RIP Lynsey De Paul

2»

Comments

• Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did! I've downloaded a few of her songs, and one I'd never heard before called Just a Little Time is my new fave. It's very like The Hungry Years, IMO - a lovely song.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once saw her in when out shopping in NW London a few years ago - she was incredibly beautiful.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    Sad news indeed.

She was the first female songwriter to win an Ivor Novello award and I remember her appearances in the musical slot on The Two Ronnies in the 70s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD6V1uSK9R8

R|P Lynsey De Paul

A talented lady.

Don't the 1970's dancers look cheesy now :o:blush:
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »

i think most people who have met Sharon Osborne have done the same, Horrid woman. I still do know why she is on the shows she gets on, because she have no talent.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lynsey de Paul was a popular fixture of music and entertainment shows in the seventies and in the eighties branched into musicals and television music. She was good at what she did and in the early seventies it was unheard of for a woman to write music for male acts. I think LDP will be missed as, apart from music, she was an actress, animal welfare activist, television presenter, journalist, martial artist and reality show contestant. Not many people can claim that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I once saw her in when out shopping in NW London a few years ago - she was incredibly beautiful.

I wish I had seen her in when out.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP - she was a beauty.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugar Me still stands out as a quality song and has been covered a few times. LDP was surely an inspiration for Kate Bush.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I loved her, she'd been on the radio a bit lately and was fascinating to listen to.

My faves were Getting a Drag (one of the first records I bought) and Rock Bottom.
    RIP Lynsey, I loved her Rock Bottom song,she had more talent than todays z listers.:(

Indeed, I think Rock Bottom was my favourite of Lynsey's songs. She made being at rock bottom sound a joyful experience in its own right. :) She may even have inspired David Gray to make a relationship being Dead in the Water (in his song of that name) sound a triumph.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    I wish I had seen her in when out.

:D The young guy in the shop serving her must have been over 30 years younger than her and he was certainly smitten, he couldn't do enough for her.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless her, she was an astute woman
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lynsey de Paul saved the lives of three people by donating her organs to medicine, it was revealed at her funeral yesterday.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/519898/Lynsey-de-Paul-saved-lives-by-donating-organs

Still being a star even after her death
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a lovely lady. Her father used to hit her, so she was passionate about self defence - she made a video about it called Taking Control. I read that she sent a copy to Richard & Judy when their daughter was attacked.