Miranda series 4

Comments

• User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing some study upstairs and could hear the incessant shrieking from the programme, came down with about 10 mins left (Stevie with her two face masks of Heather Small and Gary Barlow), I enjoyed what I saw for the final part, was most impressed to see dominic coleman in there, always liked him.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Oh and loved seeing Dominic Coleman back in it, he's great

His brilliant in Trollied as Nevell
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Penny dressed as the coathook!
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While there's never been any doubt that Gary and Miranda will get together, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked Miranda with Mike. I didn't like the way things ended between them. First off, when there were those fantasy sequences where Miranda was comparing her feelings to Mike to those for Gary - it made her seem quite shallow and it came across like she preferred Gary only because he's better looking/sexier. Also, it didn't make sense that Mike would take a job in Africa when he thought Miranda was in love with him, and just seemed a cop out so that Miranda didn't have to look bad dumping him. I did enjoy Gary Barlow's cameo and Dominic Coleman was great.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh. Sad to see so many people think Miranda wouldn't be able to get a guy like Gary in real life. The insinuation being that she is unattractive compared to him. I think Miranda is attractive - she just not the type of beauty the media likes to tell us is beautiful.

Gary is a bit of a wimp, but a cutie. The point is - the characters get each other, always have a laugh together and have chemistry.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ClareB wrote: »
    While there's never been any doubt that Gary and Miranda will get together, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked Miranda with Mike. I didn't like the way things ended between them. First off, when there were those fantasy sequences where Miranda was comparing her feelings to Mike to those for Gary - it made her seem quite shallow and it came across like she preferred Gary only because he's better looking/sexier. Also, it didn't make sense that Mike would take a job in Africa when he thought Miranda was in love with him, and just seemed a cop out so that Miranda didn't have to look bad dumping him. I did enjoy Gary Barlow's cameo and Dominic Coleman was great.

I agree the whole Mike thing didn't make sense. He has been quite open about his feelings - but he just suddenly decides to go to Africa effectively ending the relationship just like that?

And what did he want to talk to her father about - and why did Penny say he was going to propose? It was a bit odd.

I also like seeing Miranda and Mike together - I think he was good for her. And he just told her how he felt - Gary is a bit useless sometimes. However - couldn't see them lasting :)

Come on Gary! You've got ONE episode to get your act together!
  • YorkshireFanYorkshireFan Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    sorry, just don't 'get' Miranda at all........
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing episode, was laughing all the way through it pretty much!
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Me and the wife went to see this being recorded late last year and frankly I think we got one of the best of this series (so far anyway).

They managed to set the scenes up so most of the audience didn't see the Penny hiding in the coat rack or Dominic Coleman hiding under the sheet bits ahead of the reveals. We weren't told who the guest stars were ahead of time and we were asked to keep it secret after, though both were revealed by the BBC way ahead of the broadcast.

Like most sitcoms the sets always look smaller than in the programme and apparently the shop set is the Absolutely Fabulous kitchen redressed.

I remember when we saw the trailer for the first series and thought it looked absolutely dreadful. Then we stumbled over a repeat of the first episode and was hooked.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh its weird. Also, he's a baaad actor. He just shows up, reads his lines and goes home...
    Gives no character...

You should stick around for 'Mrs Brown's Boys' straight after 'Miranda' - that's choc-full of people sitting around reading lines aloud.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a pretty hectic episode. I enjoyed the bit with the geese.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Alberon wrote: »
    Like most sitcoms the sets always look smaller than in the programme and apparently the shop set is the Absolutely Fabulous kitchen redressed.

:eek: It is isn't it? It seems so obvious now but I would never have made the connection myself.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    Me and the wife went to see this being recorded late last year and frankly I think we got one of the best of this series (so far anyway).

They managed to set the scenes up so most of the audience didn't see the Penny hiding in the coat rack or Dominic Coleman hiding under the sheet bits ahead of the reveals. We weren't told who the guest stars were ahead of time and we were asked to keep it secret after, though both were revealed by the BBC way ahead of the broadcast.

I remember when we saw the trailer for the first series and thought it looked absolutely dreadful. Then we stumbled over a repeat of the first episode and was hooked.

I love interesting little tid-bits of information like this.

Laughing alot at Miranda, I think it's hilarious.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    kat180 wrote: »
    Sigh. Sad to see so many people think Miranda wouldn't be able to get a guy like Gary in real life. The insinuation being that she is unattractive compared to him. I think Miranda is attractive - she just not the type of beauty the media likes to tell us is beautiful.

Gary is a bit of a wimp, but a cutie. The point is - the characters get each other, always have a laugh together and have chemistry.

I think that's making presumptions about what people think.
    I think this:
    Yeah I think there is a mis-match there.
    The idea is that while Gary is obviously way out of Miranda's league looks-wise, they are kindred spirits in quirkiness, and they 'get' each other.

Trouble is, Tom Ellis can't really play a quirky guy.
    You can tell he's an uber-cool guy doing his best.

Miranda and Mike seemed really sweet together, and I think would have made a better couple!

I think it's perfectly possible, but I really don't think Gary comes across as being quirky or that he and the Miranda character have chemsitry. Perhaps that is down to the acting?
    I don't know.
    Miranda and Mike seemed to really fit together and get each other. When he said he loved her at the dinner party it was really sweet.
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i also agree that mike and miranda are better together. If only cos the actor is more convincing (in a typical 'Miranda' over the top way) than the actor that plays gary. But hey, it's a comedy show, so everything goes apparently. Maybe she needs someone else, not gary or mike, maybe she should become lesbian, that would be interesting lolll
    Or maybe, the will they wont they premise is just exhausted now.....its not well written even though i love the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    The Miranda/Gary story reminds me of the Ross/Rachel story in Friends. If they get together it will need to be the end of the series.
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I think it will be. The whole series has been gearing up to this and it will probably be the end of the show.

Part of me is sad at that, but on the other hand I don't want it to be one of those shows ( I'm looking at you Only Fools And Horses and Royle Family) that goes on and on past where it should have ended.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    There's no way Gary would even look at Miranda unless she won the Euromillions or something, in real life he's married to Tamzin Outhwaite.

It's not real life, it's a sitcom.
    And one really shouldn't show a love of American wrestling on these forums if one wants to ridicule others for watching "sub par panto". Such fun.

I agree. Goodbye Mr Kahn.

Why are you apologising? :confused:
    :eek: It is isn't it? It seems so obvious now but I would never have made the connection myself.

:D I agree, so obvious but would never have guessed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't much of a fan of the first series at all but after rewatching them on DVD really got into it.

The current season has some wonderful laugh-out-loud moments and thats what it's all about :)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    When you say 'back in it' has he been in it before?
    Just wondered as I can't recall and Miranda and Stevie didn't know his name even.

He was in Series 1 Episode 5 (exactly 2 series ago) as a random shop person who was made to think etc Miranda asked him to pretend to be his boyfriend to stop Penny hosting a party to find her a boyfriend, but he was gay, which was when Miranda pretended to be lesbian with Stevie
    burneside wrote: »
    He played exactly the same part in an episode from series one. It did seem very odd that Miranda and Stevie didn't recognise him again.

Exactly, I hope they make him a regular, he fits in so well
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    His brilliant in Trollied as Nevell

Unfortunately I've never seen trollied, will have to watch it (doesn't it have Tom Ellis, Sally Phillips and Cheryl Fergison in it or is that another Sky comedy?)
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary Barlow's smug face spoiled the episode a bit for me. The rest was OK.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    The Miranda/Gary story reminds me of the Ross/Rachel story in Friends. If they get together it will need to be the end of the series.

Reminds me more of Sonia and Jamie in Eastenders :D
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else think that Patricia Hodge was finding it difficult to keep a straight face during the coatstand part?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Gary Barlow's smug face spoiled the episode a bit for me. The rest was OK.

Aww bless, i thought he was looking overwhelmed not smug.
    I think he's a nice bloke.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    My favourite so far! Laughed from start to finish. Can't wait to see what happens next week :)