Options

Black shoes with brown laces?

Unknown20Unknown20 Posts: 155
Forum Member
What do you think of black shoes with brown laces? Do you think it looks odd or OK? I've snapped one of my laces for my black sandals and have some spare brown/tan ones that are practically the same. Was thinking about using them and instead wearing an all black outfit, with brown/tan belt and accessories. Do you think it would work ok?

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's like wearing white socks with black shoes.....a big no no.
    Maybe you could paint the shoelaces black? Even a marker or black pen might do.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unknown20 wrote: »
    Do you think it would work ok?

Nope.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody. NOBODY. Notices another man/woman's shoelaces. Ok, maybe if you're wearing neon green ones with formal shoes. But other than that I think you can feel free to go hog wild.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Nobody. NOBODY. Notices another man/woman's shoelaces. Ok, maybe if you're wearing neon green ones with formal shoes. But other than that I think you can feel free to go hog wild.

I'm a shoe person so I would definitely notice
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    You're away with the fairies if you believe that.
  • Options
    StompaStompa Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unknown20 wrote: »
    What do you think of black shoes with brown laces? Do you think it looks odd or OK? I've snapped one of my laces for my black sandals and have some spare brown/tan ones that are practically the same. Was thinking about using them and instead wearing an all black outfit, with brown/tan belt and accessories. Do you think it would work ok?

It'll be fine. I currently have brown shoes with black laces. The colour is of no importance whatsoever.