Options

Love Island

Comments

• Options
    worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    “They almost laid it on a plate for me that if I wasn’t going to say that I liked Luis my days in there were numbered,”

“To be honest, I think the fact that I didn’t really push it, I didn’t pursue things with Luis, are the reasons I’m sat here right now."

Is Danielle implying that the public vote was rigged or that Jonathan and Hannah were told to vote off her and Chris B by the producers?

I am a bit shocked, perhaps naively, about how scripted this show is.

Another thing I don't understand is why reality show producers are so coy around whether a show is part-scripted or not. If they think viewers prefer the shows to not be at all scripted why do they script them? Ultimately their job is to produce content the majority of viewers want to see.

I've looked at the credits and it does mention the scriptwriter (as well as several 'reality directors' and a psychologist therapist :D ) so I guess they're not concealing that it's part-scripted just not exactly shouting it from the rooftops.
  • Options
    rovermacrovermac Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    “They almost laid it on a plate for me that if I wasn’t going to say that I liked Luis my days in there were numbered,”

“To be honest, I think the fact that I didn’t really push it, I didn’t pursue things with Luis, are the reasons I’m sat here right now."

Is Danielle implying that the public vote was rigged or that Jonathan and Hannah were told to vote off her and Chris B by the producers?

Another thing I don't understand is why reality show producers are so coy around whether a show is part-scripted or not. If they think viewers prefer the shows to not be at all scripted why do they script them? Ultimately their job is to produce content the majority of viewers want to see.

I've looked at the credits and it does mention the scriptwriter (as well as several 'reality directors' and a psychologist therapist :D ) so I guess they're not concealing that it's part-scripted just not exactly shouting it from the rooftops.

I am not sure they would dare rig votes after the scandal of a few years back when they were still taking money for competitions that had already been decided. However i am not sure if any money changes hands in this show.
    As for Jonathan being told what to do, if that Muppet can act that well, he is in the wrong game.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind it being scripted if only they were straight up about it!
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I assumed her first comment/s meant that if she had pretended to be in a couple they would have probably lasted longer. People who are just friends and not doing anything particularly interesting are far more likely to be voted off by the public and the 'power couple'. I don't think the votes are rigged.

Having said that I am unsure about the great point someone raised earlier with the prize being the message from John's parents... it seemed they'd managed to set that up pretty quick. I'm not sure what time voting closed in that show; maybe they had a good indication it would be them from voting results thus far and had some kind of back up plan if it was one of the others. I noticed the pod said it was for viewing external messages and seeing internal stuff too - I wondered if they were going to show what had been said about them by others for example.

Anyway, on the script writer front - to be honest I'd assume that meant someone writing the script for the host and voice overs, rather than the contestants. When the contestants are told to say something I wouldn't say it's scripted (presumably they don't say things word for word?) but rather that they're being forced to act out scenarios (such as 'take Luis to the side, ask him about his feelings'). But maybe that's the meaning of scripted in reality TV :confused:
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Love Island will be coming back judging by last week's ratings. Also the show is braindead tat, like the original, where all that seems to happen is people doss about on a free holiday and try to pull each other.
  • Options
    Mad MaxMad Max Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I wouldn't go that far. He just needs a neck, that's all.

Funny.. Proper hump lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have missed any last I seen two newbies were due in??
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Mad Max wrote: »
    I have missed any last I seen two newbies were due in??

You've missed nothing, for some reason they put two new people in then don't have another show on for the next two days :confused:
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've missed nothing, for some reason they put two new people in then don't have another show on for the next two days :confused:

Saw a clip earlier today. Everything is not rosy in there :D
  • Options
    GabrielPGabrielP Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who actually likes this show?

Naomi is gorgeous and very sneaky. She would be brilliant on Big Brother! Jess, although unlikeable, makes very good TV as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I don't think Love Island will be coming back judging by last week's ratings. Also the show is braindead tat, like the original, where all that seems to happen is people doss about on a free holiday and try to pull each other.

It is such a shame. I want Love Island to come back next year but the ratings and promotion is poor! And no-one's interested.:(
  • Options
    oceaniaoceania Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GabrielP wrote: »
    Am I the only one who actually likes this show?

Naomi is gorgeous and very sneaky. She would be brilliant on Big Brother! Jess, although unlikeable, makes very good TV as well!

Nooo I love it ....... not interested in conspiracy theories thoroughly enjoying it. Shame it may not return ... Can't wait for tonight:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oceania wrote: »
    Nooo I love it ....... not interested in conspiracy theories thoroughly enjoying it. Shame it may not return ... Can't wait for tonight:)

Another one here who's loving it.

I dont care either if I'm honest. I just love watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celeb one was miles better Jayne Middlemass meltdown
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know if this is gonna come back for another series?
  • Options
    ChuhChuh Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How difficult is it for Jon the gob to remember that Beth is called Beth?!
  • Options
    GabrielPGabrielP Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Why does the public like Jonathan? He's like a 14 year old gossipy girl and thinks he's the King of the villa. Can't stand him!
  • Options
    worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Jonathan getting involved in everyone else's business and relishing in being a shit-stirrer as usual. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure about Beth. A bit gobby for my liking.

But....am loving the drama she's creating. She clearly got briefed to go in there and stir it up. But its good tv!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that Beth is feisty but surely that is off-putting for the boys?! I'd be surprised if Luis went after her now, especially as he's said he doesn't like Jess' atittude and behaviour in the past
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im loving Naomi
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Chris Rock's sequence is proven AGAIN..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaOUnwfD1dQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the new boy already?!
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Please can the new girl get booted out, what a nasty piece of work!
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Am i bovvered?" We have real-life Lauren Coopers now..
This discussion has been closed.