Options

4G on Three will be at Standard Prices and Unlimted Data

Comments

• Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    dephanix02 wrote: »
    Told you all Three would be the only ones to add competition to this 4G, knew they wouldn't let us down. This benefits everyone. No matter what network you're on.

Doesn't benefit me. I'm on the Full Monty and I ain't changing ;)
  • Options
    denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if my comment was lighthearted earlier on, what if Three ends up getting nothing at the auction and can only offer 4G on 1800 and 2100mHZ? Not sure how far that would get them, if 2100mHZ is for 3G at the moment and they can't just switch it from 3G to 4G in one go.
  • Options
    legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't benefit me. I'm on the Full Monty and I ain't changing ;)

Apart from the fact that full Monty wont deliver 4G, does not include tethering and has a fup for speed restrictions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apart from the fact that full Monty wont deliver 4G, does not include tethering and has a fup for speed restrictions.

1) I know it won't deliver 4G.
    2) My version includes tethering as I got the first version.
    3) I get 5MBit/sec speed which is more than fine. Allows me to stream and tether to my laptop totally fine. Don't see any need to change.
  • Options
    tarziontarzion Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1)
    2) My version includes tethering as I got the first version.

As per the current terms and conditions T-Mobile have revoked it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you can't use the FM tariff as a comparison, already the one plan is superior and with 4G it will be a far superior offering
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tarzion wrote: »
    As per the current terms and conditions T-Mobile have revoked it...

Not for customers who signed up before August 2012 they haven't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you can't use the FM tariff as a comparison, already the one plan is superior and with 4G it will be a far superior offering

Not at the price I pay for FM ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at the price I pay for FM ;)

But you are staff.

And for anyone choosing a plan now, you should not be giving them the impression its the same as the one plan when that simply is not true
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    So plymouthbloke1974 is T Mobile staff? Explains a lot lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    So plymouthbloke1974 is T Mobile staff? Explains a lot lol.

Orange but staff have access to deals across the EE brands
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But you are staff.

And for anyone choosing a plan now, you should not be giving them the impression its the same as the one plan when that simply is not true

I have done no such thing! All I said was I was in reply to dephanix02 that 4G won't benefit me as I was on FM. Merely correcting them. Jeez!!!!!
  • Options
    davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you are staff.

Can't see what made you say this. He clearly stated things like, "Not for the price I pay" or "not for customers that signed up before August 2012..." At no time has he indicated that new customers will get the deal he is on.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I swear some folk are losing the plot on here..
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's likely that Three will offer a low amount (500 MB) of 4G on all contracts with 3G being offered after that intial allowance is used up.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Agreed lord lucan^^

I thought fanboys existed for video games. Not mobile phone networks. (Although look at wavejock :D )

Will be interesting to see what happens with Three this year. They sure look on track to do well.

And to the poster above, that will not happen. Read the article
  • Options
    ramzezramzez Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    My contract with O2 is up this year so this may well sway me to Three. Don't even get me started on O2's 3G coverage :mad: :D

A few of my friends tell me 3 is good for Data but for calls they have to use a separate provider usually o2.
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    ramzez wrote: »
    A few of my friends tell me 3 is good for Data but for calls they have to use a separate provider usually o2.

Er... what?!!?
    3G does calls and data and if there's no 3G the handset uses EE 2G where available.
    You need different friends. Your current ones are clearly on drugs :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear I've been a massive critic of three in the past but right now they are the best value imo, and from my experience have the best and fastest 3G network
  • Options
    lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Er... what?!!?
    3G does calls and data and if there's no 3G the handset uses EE 2G where available.

:D I just actually laughed out loud at that :D I know it's wrong, but I did...

On topic; great stuff from Three, and another reason for me not to move networks. (disclaimer - I know that sounds like an advert, but it's honestly not meant to :o)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »

Brilliant! :D
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Thought the thread needed lightening a little :)
    I too think Three know something we don't.
  • Options
    danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    DC-HSDPA is a viable alternative anyway and is available now from Three for approx 80% of the UK by the end of March. OK, not as fast (theoretically) but I've read of speeds of 21mb down which would be just fine by me.

Think there almost the same, (As in all ip infrastructure)

on a side note i came across this result from three on dc

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100219496020695460993/posts/65tyTiXFSRs
  • Options
    John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    denyo1977 wrote: »
    Even if my comment was lighthearted earlier on, what if Three ends up getting nothing at the auction and can only offer 4G on 1800 and 2100mHZ? Not sure how far that would get them, if 2100mHZ is for 3G at the moment and they can't just switch it from 3G to 4G in one go.

No, they will use 1800 and 2100 (if ofcom allow it) for LTE while keeping the 3g on 2100.

They can, im sure co-exist.

Anyway, they will probably ;-) do the same as EE did and be building the LTE network as we speak (trials etc) and will have a few areas ready for switch on within a month or so of announcing it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is great news for people on Three and good news for competition but how can they afford to offer expensive to roll out 4G for all plans, even really cheap ones and even more to the point how can they offer unlimited LTE, especially for the cheap AYCE data plans?

Surely that can't be sustainable? How long will cheap truly unlimited LTE last? Because they surely can't do it forever right?? Hence why EE and all the rest will charge more and have data limits...