Cineworld Unlimited Premium.

PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recently got an email where Cineworld are kindly upgrading me up to premium membership for no extra charge.

But no where do they tell you what the benefits of Cineworld Unlimited Premium is over the standard membership that you usually get.

So I was curious is anyone a premium member and what benefits have you found you got for this new card?

I mean I get in to all the films I want to for free (apart from 3D) and I get 10% off food now, so I can't really see what else they can do to give you better benefits.

Comments

• mikerrmikerr Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I received this email too today, but it looks like they haven't updated their website with any details yet ;)

There are still just the old 2 unlimited card plans listed:

14.99 unlimited excluding london west end
    17.99 unlimited including london west end

With more and more 3D films, I wonder if (and hope) the new "premium card" will include those in the price.

Currently all films are free except 3D films - we have to pay £1.50 for a 3D film.
  • AcornatiAcornati Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I received the email too, also curious as to what the extras will be. I wondered maybe being able to pre-book, sure someone mentioned they were bringing that in. Hope it's something good!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious too - hopefully we'll find out soon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    The email I received said it was launching in November
  • bvmjainbvmjain Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    If you follow cineworld on twitter, you will see that they are quite active there & have indicated that they will be providing more information,as soon as details have been finalised.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    aw, I didn't get an e-mail :( but to be fair I've only been a member for a couple of months.

I hope it isn't the ability to pre-book that is limited only to premium members, that would suck for me (yes I'm that selfish :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    anyone who has an unlimited card can already pre-book via their website, ive done it myself.
  • joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine this morning! Exciting! I think it'll be 3-D films for no extra charge, DBOX for cheaper, pre-booking films and maybe an extra 5% off on food and drink, making it 15%.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Got the email, updated my details, now just gonna wait to see what I get.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I updated the info on line too - got told my card was slightly damaged and needed to get it replaced and thought initally thats what this email was about.
    I did find it very funny that I should upgrade to this wonderful "premium service" without going into any detail at all what Premium Service actually was :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    anyone who has an unlimited card can already pre-book via their website, ive done it myself.

How do you do that?
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I updated the info on line too - got told my card was slightly damaged and needed to get it replaced and thought initally thats what this email was about.
    I did find it very funny that I should upgrade to this wonderful "premium service" without going into any detail at all what Premium Service actually was :D

I too found it funny, it was why I started the thread. I mean they are giving us the free upgrade now but next year they might want to start charging us for this premium service, and if all we get is a half price meal at Gourmet Burger or something I would rather do without. So I would really have liked to know what I am signing up for :)
    joeseeks wrote: »
    I got mine this morning! Exciting! I think it'll be 3-D films for no extra charge, DBOX for cheaper, pre-booking films and maybe an extra 5% off on food and drink, making it 15%.

I would definitely like the no extra charge on 3D and I would like the 15% off food, it would make cinema a cheap trip indeed. I haven't got a clue about DBOX and I have never needed to pre-book anything at my local cinema so I have never needed this service.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Is there a generic link to update my details for a card? I suspect the email address they have for me is long gone, seeing as I signed up for the card originally with UGC about 10 years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I also received this offer to upgrade my card, I've been thinking in the past few months about cancelling my card, but I'm curious what this premium service offers.

Does anyone know if I opt into upgrade, whether it'll mean I'm locked in for another 12 months or if I'll still have the ability in the next 6 months to cancel?

Peter
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I updated everything yesterday though I did wonder what I as signing up to! It was a good opportunityto update my photo anyway as the one on my card has faded so much you can't make it out.

If its free 3D and more off the food & drink that's not bad as most of the specials outside of Cineworld are no good to me as they're for restaurants that have no outlets in this area.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    maybe free into imax? or do we get that already?
  • cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had the email, waiting for a replacement card at the moment...not allowed in cineworld until I get it which is pretty frustrating...
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Unlimited premium will be 3D included in the monthly price and a further discount on IMAX/D-Box/food etc I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce a lower priced Unlimited Card for new members.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Got my email today, hoping its 3D but also the ability to use the express machines to purchase tickets. At the moment can only use the tills which is annoying when there are long queues, will wait and see.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you do this? I hate having to queue up when I could easily pick up my pre-order tickets from the machine, especially on Orange Wednesdays.

Also, check your spam folder if you didn't get it. I found mine in there on my Gmail account.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen on the Cineworld twitter saying that if you've had the card 12+ months you will get upgraded.

Not as exclusive as I thought it would have been, as I'm sure most customers have had it over a year. Would have been nice if there was a Gold version or something for those of us who have had one for years to reward us for our loyalty with even more rewards.

Assuming that is what the card is going to be....
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Just seen on the Cineworld twitter saying that if you've had the card 12+ months you will get upgraded.

Not as exclusive as I thought it would have been, as I'm sure most customers have had it over a year. Would have been nice if there was a Gold version or something for those of us who have had one for years to reward us for our loyalty with even more rewards.

Assuming that is what the card is going to be....

I have had an unlimited card for 12 years but so far no E mail about the upgrade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I have had an unlimited card for 12 years but so far no E mail about the upgrade.

Check your spam folder, mine was in there.

Also they say on twitter the emails are going out over the next 2 weeks.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I had heard about the Unlimited Premium card on twitter so I thought I had better phone up the helpline to check my personal details.Good job I did as they had my old address and also didnt hold a email address for me as ive had my card for 10 years.So I would advise other people to check with Cineworld that they have got your correct details as after I updated my details they told me I would get the email on Monday!
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is nonsense. There is no option to do that.