Superstar Show Discussion Tuesday 24 July

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
Forum Member
Hi All,

I thought I would,start anew thread for tonight.
There are not many contestants left and only two shows, this is getting tense. :eek:

I will be voting for Roger :D:D as I think he is the strongest of the finalists and my favourite to win, and Rory, I like his voice and he comes across as a sweetie.

Good luck boys :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Good Luck Guys

Good Luck Roger
    Good Luck David

Vote Roger!
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be voting for Ben but I am also hoping Rory does well too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Good luck to all! Will be voting for Roger!
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,202
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »
    I will be voting for Ben but I am also hoping Rory does well too

I don't think Rory is suited to the part - he is too young and he just wouldn't be believable for me.

Roger needs to be in the final - he has the class and humility needed for the part. Plus I think he gets a pretty raw deal if people are voting for someone on the "he is fit" reason, which I suspect they are.

A boyband Jesus just wont work- and I think that is what we will get if Ben, Rory and David make the final
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    I don't think Rory is suited to the part - he is too young and he just wouldn't be believable for me.

Roger needs to be in the final - he has the class and humility needed for the part. Plus I think he gets a pretty raw deal if people are voting for someone on the "he is fit" reason, which I suspect they are.

A boyband Jesus just wont work- and I think that is what we will get if Ben, Rory and David make the final

maybe he isnt but I still like him I am not going to vote for him though the only I will vote for is ben
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,202
    Forum Member
    hannah wrote: »
    maybe he isnt but I still like him I am not going to vote for him though the only I will vote for is ben

but my point is - I don't think a boyband Jesus will work. If people are voting on the "he is fit" angle then that is unfair - it should be down to singing ability and acting ability IMO
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    but my point is - I don't think a boyband Jesus will work. If people are voting on the "he is fit" angle then that is unfair - it should be down to singing ability and acting ability IMO

Jesus was 33 years old when he died, in a time where the average life expectancy was probably only around mid-40s, and boys became men at a much earlier age (around 13). So one thing I'm fairly sure about is that he shouldn't be portrayed by someone who can't at least act as if they've got some serious life experience. This isn't X-Factor.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I am finding it quite difficult now to enjoy the forum .Its all about Nathan and getting a bit one sided
    I am still enjoying Ben and Rory David and Roger and really looking forward to the show in October .I cant wait to see it again , I last saw it in 1972 !! I think Mel C will be fantastic and I am sure whoever is Jesus will have lots of rehersal by then and it will be a super show .
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am finding it quite difficult now to enjoy the forum .Its all about Nathan and getting a bit one sided
    I am still enjoying Ben and Rory David and Roger and really looking forward to the show in October .I cant wait to see it again , I last saw it in 1972 !! I think Mel C will be fantastic and I am sure whoever is Jesus will have lots of rehersal by then and it will be a super show .

Amen to that my friend.:)

Personal comments from posters (who are complaining about ALW's personal comments :rolleyes:) show the level of maturity and discussion skills.
    I was even told today to get some perspective in my life.:D

Really enjoying the show and looking forward to tonight.
    Whoever wins now is a worthy winner imho.
    Forum Member

Totally agree

I plan on seeing the show whoever wins, of course I have my favourite, we all do but at the end of the day, it is the actual play that I am most interested in.

I have only seen the film version and was not too happy with that so looking forward to the play

:D
    Forum Member
    Amen to that my friend.:)

Whoever wins now is a worthy winner imho.

:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree

I plan on seeing the show whoever wins, of course I have my favourite, we all do but at the end of the day, it is the actual play that I am most interested in.

I have only seen the film version and was not too happy with that so looking forward to the play

Have seen it twice and its a fantastically memorable experience.
    The show itself is the real star and I just know you'll love it.
    The film can never be compared to the live experience.:)
    Forum Member
    Totally agree

I saw it way back in the days of tank tops and flowers in our hair and it was amazing .,I loved it .Its a great musical and a great show

I am bored now of Nathan this and Nathan that from the same people over and over .He is out , the four are still in and I am enjoying it
    I loved Jon , I would have loved to see him live , I wont and I got over it .
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't watched since Jon was eliminated. It's not that I can't overcome my own favouritism to the point where I dislike all other contenders - but I just found ALW so unpleasant that it wasn't nice to watch. If what you have all been saying about his nastiness towards Nathan is true - thank God I didn't have to wirtness THAT - then I can only say the thing is becoming like a combination of Big Brother and the Jeremy Kyle Show - a gladiatorial area. How can it be entertaining to watch people being torn to shreds... What has all that to do with the singing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I saw it way back in the days of tank tops and flowers in our hair and it was amazing .,I loved it .Its a great musical and a great show

I am bored now of Nathan this and Nathan that from the same people over and over .He is out , the four are still in and I am enjoying it

I too saw Jesus Christ, Superstar long time ago, when Paul Nicholas played the lead. It was and is my favourite musical and I feel very protective of it. It was always billed as a 'rock opera' so was sad to see Nathan go in very wrong circumstances - Andrew should apologise for getting his facts wrong.
    Forum Member

You are lucky, to have seen the original.
    I take it is better than the film?
    Very glad to know.

Jon was great and I felt the critism of him was quite harsh at times but he took it well.
    I loved the way he simply nodded, smiled and then said thank you, so dignified.
    I can definitely see him going far, I bet we will see him in something very soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member

I agree, his fans are very vocal and don't really allow other opinions.
    I think it should have been about the show and not personalities.
    I too have my favourites out of the final four, but I like them all enough to want to see any of them in the play.
  • SullymoSullymo Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond doll we were told to " get some proportion in our lives" Not get some perspective- that sounds the correct word, in that context. Though for the life of me I don't understand what they meant. Probably incandescent with rage at he who shall not be mentioned any more (PLEASE) got booted off.
    glad we are getting back to a proper forum one again- the one I have read for years, but never contributed to, until this unwanted" slagging off" became an issue for me.
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, dear, dear...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sullymo wrote: »
    diamond doll we were told to " get some proportion in our lives" Not get some perspective- that sounds the correct word, in that context. Though for the life of me I don't understand what they meant. Probably incandescent with rage at he who shall not be mentioned any more (PLEASE) got booted off.
    glad we are getting back to a proper forum one again- the one I have read for years, but never contributed to, until this unwanted" slagging off" became an issue for me.

Woooops.:o

Got the wrong word but I stand by the fact that personal comments to other fms are against the t&cs.:mad:

Anyway now you are a poster, you are free to use the 'ignore' button.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening everyone, I will be back later *waves*
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Good evening everyone, I will be back later *waves*

Hi , I will be back later too and I was loving the forum as much as the show .Not so much now though with the endless Nathan talk .If it starts again I will just watch the TV !
    I am hoping for a bit of acting now to help us decide , but not holding my breath on that
    Forum Member
    I think I posted this before, but not having seen the play before, I think it would be nice to see some bits from it.
    Would allow viewers like me to get a real taste also a chance to see more stage presence and acting.
    Maybe that will happen tonight as it's the finals.
    Forum Member
    I hope you like it, 5Captains. The stage play is so much better than the film...I think they sorted the melodies of the songs out which weren't so defined in the 1973 film, and made the songs all stand out and be memorable. It's a rock opera so there is no talking,,..
    Forum Member
    LaniGrey wrote: »
    I hope you like it, 5Captains. The stage play is so much better than the film...I think they sorted the melodies of the songs out which weren't so defined in the 1973 film, and made the songs all stand out and be memorable. It's a rock opera so there is no talking,,..

No talking, I didn't know that.
    I recently saw Rock of Ages with my husband and liked it, him more than me as he knew the songs and bands etc. I'm hoping to get him tickets to this for his birthday as I think he'll like it.

He's following the show and does not mind any of the finalists performing it. We've seen other ALW musicals and I trust he knows what he's doing..:D