question for ep 8

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
Forum Member
sorry may seem silly but just wanted to know...in ep 8s episode tonight, when the doctor was looking for life forms on the computer at the start why did he say it detected ' 2 humaniods' (only him and donna) before it finding over a million other life forms...surley he doesnt count as human as hes a timelord??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Kinda answered your own question.

Humanoid does not equal human.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanoid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaleds were humanoids a long time ago, Matron Cofeillia is a humanoid, time lords same
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Just a total guess but I think
    the other "lifeforms" showing up were the Rashda Navara (or however you spell it).

It could also relate to the "flesh banks" the silly looking robot with the face told them about though, although I doubt there would be a "million million" bodies stored.

I think they may find the flesh bank and find the bodies of the "saved" there too though (with their consciousness "saved" to the computer banks). I think "Forest of the Dead" might refer to all the bodies lined up with no "soul" or consciousness inside.

All ties in too with how the consciousness can imprint and echo for a few minutes on the communicator badges - not too directly. Just shows that in the future they have worked out a person's consciouness (ie "soul") is a seperate entity to their body.

I have no basis for any of that other than from clues and inferences from the ep tonight. But I have spoiler wrapped it just in case anyone doesn't want to read my ideas!

For all I know it has all been mentioned somewhere before, but I have not seen anyone say any of it. :)
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but here's another thing ......

shouldn't it have been 100,100,100,102??
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Interesting that the Doctor's species is now Time Lord. I thought he was a Gallifreyan and Time Lord was a title bestowed on those Gallifreyans who attended the Academy and were granted with rengeneration abilities.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    but here's another thing ......

shouldn't it have been 100,100,100,102??

No because the system gave up counting when it got to a million million, there are probably billions more but just not counted.

And yes the countless lifreforms are the Vashta Nerada.