What could your name have been....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mother named me Daniel, however, I was told that had I been born a girl, I would have been called Laurel instead. :blush:

Why have you bumped another 10 year old thread:confused:
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would you have been called had you been born a boy? :cool:

I have no idea - my parents only had girls and I don't think there was a back up plan
  • styrofoamsodastyrofoamsoda Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Why have you bumped another 10 year old thread:confused:

I'm not quite sure.... :blush: If it upsets you, I'll stop. ;)
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Mum wanted me to be called Sara but dad wouldn't have it. Apparently he said "She'll get called Sadie!", even though Sara is not the same as Sarah so he was talking rubbish. I believe Jacqueline was also in the mix somewhere. No idea what it would have been if I had been a boy. I must ask.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have been called Anna if I was born a girl.
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I have no idea - my parents only had girls and I don't think there was a back up plan

I would have called you Ethan if you had been my child born as a boy. :)
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i'd been a boy Clifford Richard John
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    If you'd been a girl and not a boy (or VV)....

In the end - Kevin was my first name, my dads name became my middle name.....

Damn.

If he'd have picked Trevor, I could have had a namesake who was less than 50.

If Mum had had her way I would have been Patrick. I wish she had.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm known by many names across the universe....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, my folks hadn't tried picking out a name for me until I was born :D
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    As far as I know, my folks hadn't tried picking out a name for me until I was born :D

My mum picked my name in a rush too and only decided on what my name would have been had I been born a girl many years later! :D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I hate adding to threads then noticing they are many years out of date, so I'm glad I noticed in time, before I commented on the topic.

It's one thing if they are a couple of years old, but 11 years is just daft - most of the people don't post any more and it's just too messed up.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiomaniac - I'm not too sure why it matters if a thread is old or not.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    If my mum had had her way I would have been called Mercedes. Thank goodness that didn't happen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Radiomaniac - I'm not too sure why it matters if a thread is old or not.

The bumper joined DS in 2012 and his first post was yesterday. He has bumped two 10 year old threads. It's a bit strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think my mum always wanted a girl. She got with the wrong man - on my dad's side there are only ever boys as far back as we can see, which has continued with my kids.

I'd have been called Angela.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    My mum wanted to call me Kirsty but my dad didn't like it, apparently, thanks to my dad, I was then named after some athlete or other who was well known at the time. Would of preferred my mums choice of name myself :(
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'd been a boy, I'd've been called Howard or Nigel, so I'm glad I wasn't.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was a boy, I was going to be called Danny. My parents never had a name for me for ages. I was going to be a Donna, Roisin and a Siobhan but in the end a lady who my mum hated said "Why don't you call her Nicole?" There weren't many Nicole's in the mid 70s and my mum liked it, so they called me that.
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope. I am not even joking. My Mums best friend for 20yrs was called Hope but my Dad thought it too weird so they compromised on Faith (Faith Hope Charity etc). When I was 7 we had a dog called Charity because my Dad thought he was funny and could call out at the park "Faith, Charity!".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    Hope. I am not even joking. My Mums best friend for 20yrs was called Hope but my Dad thought it too weird so they compromised on Faith (Faith Hope Charity etc). When I was 7 we had a dog called Charity because my Dad thought he was funny and could call out at the park "Faith, Charity!".

:D:D:D:D
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I'd been a girl I would have been called Sonny Liston, after the boxer. My parents were weird.
    But I'm used to being Marilyn Monroe now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D

I was bullied at seniors the first few days I was there as because of my name they thought I was a goody two shoes and a rumour went around that my dad was a vicar. Was funny when he came to pick me up on his Harley (he was a biker).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    I was bullied at seniors the first few days I was there as because of my name they thought I was a goody two shoes and a rumour went around that my dad was a vicar. Was funny when he came to pick me up on his Harley (he was a biker).

Sorry to hear that, some people are just idiots like that. Bet they were surprised to see him and his Harley though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, some people are just idiots like that. Bet they were surprised to see him and his Harley though!

Oh it was nothing some name calling not real full on bullying. I gave as good as I got. I think my foul mouth might have given them a clue they were on the wrong track. ;-)