she goes to buy drugs and (for reasons we don't know yet) he kills her. nick killed reg cox in the first episode 30 years ago. I still do think that. but after reading the above posts I may b starting to think a little different....a few days b4 good Friday nulucy hits her head and has a bleed to her brain in the portacabin. good Friday and peter and her have a row over the drugs she is taking and follows her and watches her buy more from nick. nick knows he is senn but not by whom. peter also doesn't c the drug dealers (nick's) face. after a continuation of the row peter leaves, raine is also somehow involved (she has not been brought back for nothing) nulucy falls to the ground from the bleed on her brain. she is spotted by raine and ian and moved by them both as she was out hawking her fork and he was paying to play in her lady garden. ian CONSTANTLY says "I don't want my lucy remembered that way"...over a few drugs. ian knows more. also nulucy and lauren wearing the same clothes and having the same initials will also play into the equation. who do I think is not involved: ben, abby, jay, dean, the carters, mick's pink dressing gown, cindy , jane, r & r or the cokers. an each way bet would b on mr.masmood.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DTC has twice said it will be truthful and from the heart. It can only be Ian, Peter or Cindy in my opinion. At a stretch it could be Lee due to his PTSD making him blackout and forget he killed Lucy but I think there would be uproar if the Carters took this storyline away from the Beales at the last second. Particularly since Lee isn't particularly popular.

Lucy wasn't an especially well liked girl but I don't think, short of an 11th hour reveal of her being involved in drug dealing with, for instance, Ronnie or Nick Cotton, it would be particularly truthful for anyone other than those she clashed with on the night she died and who were close to her to be the killer. It may be a combination of 2 characters. Jane could have covered up for Peter or Cindy, for instance, in an effort to spare Ian knowing the truth about how Lucy died.

I cannot see anyone sympathising with Whitney if she killed Lucy out of jealousy. That's the shallowest reason I can think of and it will not pull at the heart strings. Lauren and Abi are too thick to perform a murder and then cover it up. They'd fall apart in seconds. I'm putting my money on one of the Beales or a combination of two of them.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of 11th hour reveals, remember when we found out Archie raped Stacey just before he was murdered? I know there were a few hints beforehand but I think the majority of viewers missed them and it came out of nowhere for them. Given Archie's demise had been building up for quite a while before he was finally killed off and we spent 2 months after his death focusing on the Mitchells before the story was snatched out of their hands by Stacey, I hope we're not in for a repeat of that.

One character who is VERY conspicuous by their absence in all of this is Lucy's brother, Steven. I really do not want him to turn up towards the climax of the story and be revealed as the killer. That would be a cheat. I feel the same way about Nick Cotton and Ben.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have thought Peter since the start. It would lead to double blow for Ian who will effectively lose both his kids. It wont be Ian as that would destroy the character, it isn't going to be Nick Cotton or Ben either, that would just be a cop out.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I can see it being Peter, but I don't think Ian did it, surely DTC wouldn't want to let off an iconic character that is Ian? Because he'd have to leave, if he was the killer. :confused:
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marius1 wrote: »
    I have always thought it was nick cotton what killed nulucy. she goes to buy drugs and (for reasons we don't know yet) he kills her. nick killed reg cox in the first episode 30 years ago. I still do think that. but after reading the above posts I may b starting to think a little different....a few days b4 good Friday nulucy hits her head and has a bleed to her brain in the portacabin. good Friday and peter and her have a row over the drugs she is taking and follows her and watches her buy more from nick. nick knows he is senn but not by whom. peter also doesn't c the drug dealers (nick's) face. after a continuation of the row peter leaves, raine is also somehow involved (she has not been brought back for nothing) nulucy falls to the ground from the bleed on her brain. she is spotted by raine and ian and moved by them both as she was out hawking her fork and he was paying to play in her lady garden. ian CONSTANTLY says "I don't want my lucy remembered that way"...over a few drugs. ian knows more. also nulucy and lauren wearing the same clothes and having the same initials will also play into the equation. who do I think is not involved: ben, abby, jay, dean, the carters, mick's pink dressing gown, cindy , jane, r & r or the cokers. an each way bet would b on mr.masmood.

I think Nick will be arrested for it. It will later be revealed that Peter dealt the fatal blow. Max involved in the initial head injury. Who took her bag etc not sure. I think the key here is going to be that Dot says let Nick go down for it. He is serving the sentence for murder of Reg Cox which he has got away with for last 30 years. Dot being great grandmother to Ronnie child has to play a part. She is involved in the drugs.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marius1 wrote: »

BIB sorry, is this a typo :confused::confused:
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    That's the theory I've been going on. He's initial desperation to find out who was the last person to see her was to make sure someone else saw her after he did, to put his own mind at rest.

This is exactly what I have always thought.
  • Options
    superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    No I don't think it was either of them for all the reasons said above.

Peter was desperate to find the killer, he even got beat up because he wouldn't let it drop and his over the top scream when he found out Lucy had died was only in front of Ian so it really can't have been for show.

Ian's grief has been real, no-one can deny that. It would make no sense for him to be the killer.

I do think it was someone close to Lucy though my betting is on Jane, Denise, Cindy or Ben.

These characters have not had many scenes (or in Ben's case any at all) about their grief or feelings about Lucy so it could easily be one of them and yes I fully believe that DTC could bring out a last minute twist and it'll be someone totally random that no-ones even thought about (i.e Jay on the bus).

We don't know what the story is yet and we've got more than 4 months before we find out. There's going to be plenty more twists to come I'm sure of it.

I think we can safely rule out all the characters who were suspects when Lucy first died (Lauren, Max, Ian, Whitney and Peter)
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian/Peter are Lucy's killer you can bank on that! I just have this gut feeling its one or both of them DTC is gonna shock us and they are the killers. Remember DTC said in that interview recently when planning the killer with his team that it would make sense to the viewers. Next year in February I will bump this thread and be proved right
    Or, as I feel, you will be proved wrong.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dont believe that Ians grief is anything but real, there is no way that he killed his own daughter, I dont think Peter did either

Sorry, I have to be one of the few to disagree with you on this

When the killer (s) is (are) revealed it will be a shock but I dont think it will be Ian or Peter
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's jane or Denise and I haven't changed my mind. I don't want it to be ian or peter
  • Options
    KrustyliciousKrustylicious Posts: 17,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think its Ben/nick. I think it originally it was ian but then moved to those two because of the drugs link. Also lucy flirted with ben at one stage and nick had issues with ian so i can see it as a revenge killing for both of them.

And the killer is due to kill again, so its between those two.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think its Ben/nick. I think it originally it was ian but then moved to those two because of the drugs link. Also lucy flirted with ben at one stage and nick had issues with ian so i can see it as a revenge killing for both of them.

And the killer is due to kill again, so its between those two.

Has it actually been confirmed that Lucy's killer will kill again? Phil turned out to be responsible for the attack on Sharon and Alfie was responsible for the fire so those two can be ruled out. Unless it's Nick, I don't see Lucy's killer striking again and I think Lucy's death is more accident/manslaughter than actual murder (unless of course it's Nick). I'm unsure whether Ben would do something so stupid after just coming out of prison.