Apple: $50bn Wiped From Value drop more than 12%

123457»

Comments

• niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    I don't set out to, but I will also not let people make claims which I do not believe to be true without questioning it. I will also not let others claim I have said something I haven't.

And I am sorry if you think I'm disrupting threads, but it is very, very rare that a thread stays on its original starting point. You could however try and bring a thread back in line if you feel you have something to add to it and maybe others will join in. Surely that is better than trying to tell people off as that usually results in either slightly sarcastic responses from the likes of me:), or much ruder ones from others on here.:eek:

Sadly the volume of non topic posts about how great or awful an apple product is will always overwhelm on topic posts. You and your 'friends' seem to have far more time on your hands than the whole rest of the DS community combined.

Maybe you should get a hobby?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member

What's wrong with DS as a hobby?
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    people buy this whole retina nonsense, because of the marketing bullcrap that was spouted by Jobs. People get it in their heads, like they have a display that pushes pixel count to the limit.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/iphone-4-retina/

It's not nonsense though. Typically 300dpi is around the point where most people struggle to differentiate individual pixels.

It's precisely why 300dpi is typical for print.

The guy in your article is being entirely theoretical, but in the real world most people would struggle to notice much difference above 300dpi.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly the volume of non topic posts about how great or awful an apple product is will always overwhelm on topic posts. You and your 'friends' seem to have far more time on your hands than the whole rest of the DS community combined.

You can just ignore posts if you wish.

I have many hobbies thanks.:)
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Its not the same. HD at least makes a huge difference. Retina does not.

Look at any 300dpi plus display next to a 200dpi or less display and tell me it doesn't make a huge difference.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    It's not nonsense though. Typically 300dpi is around the point where most people struggle to differentiate individual pixels.

It's precisely why 300dpi is typical for print.

The guy in your article is being entirely theoretical, but in the real world most people would struggle to notice much difference above 300dpi.

DPI is a physical measurement, which i appreciate on my Nexus 10.

Its "retina" which is BS because its apple tagging some unmeasurable BS around it that isn't comparable to any other device.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Look at any 300dpi plus display next to a 200dpi or less display and tell me it doesn't make a huge difference.

I would have to agree. The resolution of my iPod touch 5th generation (same as iPhone 5) is not HD. My galaxy note is 1289 x 800. My note is HD my iPod touch isn't yet the screen on my iPod touch blows the screen on my note away. When the specs of the iPhone 5 first came out I dismissed it for not having a HD display, ignoring the high pixel density, yet it outperforms the screen on my note which has a higher resolution but a lower pixel density.
This discussion has been closed.