Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is sarah
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoiler! Surely it's Craig and Sarah dining though not him and Hannah - that would be a bit random!:confused:

ETA: One thing I adore about this place is everyone's different interpretations and feelings about the scenes and the characters. I love hearing everyone's opinion whether I agree with it or not!

It would be random, Craigs in enough mess without starting an affair with Hannah as well!
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    JJBB wrote: »
    It would be random, Craigs in enough mess without starting an affair with Hannah as well!

Lol don't! She doesn't need anymore heartache bless her! Although come to think of it, neither do most of the characters!

Are we ever going to see Frankie again?! She's awesome! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol don't! She doesn't need anymore heartache bless her! Although come to think of it, neither do most of the characters!

Are we ever going to see Frankie again?! She's awesome! :D

Yeah I miss Frankie! Actually I miss the whole Dean family, they were like the McQueens of their time!
  • Options
    Natuk80Natuk80 Posts: 11,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's Frankie by the way?

When does the new next set of spoilers come out, is it today?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,361
    Forum Member
    laura_lou wrote: »
    Well i bet Craig was a bit fed up of JP trying to look like the good guy and how 'Craig has to choose and be honest' - when he isn't whiter than white! He's been cheating on his bloke, dumped on Hannah and is now decieving Sarah!

I think this was a very good point to bring in that John Paul is being dishonest - to remind the viewers. With Craig's angsty behaviour and being nasty, and aggressive, he has been coming over as "bad guy" to John Paul's good guy. And yet, from their behaviour up to now John Paul has seemed to show less guilt over lying to Spike and Sarah - and Hannah (Sarah and Craig) before.

In one excellent scene it has tipped the balance so the pair are more equal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I miss Frankie! Actually I miss the whole Dean family, they were like the McQueens of their time!

aw yeah they were, back in the day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm bored so I thought I'd ask a Hollyoaks related question:

What do you think has been the worst/stupidest storyline since you've been watching? Or what storyline that was meant to be 'major' did you find disappointing?

For me the worst storyline I can think of is when Josh and Fletch pretended there was a beast in the park. The most disappointing storyline was probably Jake's killing of Mrs Valentine because I didn't really care for either character at the time.

You?
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    But I think it was the Spike part that did it. Hannah, that hurt, but is over and can;t be changed, but with Spike, JP talks about honesty and is ready to cheat on him.

OK Ivan - don't faint - I AGREE!!! :p
    I think he felt the guilt big time about Hannah, and then a kind of double guilt as still seeing spike and knowing what Craig said was true. Take it this is why he splits with him this week/next week (whenever it was!) ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i don't get that, i still can't get away from the fact that for JP to be honest would mean he has to betray Craig to out him to spike.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bored so I thought I'd ask a Hollyoaks related question:

What do you think has been the worst/stupidest storyline since you've been watching? Or what storyline that was meant to be 'major' did you find disappointing?

For me the worst storyline I can think of is when Josh and Fletch pretended there was a beast in the park. The most disappointing storyline was probably Jake's killing of Mrs Valentine because I didn't really care for either character at the time.

You?

FAB, I'm bored too so I shall answer :D

OMG, the introduction of the Valentines were awful, I wanted them to just move back to wherever they came from the minute they arrived! It could have been such a great opening storyline but for some reason it just didnt work!

Also the old storyline with Laura being obsessed with Mandy, it just dragged on for ages and was a bit pointless!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    OK Ivan - don't faint - I AGREE!!! :p
    I think he felt the guilt big time about Hannah, and then a kind of double guilt as still seeing spike and knowing what Craig said was true. Take it this is why he splits with him this week/next week (whenever it was!) ?

I think JP wants to dump Spike, he wants to do the right thing but Craig wont allow him! He wouldnt think twice about dumping Spike, which is why he does next week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its factually correct jp is both gay and in love with Craig.
    but i get that you mean.
    you could say they are if a affair is more than sex because its only Craig and JP who are having any honest dialogue.
    with his girlfriend in the dark

I think that Craig and John Paul are both acting already like it is an affair. By the behaviour of both of them this is so obviously far more than sex and a one night stand. Their behaviour reflects the emotional importance of what happened........and I think once and an accident was the kiss at the ball - that was accidental. Both had purpose in going however far they did a couple of weeks ago. And they are, as we know, but also can see, are constantly bordering on further kissing and "fumbling". They are acting far more as a couple than Craig and sarah or John Paul and Craig - they talk like a couple, know each other like a couple now (not only as best friends but sexually as well...John Paul knows that Craig enjoyed every second of it) and they argue passionately like a couple, both emotionally and physically.

Hence I see it as already an affair.........but I don't mind people not agreeing. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FAB, I'm bored too so I shall answer :D

OMG, the introduction of the Valentines were awful, I wanted them to just move back to wherever they came from the minute they arrived! It could have been such a great opening storyline but for some reason it just didnt work!

Also the old storyline with Laura being obsessed with Mandy, it just dragged on for ages and was a bit pointless!

I still can't stand the Valentines! I remember the Mandy and Laura storyline and remember being a bit freaked out by it all at the time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong because its Craig unable to deal with whats happened because of his fears that it mean jp can not be honest with spike.

I don't agree with this. JP is responsible for his own actions. JP can be honest with Spike - he knows he wants Craig big time so whether he gets Craig or not is immaterial. He wants Craig a lot more than Spike so if he was being honest he's just get rid or Spike. He wouldn't keep him hanging waiting to see if Craig bites or not.
    Thus the reason why I think he dumps Spike - even if only for a short period.
  • Options
    yikesyikes Posts: 7,276
    Forum Member
    Wrong because its Craig unable to deal with whats happened because of his fears that it mean jp can not be honest with spike.

I think that you need to be careful with your use of the word " wrong " it means that factually you are right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong .

What I suggest that you are missing in your interpretation is the point that laura makes , namely that until Craig mentions Spike he doesn't enter JP's head .

The obvious explanation for JP's reaction then is guilt at how he has behaved not some wistful sudden realisation of a hearts and flowers relationship he could have had with Spike that Craig has destroyed . He doesn't want that - he wants one thing - Craig !

That sort of regret I can only imagine entering JP's head if he has lost all hope of being with Craig - a point he is nowhere near at present.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittomic wrote: »
    I think that Craig and John Paul are both acting already like it is an affair. By the behaviour of both of them this is so obviously far more than sex and a one night stand. Their behaviour reflects the emotional importance of what happened........and I think once and an accident was the kiss at the ball - that was accidental. Both had purpose in going however far they did a couple of weeks ago. And they are, as we know, but also can see, are constantly bordering on further kissing and "fumbling". They are acting far more as a couple than Craig and sarah or John Paul and Craig - they talk like a couple, know each other like a couple now (not only as best friends but sexually as well...John Paul knows that Craig enjoyed every second of it) and they argue passionately like a couple, both emotionally and physically.

Hence I see it as already an affair.........but I don't mind people not agreeing. ;)

i agree with that but i think that it will be classed as a proper affair when they sleep together again, then they know that it wasn't just a one off thing and that they both actually want it if it's happening again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think JP wants to dump Spike, he wants to do the right thing but Craig wont allow him! He wouldnt think twice about dumping Spike, which is why he does next week!

yes thats why it would hurt him all the more the fact that Craig would fling it in his face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think JP ends things with Spike (if only temporarily) not because he doesn't like him but because a) he feels guilty b) he wants Craig and he might think if he makes himself available Craig might too - except that's not going to happen anytime soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All that would leave then is Nancy - think he'd be able to slot her in???:p :p
  • Options
    yikesyikes Posts: 7,276
    Forum Member
    I think JP ends things with Spike (if only temporarily) not because he doesn't like him but because a) he feels guilty b) he wants Craig and he might think if he makes himself available Craig might too - except that's not going to happen anytime soon!

I am sure you are right that he likes Spike - he just pales into insignificance compared to Craig for JP . Something some Spokeites are in denial about ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yikes wrote: »
    I think that you need to be careful with your use of the word " wrong " it means that factually you are right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong .

What I suggest that you are missing in your interpretation is the point that laura makes , namely that until Craig mentions Spike he doesn't enter JP's head .

The obvious explanation for JP's reaction then is guilt at how he has behaved not some wistful sudden realisation of a hearts and flowers relationship he could have had with Spike that Craig has destroyed . He doesn't want that - he wants one thing - Craig !

That sort of regret I can only imagine entering JP's head if he has lost all hope of being with Craig - a point he is nowhere near at present.

I agree with that - and Laura's point that Spike hadn't entered John Paul's head. He is so not in the place in JP's mind where he should be as boyfriend. That is completely Craig who dominates his thoughts.

Off now till later!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this was a very good point to bring in that John Paul is being dishonest - to remind the viewers. With Craig's angsty behaviour and being nasty, and aggressive, he has been coming over as "bad guy" to John Paul's good guy. And yet, from their behaviour up to now John Paul has seemed to show less guilt over lying to Spike and Sarah - and Hannah (Sarah and Craig) before.

I agree. I do as well.

I also agree with someone who said that JP didn't really look at it that way as so eager to get Craig and it was a bit of a 'ping' moment for him of realisation that what Craig said was true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    truestar wrote: »
    aw yeah they were, back in the day!

They were like the Mcqueens weren't they. Ohhh those were the days!!! :p
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I And yet, from their behaviour up to now John Paul has seemed to show less guilt over lying to Spike and Sarah - and Hannah (Sarah and Craig) before.

The whole story is told from a JP-sympathetic viewpoint, which is why we all like him!

We never see (for example) Spike sitting at home getting upset because his boyfriend is being aloof.
    ... or feeling hurt when he gets rejected and brushed aside on multiple occasions.

I'm happy to go along with the bias, because it's a drama and they couldn't possibly show all the aspects and viewpoints of a multi-faceted situation... but I keep in my mind whom is being victimized at different points and by who.
This discussion has been closed.