Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Microsoft :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »

Any consoles which are available in store right now are as a result of the retailers keeping consoles to one side, not because of lack of demand.

Why would retailers keep some to one side? There are places taking pre-orders for the next batch from MS so if any store has stock left it can only be due to lack of demand in that area or people not taking up their pre-order.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballybally wrote: »
    Why would retailers keep some to one side? There are places taking pre-orders for the next batch from MS so if any store has stock left it can only be due to lack of demand in that area or people not taking up their pre-order.

Many stores kept stock to one side to sell in store on a first come first served basis. Even Game (their site) were selling day one editions on launch day from stock they kept aside (some of their bundles were going up to the £1k mark!). Besides, it was Dan who said there was loads of stock left :p Nothing to do with lack of demand; for example, my local Game is, as you say, taking preorders for the next batch still. Companies (as all major stores did in the UK - including Tesco and Game and gaming stores in the US) kept stock to one side to sell on launch day.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many stores kept stock to one side to sell in store on a first come first served basis. Even Game (their site) were selling day one editions on launch day from stock they kept aside (some of their bundles were going up to the £1k mark!). Besides, it was Dan who said there was loads of stock left :p Nothing to do with lack of demand; for example, my local Game is, as you say, taking preorders for the next batch still. Companies (as all major stores did in the UK - including Tesco and Game and gaming stores in the US) kept stock to one side to sell on launch day.

And those consoles did not sell so ergo they have not sold out?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think buyers of the Xbox One console that were buying it for themselves should have waited to see which had the better graphics.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think buyers of the Xbox One console that were buying it for themselves should have waited to see which had the better graphics.

Why? We have seen videos for the last few months of what each console can produce at launch. Plus just go over into the Xbox sub-forum and see that most people are praising the console they purchased.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    And those consoles did not sell so ergo they have not sold out?

But they did sell? Tell me any store that you can go into right now and buy an Xbox One?

On top of that, there are more to a console than graphics. Whilst it maybe that the PS4 is more powerful, it's the XBO that appeals to me and my needs more.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they've sold out because it removes temptation. Same with the PS4 next week, I know there won't be any available after launch day, just makes life so much easier for those of us that might be tempted with an impulse purchase but doesn't really want one right now.

It's a blessing. Unless of course you've missed out lol :D
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both are good consoles well done to both MS and Sony for nailing it and making great consoles.
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I'm glad they've sold out because it removes temptation. Same with the PS4 next week, I know there won't be any available after launch day, just makes life so much easier for those of us that might be tempted with an impulse purchase but doesn't really want one right now.

MS didn't sell out. Plenty are to be had if you know where to look.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Dan27 wrote: »
    MS didn't sell out. Plenty are to be had if you know where to look.

Neither did the ps4 in the US. I read this morning that walmart are holding stock for black friday.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if you can get hold of them or not. MS, a company that some were saying are dead and buried have sold 1 million consoles in 24 hours which is a great achievement.

Sony will outsell Microsoft in the long run, that is inevitable, but Microsoft are still selling plenty of consoles and are still a good competition for Sony.

We as gamers win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they did sell? Tell me any store that you can go into right now and buy an Xbox One?

Game - nice big advert outside the door on Sunday saying they had launch edition and mega bundles in stock.

Simple fact thats all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Neither did the ps4 in the US. I read this morning that walmart are holding stock for black friday.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if you can get hold of them or not. MS, a company that some were saying are dead and buried have sold 1 million consoles in 24 hours which is a great achievement.

Sony will outsell Microsoft in the long run, that is inevitable, but Microsoft are still selling plenty of consoles and are still a good competition for Sony.

We as gamers win.

Maybe Sony are also exaggerating the amount of consoles they've sold? Perhaps it will be possible to just buy one by the end of next week. I've left it go now until next year sometime as the launch line up consists of games I have already barring one or two exclusives.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's no visible difference in the graphics capabilities of the machines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Game - nice big advert outside the door on Sunday saying they had launch edition and mega bundles in stock.

Simple fact thats all.

The mega bundles are the one they are selling for like £1k, right?
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »

made me laugh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mega bundles are the one they are selling for like £1k, right?

No they have day one editions available.

Why is that hard to believe?
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day One editions currently available to "Phase 2 customers" at Game in Norwich.

Still no demo-unit to actually test out an Xbone on the shop floor though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You wish. There is. Even the outlets that were trying to downplay the 1080p advantage have said there are differences.

Also in other news, in the UK the Xbox One doubled Xbox 360 launch sales. The 360 managed 70k units, but if you cast your mind back you'll recall it was in extremely short supply.

So Xbox One will be around 140k.

This is some 25k less than the PS3 managed even with all the doom and gloom and short supply surrounding that console.

The PSP remains at the top of the tree still with 185k.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here. I want one, but I don't want to be on a back-order. And if the wait means the 'day one patch' will be integrated in the machine out-of-the-box, so much the better.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    This is some 25k less than the PS3 managed even with all the doom and gloom and short supply surrounding that console.

As opposed to all the "doom and gloom" surrounding the X1? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day One editions currently available to "Phase 2 customers" at Game in Norwich.

Still no demo-unit to actually test out an Xbone on the shop floor though.

Same with the game stores near me - no demo unit for the Xbox One which is odd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Is it true that the Xbone camera is permanently on?
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lollage