PS3 v XBOX controllers

2»

Comments

• The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    360 for me. It only takes about 30 mins play with the PS for my hands to start cramping up.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    No. Grid was good. Grid 2 is a horror show.

Agreed. They messed up Grid 2 badly. The PC port is the worst.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only got little diddy man hands, so it's been a PS controller all the way for me.

I'm alarmed to hear that the PS4 controller is going to be bigger.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far prefer it to the Sony DS.

Probably overshot here. I don't dislike DS it's just not as comfortable or solid as 360 pad. To quantify further 360 - 90%, with the DS around 75%. The triggers in particular really do let it down. Very much like the look of the new DS though, seems fuller formed, comfier and more rounded. The touch pad also appeals. Could be good as a trackpad for internet browsing amongst other uses.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Grid was good. Grid 2 is a horror show.
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Agreed. They messed up Grid 2 badly. The PC port is the worst.

Oh well, no money lost at least. No wonder they were giving them away for free!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    I hate the PS3 controller, the main stick is just in the wrong place - and those triggers. What were sony thinking?

Its subjective though. I think dualshock controllers are perfect.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    I've only got little diddy man hands, so it's been a PS controller all the way for me.

I'm alarmed to hear that the PS4 controller is going to be bigger.

Dont worry, it still feels like a PS controller.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    360 controller admittedly. Although the D-Pad is awful.

I've customized my DS3 controller with the trigger and thumb grips. Much better. Although I do find the analogue sticks to be a tad to tall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer the 360's controller, it's weight feels "right" and the triggers are perfect.

I can't use a Dualshock 3 without those clip on triggers, my fingers are constantly slipping otherwise.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox has the best grip/feel while holding it but PS3 has the better numb chucks or how ever you say them
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    360 controller for me, i loved the ps2 controller but sony made a massive mistake on their ps3 controller, removing rumble etc. They resolved it quickly but im surprised people dont mention that as often as they do when slagging off microsoft.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    dend wrote: »
    360 controller for me, i loved the ps2 controller but sony made a massive mistake on their ps3 controller, removing rumble etc. They resolved it quickly but im surprised people dont mention that as often as they do when slagging off microsoft.

Probably because it's not been an issue for nearly Six Years now. :p

We all know it was down to the lawsuit meaning they couldn't include the tech, and yeah this was when Sony were in that PR Disaster phase and came up with some daft excuse "it doesn't work well with Sixaxis!", but once all of that was sorted, the pad was sold again, and included as standard in new bundles at the time and has been since.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have small hands and struggled with the PS controller. Apparantly I wasn't alone and Mad Katz released a small version which was ace.

I use a 360 controller for the PC, and have had no issues with it being too big, even though it looks much bigger.
  • HypnosHypnos Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dualshock is the main reason I have not played on my PS3 so much. I've spent a lot of money trying to use an Xbox pad with it, best I have found is the Cronus but even that has noticeble input lag.

It is fine for games such as Gran Turismo but horrible for FPS games. The build quality is also turd compared to the 360 pad.

As good as the 360 pad is though i've had a couple die on me, its certainly not perfect. Current one is the longest lasting (2 years) but i've had to repair it a few times.