Please stop torturing us with Lisa Riley!

13»

Comments

• missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the powers that be ever read these boards? If so please stop the endless pimping of Lisa Riley. Tonight's ITT was ruined by her endless quiz - I literally switched off - and we are threatened with more! Am I alone in loathing a) mindless quizzes instead of training info or talking to the pros (Erin and Katya were great) and b) being subjected yet more funnity fun from Lisa Riley who is an appalling 'presenter'?

Luckily I recorded it so I was able to fast forward after the first minute, which was about as much as I could stand. Perhaps in someone else's hands the quiz may have been better, but I just cannot watch her on anything.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's also a question of availability/willingness? Lisa Riley does seem to be a genuine fan of the show and wants to stay involved whereas I think many do their stint and then move on.

Have to say I feel a bit sorry for her coming in for all this flack - I didn't warm to either her or Russell Grant's "desperate to be on SCD" personas but I didn't find either of them as annoying as, say, Lulu who clearly didn't bother practising at all most of the time.
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    I got the impression it was an emergency filler brought in to take the place of Waite's Wednesday Warm Up when he was unavoidably detained somewhere. So we may never see it again- fingers crossed.

A live show has to have pre-recorded stuff to cover any disasters. Although why it can't be training VTs I'll never know.
  • Three Left FeetThree Left Feet Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Erin and Katya to Lisa Riley really is the best example of the sublime to the ridiculous I can think of.

Sublime is an apt word to describe the two examples of physical perfection that are Erin and Katya. I've missed them both badly since their respective departures and now need a cold showing after watching them on iPlayer. :D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the powers that be ever read these boards? If so please stop the endless pimping of Lisa Riley. Tonight's ITT was ruined by her endless quiz - I literally switched off - and we are threatened with more! Am I alone in loathing a) mindless quizzes instead of training info or talking to the pros (Erin and Katya were great) and b) being subjected yet more funnity fun from Lisa Riley who is an appalling 'presenter'?

no, you are definately NOT alone!

thankfully I didnt see last nights ITT, I wont bother catching it on I-player now I know Lisa is on
  • crannyfaddockcrannyfaddock Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    I wonder if she has a contract with BBC and this kind of filler is what she is being used for?
    I was a bit worried to see her audition with Robin last week but horrified at last nights sorry excuse :o
    I don't hate her, I just don't want to watch another talentless person do a job they are not qualified to do!!
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if she has a contract with BBC and this kind of filler is what she is being used for?
    I was a bit worried to see her audition with Robin last week but horrified at last nights sorry excuse :o
    I don't hate her, I just don't want to watch another talentless person do a job they are not qualified to do!!
    I heard on the grapevine Dale Winton is being lined up as a 'filler' on ITT

BRING ON THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAALTZ :D
  • LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    I switched off too, cannot stand the woman. Loud, brash, dreadful.
    No more please.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is with ITT as SCD nears the end there are less couples to fill the sofa every night so more annoying fillers!
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the impression it was an emergency filler brought in to take the place of Waite's Wednesday Warm Up when he was unavoidably detained somewhere. So we may never see it again- fingers crossed.

A live show has to have pre-recorded stuff to cover any disasters. Although why it can't be training VTs I'll never know.

And why does it have to be live? It isn't serious breaking news or even the weather.

Yes training VTs would have been great. There are seven of them so they have several days of content every week.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apparently Ian was filming the opening of the Christmas Special on Wednesday, so it wasn't a case of that ghastly quiz being an emergency filler. And as Lisa said the winner of last nights quiz now goes through to the semi-final, there is obviously going to be more episodes. Thank goodness for Sky+ and FF!
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop, Isn't it?
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid that the superfan quiz has several more weeks to run!

I'm friends with Julie who was on last night, and there were 3 or 4 pairs and they filmed several rounds.... This round, a semi final and a final, alas she can't say who won!
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame because I might actually be vaguely interested in watching the Strictly superfan quiz, but because Lisa Riley is presenting it I can't find the fast forward button quick enough!
  • EugenieEugenie Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audience research must suggest that she is popular with a wide audience. She just isn't as popular with many people who post on here. :p

Do you think that's why she's on or more because she fits the bill as "big fun girl" and all that anti only skinny women on TV thing... a very token hire.

I find those pathetic sketches a real trun off, especially when there is not that much time to talk to the couples, pros, Friday panel etc.! It;s just insulting.

I will sign any petition to get Lisa off!
  • zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    thengp12 wrote: »
    Lisa also outstayed her welcome on SCD I would have far rather seen more dances from Michael and Nicky. At least they had some talent to get 9s a score Lisa never got. And for me they were more fun to watch than Lisa Funnity fun fun. Besides I DONT ever want Robin back his choreo is awful and if I have to watch another VT with him tits out in a stupid vest top I will kick my TV in I could cope with Artem doing it because you know a good dance will come out of it Trent is fine and I don't want him to be Like Anya and be here for one series. I also love his choreo and awkwardness in front of the TV.

I don't think a anyone as Leeched of SCD than her. She only lasted that long due to leaderboard placement and blatant over marking hell Alison at least got a 4 the lowest Lisa ever scored was 25 or was it 26 IDK which is shocking

:) Thank god Im not the only person who thinks that!! Book them both into the Twilight Home for the Terminally Tedious immediately!
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We switched off too. Funnity fun with Lisa is definitely not my choice for early evening viewing.
    That 'quiz' just went on and on and...(switched off).... WHY?
    Setting up a change.org petition as we speak.
    Nice one :)
    curvybabes wrote: »
    :o I didn't know they were best friends, there's not that many people on tv that I really dislike but they are two of them
    Lisa and Anthony.... dreadful the pair of them!
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always turn off when Riley comes on. Can't dance, not funny nor the least bit entertaining.
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree.. The woman is so cheesey. Why is she being used on ITT?

She's not funny and was never a good dancer.... Please stop using her!
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Russell Grant! Riley also makes me switch over.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    :o I didn't know they were best friends, there's not that many people on tv that I really dislike but they are two of them

:o....Not....Anthony (ya no wot I mean).... Cotton.......... It got on my nerves on Saturday night when he was in the audience and the camera kept homing in on him!.............:(

wazzyboy wrote: »
    Quiz was cringe and doubt a different host would matter.

No I don't think so either!...... i'm not interested in a quiz and I switched off my mind when it was on as well.........................
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    :o....Not....Anthony (ya no wot I mean).... Cotton.......... It got on my nerves on Saturday night when he was in the audience and the camera kept homing in on him!.............:(

Oops........ I was thinking of ....Anthony... 'ya no what I mean'... Costa!...... :blush:..
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree.. The woman is so cheesey. Why is she being used on ITT?

She's not funny and was never a good dancer.... Please stop using her!

They are not using her, she's using them! :D