Any Goss on the new series of Torchwood?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
We know martha's joining - any more special guests?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    no idea
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard from so many people now (who are usually quite on the ball) the rumour that it's gonna be a one story arc spread over five episodes that I'm starting to believe it's true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kev7777 wrote: »

you might get some goss on JR tonight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    I heard from so many people now (who are usually quite on the ball) the rumour that it's gonna be a one story arc spread over five episodes that I'm starting to believe it's true.

This is true :D. Also that the five episodes may be shown on consecutive nights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Hey I saw this post on a planetgallifrey back in march

http://planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/2008/03/changes.html

Maybe this should start a thread of its own...
  • stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kev7777 wrote: »

We thought we knew she was joining. It now seems highly highly unlikely as she'll be going from 'Little Dorrit' into the remake of 'Survivors'.

And if that one is false then the five episode one, which came from the same source, is pretty doubtful too.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you might get some goss on JR tonight

Oh I'd forgotten him a ALW were on there tonight so thanks for reminding me.

I know most of it will be about the I'd do anything final but he is bound to be asked about Torchwood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    We thought we knew she was joining. It now seems highly highly unlikely as she'll be going from 'Little Dorrit' into the remake of 'Survivors'.

And if that one is false then the five episode one, which came from the same source, is pretty doubtful too.

I really hope she does turn up now.
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member

Yup, that one is definately true.

Phazer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The thing is the five episode rumour is coming from several different independent sources.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is the five episode rumour is coming from several different independent sources.

Who all could have got it from the same place. That same report from months ago (while getting the details of the TW S2 finale correct) was also full of crap about the 2009 specials alrerady being shot and Tennant having finished and been replaced by James Nesbitt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who all could have got it from the same place. That same report from months ago (while getting the details of the TW S2 finale correct) was also full of crap about the 2009 specials alrerady being shot and Tennant having finished and been replaced by James Nesbitt.

Also stating that we will find out about DT's departure in 2 weeks (written on March 5th)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, when I say several independent sources I mean several independent sources, not several people who read the same rumour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, when I say several independent sources I mean several independent sources, not several people who read the same rumour.

And you can back that up how exactly?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because it started off from one single source, repeated on a number of sites, and subsequently repeated so many times elsewhere it has now passed into internet forum folklore and so just has to be true ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you can back that up how exactly?

Well I can't. That's what separates speculation, hearsay and rumour from fact.

What I was saying is that I know of two sources who claim to have independantly heard it from the inside (on top of that one you mention). Of course they might be lying but that's where my judgement comes into play, based on who they are, previous reliability etc, etc... (just like now your judgement comes into play whether to believe me) and of course that could be wrong but that's how rumour and hearsay work (sorry if I'm being patronising).

I'm not here to back anything up or state anything as fact just pass my own opinion on the rumours and speculation I've heard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somoene said that JB said they are filming series 3&4 back to back as he's returning to the west end. Don't know how reliable this is though!
    As for the 5 eps...they can't do that do me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not strictly a Torchwood rumour, but Torchwood-related.

I heard Burn Gorman is playing Bill Sykes in the new West End version of Oliver! I do find him quite scary, actually. :eek:

I had thought for sure that Martha would join Torchwood since there is a doctor-shaped space in the team. But if it is true that she is going to be in Survivors then maybe not.

Maybe Rose will join... :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Probably because it started off from one single source, repeated on a number of sites, and subsequently repeated so many times elsewhere it has now passed into internet forum folklore and so just has to be true ;)

Hummm... well I didn't get my info from the internet, rather from someone in the industry who's working on TW right now ;) Def five episodes only. Not rumour. Factoid :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey I saw this post on a planetgallifrey back in march

http://planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/2008/03/changes.html

Maybe this should start a thread of its own...

Captain Jack is leaving Torchwood?