'Football/Sports coverage that can be viewed on freesat, updated weekly!'

Comments

• davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »
    You do not need a Sky subscription. Just an active Sky viewing card.

There appears to be a major confusion over this as at present reports indicate that registrations online for "free" BT Sports option are only accepting valid subcription card numbers and not just active card numbers (cancelled sub cards) - whether genuine FreesatFromSky card numbers are accepted I do not know. As I stated it appears that BT are using Sky's address database to check validity of free option and cancelled subscription cards disappear from that database after 12 months maximum.

It all depends on what BT mean by an "active" card - to Sky an active card is one that appears on their databases (subscription and probably FreesatfromSky) and a cancelled sub card is not an active card although to the viewer as it still decodes FTV channels he considers it active. Cancelled sub card do NOT revert to FSFS cards they merely continue decrypting FTV channels and are not (and have never been) subject to other FSFS conditions such as entitlement to replacement when cards change and it appears the addition of other subscription services to them. How exactly are Sky subscriber services (who broadcast the entitlement changes to cards) supposed to broadcast to a card that does not exist on their databases?
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could just be people who bought FSFS cards on eBay cheaply who are having problems. Like you say, the address information wouldn't match.

I phoned BT yesterday and they specifically said those without a Sky subscription could get it as long as they have a Sky box with a valid card.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could just be people who bought FSFS cards on eBay cheaply who are having problems. Like you say, the address information wouldn't match.

I phoned BT yesterday and they specifically said those without a Sky subscription could get it as long as they have a Sky box with a valid card.

No the complaints I have seen come from those with cancelled subscription cards. Note also the additional info in the edit to my post.

If I remember correctl a similar problem occured when Setanta started up and tried applying their sub to Non sub/non FSFS cards and people had to have new FSFS cards to solve the problem.
  • peter05peter05 Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has this to do with this thread, Just another attempt by a couple of sky poster's to ruin this thread, come on mod's stop this type of intrusion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peter05 wrote: »
    What has this to do with this thread, Just another attempt by a couple of sky poster's to ruin this thread, come on mod's stop this type of intrusion
    The OP himself joined in with the discussion so does not consider it OT completely. In case you have not bothered to even read the thread it was about why the FREE BT Sports offer was not available to freesat or at present any other satellite viewers than Sky sub or FSFS viewers. Free sport on freesat is the whole point of this thread is it not or has the mere mention of Sky on these hallowed grounds brought on a red mist by you?

Perhaps they also should stop your persistent intrusion into Sky forums with incorrect and false information.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. My take on this thread is that it should only be a weekly update of what sport is on FTA tv for the upcoming week (predominantly sports on freesat as it's in this section).

All the other discussion I feel should be in their own threads as it just makes it pointless to have to trawl through loads of unrelated posts to find the info you want.

Just my opinion.
  • HumidHumid Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Hmm. My take on this thread is that it should only be a weekly update of what sport is on FTA tv for the upcoming week (predominantly sports on freesat as it's in this section).

All the other discussion I feel should be in their own threads as it just makes it pointless to have to trawl through loads of unrelated posts to find the info you want.

Just my opinion.

Agree
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member

Just my opinion.

I agree too, I simply stated I hope it'll be available on freesat. Now everyone's going on about FSFS & Sky subscriptions. I'd like to keep this just Sports on freesat channels too.
  • cycliccyclic Posts: 90
    Forum Member

Just my opinion.

Agreed
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    M60 wrote: »
    The mods should pin this thread.

Yes great idea and good service for all us Freesat footie people.
    Forum Member
    Yes great idea and good service for all us Freesat footie people.

Thank You, I'm glad you find it helpful. I hope the other 5 finals this month are as good as that one was, incredible game!
    Forum Member
    The Scottish First Division Play offs have been announced, with live coverage of both legs on BBC Alba. As the first leg will be broadcast before my next weekly update, I will provide details below:-

Wednesday 15th May
    Scottish First Division Play Off Final 1st Leg
    Alloa Athletic v Dunfermline Athletic
    19:45 KO
    BBC ALBA
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    coadyltfc wrote: »
    Wednesday 15th May
    UEFA Europa League Final
    Chelsea v Benfica
    ITV/ITV HD

I am very much looking forward to this match tomorrow, coadyltfc, and there's also some more good news about free to air sport on ITV :):

ITV has landed exclusive rights to all England's international qualifying matches, home and away, for Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018. An extension of the broadcaster's commitment to providing free-to-air coverage of the England football team, this will be the first time in a number of years that a single broadcaster has shown all England's qualifying games for consecutive tournaments.
    News from our very own Digital Spy: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a481404/england-euro-2016-world-cup-2018-qualifying-rights-won-by-itv.html#ixzz2TIaOSOWI
    Forum Member
    I am very much looking forward to this match tomorrow, coadyltfc, and there's also some more good news about free to air sport on ITV :):

ITV has landed exclusive rights to all England's international qualifying matches, home and away, for Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018. An extension of the broadcaster's commitment to providing free-to-air coverage of the England football team, this will be the first time in a number of years that a single broadcaster has shown all England's qualifying games for consecutive tournaments.
    News from our very own Digital Spy: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a481404/england-euro-2016-world-cup-2018-qualifying-rights-won-by-itv.html#ixzz2TIaOSOWI

Yes I saw this news earlier, it really is excellent. In addition to all England Qualifiers until 2018, it includes 20 top pick European qualifiers featuring non-home nations.

WIth UEFA changing the international qualifers into a scattered week of fixtures between Thursday-Tuesday, ITV will now be showing England's game & their first choice European qualifier from the same round of group games.

That means we can see live qualifiers from the likes of Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, etc, as well as all of England's games. In this deal, ITV has first pick for fixture rounds 1-8 & second pick for fixture rounds 9-10. I'm looking forward to this just as much as the England rights, to be honest!

Furthermore, the bidding for the FA Cup & Youth Cup, Community Shield, FA Trophy Final & England friendlies closes on the 14th June, so hopefully ITV will keep some of the rights for these events too. We should find out just after the above date. Full details of these bidding packages can be found here :- http://www.thefa.com/News/thefa/2013/may/~/media/A101A5DBF1514E499DC0D3CA73243356.ashx
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, all England games should be protected FTA. Sadly they're not but at least we're still still getting it for the next few years.
    Forum Member
    Great news, all England games should be protected FTA. Sadly they're not but at least we're still still getting it for the next few years.

I agree with you on this but they are for the next 5 years which is good I suppose. I think all competitive England games should be protected, not friendlies though as there's no good reason for that.

Looking to after this coming World Cup (if we qualify), I hope we can get rid of most of the remaining 'old guard' & bring the youth through. A squad including Wilshere, Cleverley, Chamberlain, Sterling, Zaha, Butland, Welbeck, Sturridge, Walker, Caulker, Jones, Smalling etc.

Regarding other live football, I'm very much looking forward to the Confederations Cup next month & this Europa League final tonight!
    Forum Member
    For anyone interested, Channel 5's England Cricket highlights begin tomorrow. An hour show from 7pm every day during the home test series against New Zealand, the one day internationals & the Ashes series. Cricket fans look out for it!
    Forum Member
    This week sees another set of important finals at many different levels of the game. The usual details will be provided below:-

Saturday 18th May
    Welsh Premier League Play Off Final
    Port Talbot Town v Bala Town
    15:00 KO
    S4C

Sunday 19th May
    Scottish First Division Play Off Final 2nd Leg
    Dunfermiline Athletic (0) v (3) Alloa Athletic
    16:05 KO
    BBC ALBA

Saturday 25th May
    UEFA Champions League Final
    Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich
    ITV/ITV HD

Sunday 26th May
    The Scottish FA Cup Final
    Celtic v Hibernian
    BBC1 Scotland

For those interested, there is also a Women's final coming up this week.

Sunday 26th May
    The Women's FA Cup Final
    Arsenal Ladies v Bristol Academy WFC
    BBC2/BBC2 HD

There are also a few cricket events over the next week, with England test highlights every test day on Channel 5 at 7pm. The IPL also concludes this week, with the play offs during the next week & the final next Sunday. Also, the final week of the Premier League & Bundesliga seasons take place this weekend. The respective highlights shows are on Sunday & Monday evening on BBC1 & ITV4 respectively.

I will be back next Friday with a post including more live football, a tennis grand slam & the next F1 race in the 2013 season.
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rabo pro-12 rugby final
    25/5/13
    leinster v ulster rte2, bbc, bbc wales

This week sees another set of important finals at many different levels of the game. The usual details will be provided below:-

Saturday 18th May
    Welsh Premier League Play Off Final
    Port Talbot Town v Bala Town
    S4C

Sunday 19th May
    Scottish First Division Play Off Final 2nd Leg
    Dunfermiline Athletic (0) v (3) Alloa Athletic
    16:05 KO
    BBC ALBA

Saturday 25th May
    UEFA Champions League Final
    Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich
    ITV/ITV HD

Sunday 26th May
    The Scottish FA Cup Final
    Celtic v Hibernian
    BBC1 Scotland

For those interested, there is also a Women's final coming up this week.

Sunday 26th May
    The Women's FA Cup Final
    Arsenal Ladies v Bristol Academy WFC
    BBC2/BBC2 HD

There are also a few cricket events over the next week, with England test highlights every test day on Channel 5 at 7pm. The IPL also concludes this week, with the play offs during the next week & the final next Sunday. Also, the final week of the Premier League & Bundesliga seasons take place this weekend. The respective highlights shows are on Sunday & Monday evening on BBC1 & ITV4 respectively.

I will be back next Friday with a post including more live football, a tennis grand slam & the next F1 race in the 2013 season.
  • coolrobertcoolrobert Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    From 26 May to 9 June :) Cant Wait
    Forum Member
    ftakeith wrote: »
    rabo pro-12 rugby final
    25/5/13
    leinster v ulster rte2, bbc, bbc wales

Even though I'm not a big rugby fan, it does appear that the Pro-12 has grown in popularity somewhat this year. I believe this is being shown on BBC NI as well? I may be wrong though.
    Forum Member
    coolrobert wrote: »
    From 26 May to 9 June :) Cant Wait

Absolutely, I love tennis almost as much as football, so I'm very much looking forward to this French Open Coverage, Queens & Wimbledon.

I thought ITV did a great job last year & largely the same team has been announced for this years coverage. I particularly enjoyed Fabrice Santoro's punditry last year, a breath of fresh air in my opinion!
  • SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely, I love tennis almost as much as football, so I'm very much looking forward to this French Open Coverage, Queens & Wimbledon.

I thought ITV did a great job last year & largely the same team has been announced for this years coverage. I particularly enjoyed Fabrice Santoro's punditry last year, a breath of fresh air in my opinion!

Thought i would reply to say BBC also have coverage of Eastbourne Tennis this year to:)
  • MJH1962MJH1962 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Even though I'm not a big rugby fan, it does appear that the Pro-12 has grown in popularity somewhat this year. I believe this is being shown on BBC NI as well? I may be wrong though.

Sky have bought the rights for next year though! :D
  • MJH1962MJH1962 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Apologies, I stand corrected over my last post. It looks like Sky have only bought a share of the rights, with local broadcasters also showing games. Also, the new deal only domes into force the season after next, I think.