Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 19)

1225226227228229231»

Comments

• NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I'm with Jakobjoe. Hollyoaks has been rubbish since Brendan left.

Nah, its actually moved on really nicely which has surprised me. :)
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I'm with Jakobjoe. Hollyoaks has been rubbish since Brendan left.

:rolleyes: Stop watching then. You probably only watched it for Brendan in the first place:yawn:
    I love Sienna. :D

She's a brilliant character and as I don't like Nancy I'm on her side.

She's evil but realistically evil and very likeable unlike certain villains from the past.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Great cliffhanger from last nights hollyoaks, Sienna keeps getting better they have a wonderful actress on hollyoaks. Anna Passey plays Sienna very well, the storys with Sienna are great and keeps getting interesting.
  • Winchester_Winchester_ Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    unknown17 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Stop watching then. You probably only watched it for Brendan in the first place:yawn:

The show went on for 15 years before Brendan. People need to stop pretending he was anything more than a villain who got popular because he's hot (Warren, anyone?).
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show went on for 15 years before Brendan. People need to stop pretending he was anything more than a villain who got popular because he's hot (Warren, anyone?).

Well said:)
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member

From what I recall lulu has been a long-term viewer. I'd hate to see her go. She's entitled to think what she wants. I disagree tbh, I think it's been really good recently but i'm not gonna be dismissive of other people's views because I disagree with them.

I don't think that is the case. He got popular because an exceptional actor played an interesting character. The fact that he's easy on the eye probably piqued an interest in some people but it's not why anyone would stay interested. For example Danny Mac just won sexiest male at the soap awards, how much of a fanbase does Dodger have?

I personally love Brendan but I do think it's silly how much people make out he saved Hollyoaks or was the best thing to ever happen to it because as I have been watching since the first episode I know that it not the case and it does strike me as ridiculous that people who weren't even born when it started make these claims. It's also clearly a better show right now than it has been since the last time BK was in charge and that would have been the case with or without all the big characters we've lost.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    The way Sienna looked after being hit by Nancy shocked, a little scared, couldn't think of much to say other then lying made me think could Patrick used to hit her allot when Sienna was not in his control while being raised by him when she was a child.

I do think she was mistreated by him, in some way, when she was younger.
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really hope it's not Browning - he's such a fantastic character, I'd be gutted if he left so soon. I'm hoping it's Will and if not, Theresa.

Will's downfall has already begun with Ash seeing him standing up. It's only a matter of time before she blabs (even though she likes Will). So I can definitely see it being him!

Hmm I'm in two minds about whether I want it to be Browning or not. Overall I'm in the camp of wanting it to be him though, simply because Mercedes is so smug about him not being found out, which is really turning me off the whole thing. Additionally, if it is Browning, then there's a lot of mileage that can be made from it (Mercedes self destructing etc.) plot wise.

As for Will's downfall - yes, I can see where you're coming from. However, to be blunt, most of the characters involved in that storyline are thick (or compromised in Anna's case - if she told the truth who'd believe her?) so I can see this dragging on for some time.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member

Brendan was an amazing character, but the obsession over him is quite creepy. He's just a fictional character.
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, now that may well be the case (I don't really think it is) but regardless - it's not the place of anyone on here to tell someone else on here whether they should or should not watch, just because we happen to disagree with them.
    Brendan was an amazing character, but the obsession over him is quite creepy. He's just a fictional character.

Couldn't agree more... well, I probably could, but it would be creepy of me to do so :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised it's not being noted, but a couple of months ago Hollyoaks struggled to go top 20 on the channel 4 ratings.

09. Hollyoaks (MON)
    11. Hollyoaks (TUE)
    19. Hollyoaks (WED)
    22. Hollyoaks (THU)

It's also SLAYING on E4 Ratings

04. Hollyoaks
    06. Hollyoaks
    08. Hollyoaks
    09. Hollyoaks.
  • RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Did anyone spot the girls from People Like Us appearing as Holly's sidekicks?

Who? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lost boy wrote: »
    Does Claire know - apparently so. It's been discussed somewhere in this thread, although I can't remember how it came up, either on here or on air. I presume it came up (on air) round about the time Browning tried to strangle her in her hotel room (during the 'kidnap') before Jim walked in on them, but I could be wrong on that.

Browning told Claire that he killed for Mercedes, though he never told Claire it was Lynsey he killed. If it is Claire, perhaps she's done some homework whilst she's been away?
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    npd6900 wrote: »
    Browning told Claire that he killed for Mercedes, though he never told Claire it was Lynsey he killed. If it is Claire, perhaps she's done some homework whilst she's been away?
    Possibly, but how would she know what the scarf that he strangled Lynsey with was like?
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I do think she was mistreated by him, in some way, when she was younger.

Patrick can handle males, when it comes to females Patrick gets angry and turns voilent if they embrass him or they get out of his control.

Patrick done allot of bad things to Anna, she gone for now but theres still allot to be learned from Anna's past.

Sienna his daughter been around him all her life however Patrick raised her and treated Sienna it's effected her mind and sainty. Sienna scared of Patrick and trys not to cross him, she has some of Patricks behaviour and dark nature in herself but Patrick most be allot worser then Sienna is. If Patrick has killed Kevin then he may do it again. Sienna done allot of crazy things one thing she hasn't done and lets hope not kill anyone that line hasn't been crossed yet but if Nancy or others really get in her way or get on her nerves anything could happen once Sienna set off who knows what she'll do and far she take it to get rid of problems that came her way.

Maxine crossing Patrick, seeing him get angry and voilent when he loses control over Maxine. Patrick seems to have a voilent nature towards females.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Think this is one of the longest general threads the mods dont seem to be bothered closing it
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    Who? :confused:

BBC Three documentary about a town near Manchester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0100b56/profiles/residents

The two girls from episode 1 appeared as Holly's friends.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.