Options

Most famous person you have met?

Comments

• Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    An American friend of mine dated The Hoff back when he used to drink a lot. She said he used to invite her over to his house whilst he got ready, then stick on a DVD of one of his concerts for her to watch whilst he was in the shower or whatever. Unsurprisingly, the relationship didn't last :D

You're joking right? That sounds like something out of a sketch show rather than something that actually happens 😂
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Difficult to judge but I think Chris Evert is a serious contender because I guess she will be known all around the world.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?
    Even after the monumentally sick faux-pas when he "joked" about the beheading of British hostage Ken Bigley?

Yes :kitty:
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    George McCrae :D:D:D
  • Options
    ZimmieZimmie Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?
    Even after the monumentally sick faux-pas when he "joked" about the beheading of British hostage Ken Bigley?
    Jees that's going back a bit, i remember there were alot of beheadings at time, really a major thing, now all of the poor people forgotten.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Palin
    Tracy Emin
    Chris Martin
  • Options
    Rugby manRugby man Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met a handful of the EastEnders cast at a charity match at Selhurst Park.

A cousin of mine worked as a crotch consultant on the recently made spiderman film.
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooo, I forgot Jeffrey and Mary Archer in the rainforest biome at the Eden Project. That surely trumps Brian Cant.
  • Options
    GayAtheistGayAtheist Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (went to school with her). Also met Dawn French and Lenny Henry when they were a couple back in Dawn's homeland (which happens to mine too!).
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Michael Palin
    Tracy Emin
    Chris Martin

In other words, the 'in-crowd'!
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audrey Roberts from Coronation Street maybe, saw her twice actually.

or Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford, Den Watts Eastenders, Mandy Dingle Emmerdale, Jamie Baldwin.

To be fair, if you go to Premier League football games you see about 40 famous people straight off
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Katherine Jenkins

David Attenborough

Gillian Anderson, though we never spoke

I've bumped into Joe Pasquale three times on a train and all three times he looked depressed - the third time he was carrying a bin liner filled with stuff.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanna Lumley
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy Walker
  • Options
    open-armsopen-arms Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Back in 1995, I was presented with an award and shaken hands with Mike Elliott (boxing coach in the film Billy Elliot).

In 2002, I have shaken hands with Lord (David) Putnam during my graduation ceremony. He was Chancellor of the University of Sunderland at the time.

I walked past Paddy McDee from BBC Look North / Radio Newcastle when he was presenting for the Peterlee Gala quite a number of years ago.

Got a lovely email from Tyne Tees Weatherman Bob Johnson.

My mum met Gary Lineker quite a few times. He sometimes visited the Walker's Crisp Factory in Peterlee and my mum showed him around. I have a photo of my mum with Gary.

My Gran knew Ridley Scott very well as is from South Shields, near to where my Gran lived.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a few politicians: Tony Benn, Michael Foot, Ken Livingstone, Mo Mowlem, Denis Healey, James Callaghan and, by way of redressing the balance, Kenneth (now Lord) Baker.

Met David Essex in Debenhams in Oxford Street. He was looking at lampshades.

Regularly see Arthur Brown and Mark Williams, as they both live in the same town as me. They're both very nice, and Mark Williams always stops to say hello to the dogs if they're with me.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can honestly say that i've never "met" anyone famous. the guy who used to the sport on Grampian TV used to do his shopping in our tesco. /that's it.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i presume by 'met' you mean talked too as opposed to seeing in the street..

well here in derby you dont often bump into celebs! lol

my claim to fame (which isnt very impressive) is meeting edwina curry..... she was the local mp in the late 80's and visited my open garden.

other then that, ive worked for geofrey boswell..... lol.. naturalist who had a tv seriese in the 70's.

and i know a composer of musical scores, whos work includes the music for bbc tv's 'galapagos'.

oh, just remembered...i met 'agnes' off bbcs 'the village' last year, local girl chloe harris, so if she makes it 'big' in the future then im claiming it! :D
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duncan bannatyne, Clare Balding, Alyson Hammond, various actors from hollyoaks (standard for anyone from Liverpool).
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not me personally, but my parents have met with, and effectively dined with, the Queen. My Dad was in the Foreign Office and we were living abroad, the Queen was doing one of her visits and that's how that happened.

My Dad's played jazz piano with several famous (in the world of jazz) people - Cleo Laine and Johnny Dankworth are two I can recall, I'm not a big fan of the genre so I can't recall other names.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roger Moore. I was working in a department store at the time and he came in to buy a Cartier pen.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God.

Although He didn't say anything and blended into the background really well, actually you would hardly think He was there at all.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Baker when he was a presenter on the Really Wild Show
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy Beadle.
  • Options
    ukpukp Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    I go to loads of TV show recordings and get to speak to many of the "stars" and I think the most famous (in my eyes) has to be Liza Minelli when she was performing on the alan titchmarsh show a while back.

My second favourite is Anthony Daniels who was very nice and it's great to see he is going to be famous again.