Malaki- Most Disturbing Child Cruelty Scene on BGT

Comments

• kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morton100 wrote: »
    There was something very odd about this boys mother that I can't quite work out. She seemed like she could of had quite an attitude or a different side to her but was covering up this for the show. She just didn't seem real, there was something different about her. On a different note, I do believe this boys tears were genuine, unlike that girl Holly who I'm certain just pretended to cry to get put through a few years back.

WOW! You can tell that all from a short clip that's been pretty heavily edited? Please do PM me this week's lottery numbers.
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kleinzach wrote: »
    Damned if they do and damned if they don't. Lots of posters on here would have moaned if they had shown him singing another song. You'd have heard the cries of "set-up!" the other side of the world.

There wouldn't be any cries of 'set-up' if Malaki's meltdown was never broadcast - and if there was a second audition in which he didn't cry, why not show that?

Because, obviously, Simon Cowell thought he'd get more mileage out of a crying nine-year-old.

Which pretty much says it all ...
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with under 13's being on a talent show if they want to (and not because their chav parents have dollar signs in their eyes) - but it would be one called Britains Got Talented Kids. Its unfair to put kids in an adult environment up against adult acts.
  • Queen__BeaQueen__Bea Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    I have no problem with under 13's being on a talent show if they want to (and not because their chav parents have dollar signs in their eyes) - but it would be one called Britains Got Talented Kids. Its unfair to put kids in an adult environment up against adult acts.

I think that's an excellent idea and agree 100%. They should have a special kids show which is more light-hearted, without a major prize hanging on it and with no buzzers.

That way kids get a gentler intro to the world of showbiz and mum doesn't think she'll be cashing in on junior's success.

Plus it could be more age-appropriate in terms of content and songs.

I found the whole Ronan Park thing - a little boy belting out Adele songs like some man had just broken his heart - deeply creepy, and was glad when that "bogus" and "fake" email claiming to blow the lid on things (which of course was all untrue anyway, eh Simon?) kind of stopped the bandwagon which had until then been very deliberately set in motion.

Let children stay children, they have plenty of time to grow up when they are ready. Mum may have ££££ signs in her eyes, but showbiz isn't always a pretty place for a child. From Lena Zavaroni to Michael Jackson, there are very few happy former child stars around...
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Servalan wrote: »
    There wouldn't be any cries of 'set-up' if Malaki's meltdown was never broadcast - and if there was a second audition in which he didn't cry, why not show that?

Because, obviously, Simon Cowell thought he'd get more mileage out of a crying nine-year-old.

Which pretty much says it all ...

That was what I was thinking - Simon Cowell is a cock. Why didnt they show his second song? Because the first one (which isnt really suitable for a young boy imo) makes better TV? :rolleyes:
    Queen Bea makes an excellent point - perhaps there should be a Junior BGT, or something like that. Ronan Parke singing Make you Feel My Love was just wrong, as he had no emotional connection to the song whatsoever, good as his voice may have been.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tawe wrote: »
    Was the kid dragged kicking and screaming onto the stage ....NO!!!! . He probably was the one who told his mum he wanted to go on there in the first place.. lots of people get stage fright but it doesnt stop them from doing something they love.. give the kid a break and stop blowing it up into something all out of proportion , the kid was obviously as happy as larry going home which you can clearly see him skipping up the road
    FFS some people just go on and on and on .:yawn: its over and done with .kid went home happy now move on

Some young lads will go along with almost anything in order to keep their mother happy. Some forced encouragement and a young lad might be terrified of speaking up and saying that he doesn't want to do it.
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, not all the acts which were accepted will appear in the semi-finals. We may not see Malaki again, but either way I think the experience has done him a lot of good.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    Apparently, not all the acts which were accepted will appear in the semi-finals. We may not see Malaki again, but either way I think the experience has done him a lot of good.
    Agreed. There's not a chance in hell they'll put him through to the live shows because if he breaks down again, the public outcry would be huge and very damaging to ITV, Cowell and co.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    i also thought it was strange they didnt show the second song,maybe it explains the strange ad break cos after alesha and his mom comforted him,he sang listen again.

then simon asked if he could sing something else then he did man in the mirror. like i said we were encouraged to stand up and cheer and simon was milking it for all it was worth,raising his arms to encourage more cheers so it was obvious he was thinking he had got some good old fashioned dramatics for the show ie young boy overcoming his stage fright. but all the judges were lovely to malaki as he left the stage.

afterwards malaki dashed past us as we were all leaving and someone shouted he was great and he said thanks and laughed - he seemed cheerful and fine
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by some of the comments in this section, there are a lot of people who should go to Specsavers - and if they go to a fairground they should be careful where they sit.
  • Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope he doesnt get throught tomorrow.

And they have a Kids Got Talent show instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will find out tonight
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Some young lads will go along with almost anything in order to keep their mother happy. Some forced encouragement and a young lad might be terrified of speaking up and saying that he doesn't want to do it.

True, but we don't know if Malaki is one of those lads.
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could somebody link me the performance, please?
    Forum Member
    They put him through. Not right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    appalled.
  • kylesmithkylesmith Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Really surpised they didn't show his second performance, Man in the mirror. He was great.
  • MrRightMrRight Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i also thought it was strange they didnt show the second song,maybe it explains the strange ad break cos after alesha and his mom comforted him,he sang listen again.

then simon asked if he could sing something else then he did man in the mirror. like i said we were encouraged to stand up and cheer and simon was milking it for all it was worth,raising his arms to encourage more cheers so it was obvious he was thinking he had got some good old fashioned dramatics for the show ie young boy overcoming his stage fright. but all the judges were lovely to malaki as he left the stage.

afterwards malaki dashed past us as we were all leaving and someone shouted he was great and he said thanks and laughed - he seemed cheerful and fine

Why was it deathly silent when he walked on stage? Was this encouraged or just the way it was edited? It may have been because they thought it would be less scary but the mother said he'd performed on stage before. Surely every other time he's walked on stage he's at least been applauded so having an eerie almost sinister silence would make it far worse for him.

I don't believe he cried because of nerves. He started singing some incredibly flat notes & became embarrassed as he realised he was actually singing badly on the biggest performance of his life & cried because he was ballsing it up. Luckily, crying gave him a chance to perform again & do better (If an adult sings badly because of nerves are they given another chance?).

It also seems odd people saying his second song was so much better. Do you think if he hadn't cried Simon would have done his whole, "I don't like that song. Have you got anything else prepared?" spiel (knowing full well he'll perform his second song far better)?

A child doesn't have to be forced on stage against their will to feel pressured into doing something.
    If his mum's constantly saying to him around the house, “Imagine if you win BGT. All the money we'd get. I could give up my crappy job, we could move to a nicer area, it'll change our whole family's lives for the better. This is the biggest day of your life. You have to show people what you can do. I'd be so proud of you” etc the kid is subtly going to feel like everything rides on him doing this & is going to find it difficult to say no. (She may not even realise she's doing it so much)

Children shouldn't be allowed. It rarely does them any good. I also get creeped out by kids being encouraged to sing adult songs & trying to convey the emotion in them.
  • Luce*Luce* Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I think Malakai loves singing, I think his mum loves Malakai's singing. I think Malakai is too young for such a large audience.

That's it and all about it.

Child abuse? Pffft.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    when alesha said something along the lines age shouldnt matter look at michael jackson? i actually laughed out loud and said yeh he turned out JUST fine.
    Forum Member
    Poor kid. Should never have been on the show!!
  • Vauxhall NovaVauxhall Nova Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice of Dec to drag him back to the front of the stage when he clearly wanted to hide away.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    uncomfortable. Why did people vote for him?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Poor kid. Should never have been on the show!!

I do hope they don't give him the wild card. he was not very good.Lots are better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    Good to see the standing ovation for him. They have been very very careful with the judge's comments for younger acts - B Minor would have been torn apart had they been over 18.