Options

fear the walking dead season 2 us/uk pace (spoilers tagged)

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/fear-the-walking-dead/39131/fear-the-walking-dead-season-2-new-trailer-lands

The show is back for its eagerly awaited second season on Sunday the 10th of April in the states and Monday the 11th in the uk

I thought I'd start a new thread so people can still post in both season 1 and season 2 without being spoiled.

Comments

• Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 2 Teaser

Season 2 Trailer

When did the outbreak begin ?

August 7th 2010
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the extra links
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First 11 episodes of Flight 462 (Fear TWD Webseries) can be seen here, ep 12 is on youtube as well.

Seems to be at least a couple of slightly different versions of ep 1 on there.
  • Options
    gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • Options
    gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy my two favourite character's from the webisodes flight # 462 make it to the show. We need a Michone type badass character on this show
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaz141 wrote: »
    So happy my two favourite character's from the webisodes flight # 462 make it to the show. We need a Michone type badass character on this show

I still haven't watched them, I will have to look them up before Sunday.
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    I caught up with series one last week. I have to say it's not a patch on the original show, which gripped me from the start.

I don't find any of the characters likable, and even the last two episodes, which were an improvement on the first few eps, were underwhelming. It's "tame" compared to the original.

However, I will check out the second season and the "flight" series.
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    I caught up with series one last week. I have to say it's not a patch on the original show, which gripped me from the start.

I felt the same. It seemed as though they left everything until the last episode. I'm looking forward to the action moving to water though, so I'll give this a watch again.
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »

I don't find any of the characters likable, and even the last two episodes, which were an improvement on the first few eps, were underwhelming. It's "tame" compared to the original.

However, I will check out the second season and the "flight" series.

I don't like any of them either, I'm on the side of the Walkers!
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    First 11 episodes of Flight 462 (Fear TWD Webseries) can be seen here, ep 12 is on youtube as well.

Seems to be at least a couple of slightly different versions of ep 1 on there.

Just caught up with these. More tension in some of these little 1 min eps that in the main Fear series! I like the Lucy Liu-alike actress. Looks feisty, got some gumption.

Here's the link to eps 12-16. For some reason it jumps from 14 to 16 so you have to search for 15 but it comes up as the first search result.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to its return.

Should be a good stop gap before walking dead returns
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like another poster above watched the first series for the first time a week or two ago.

I was pessimistic about it beforehand as many people were comparing it unfavourably to TWD.
    But I surprised myself because I thought it was very good. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be a lot of boring setup and like some soap opera. But I found the story to be well paced and engaging, and the narrative progressed in a natural way.

It's not TWD, and I think people would need to get that out of their head or it may taint their enjoyment of it because it doesn't meet expectations they place on it.

When it comes to liking the characters, I may be a bit uncommon in that way because it's not really something which is usually my main concern. As long as the characters are well drawn and are believable, and I can relate with the situations they are in, then that's all that really matters to me. I can't remember at any point feeling "I really like that character", I just enjoyed watching the characters for who they are.
    In fact all the characters are flawed, which is a realistic way of looking at people. I like them in some ways but not in others. Which is perfectly fine for me.

So yeah, I really liked it a lot and I didn't think I would. I found the story engaging, but in a slightly different way from TWD. You do come across zombies, but not as much as you do in TWD. Which may be a problem for some, but I was fine with that as the story engaged me enough in its own right.

But obviously in series 2 I would expect a dramatic increase in the population of zombies so I think series 2 could be even better.
    In fact it would make sense that in the next couple of series FTWD might catch up with the timeline of TWD.

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. Thank the USA for producing so many great TV series where you never have to wait long for a good TV series to come along. We're really being treated. There's hardly enough hours in the day to keep up with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like another poster above watched the first series for the first time a week or two ago.

I was pessimistic about it beforehand as many people were comparing it unfavourably to TWD.
    But I surprised myself because I thought it was very good. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be a lot of boring setup and like some soap opera. But I found the story to be well paced and engaging, and the narrative progressed in a natural way.

It's not TWD, and I think people would need to get that out of their head or it may taint their enjoyment of it because it doesn't meet expectations they place on it.

When it comes to liking the characters, I may be a bit uncommon in that way because it's not really something which is usually my main concern. As long as the characters are well drawn and are believable, and I can relate with the situations they are in, then that's all that really matters to me. I can't remember at any point feeling "I really like that character", I just enjoyed watching the characters for who they are.
    In fact all the characters are flawed, which is a realistic way of looking at people. I like them in some ways but not in others. Which is perfectly fine for me.

So yeah, I really liked it a lot and I didn't think I would. I found the story engaging, but in a slightly different way from TWD. You do come across zombies, but not as much as you do in TWD. Which may be a problem for some, but I was fine with that as the story engaged me enough in its own right.

But obviously in series 2 I would expect a dramatic increase in the population of zombies so I think series 2 could be even better.
    In fact it would make sense that in the next couple of series FTWD might catch up with the timeline of TWD.

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. Thank the USA for producing so many great TV series where you never have to wait long for a good TV series to come along. We're really being treated. There's hardly enough hours in the day to keep up with them.

It's odd that as the walking dead decreases it's focus on zombies that fear the walking dead will start increasing its focus on them.

Really looking forward to tonight's episode.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The worse thing about Fear compared to WD is all the moralising they do.

I can't wait till they are experienced enough to stop worrying about leaving people or to stop carrying a corpse with them.
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the new EP, it's boring as hell and I want them all to die.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    They take their stupidity to a new level, I can only hope they toughen up, And the cast needs to grow so they can kill off some originals.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They take their stupidity to a new level, I can only hope they toughen up, And the cast needs to grow so they can kill off some originals.

It's only stupidity because you're looking back on (to us as viewers) years of experience of knowing what the walkers are, what they can do, what other people/survivors are capable of, etc.

For those in Fear the Walking Dead, this is all new, it's happened in what seems to have been a very short time, they don't know what we know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They know the worlds gone to hell and everyone is for them selves now, they left all them people in the cages.

The only plan they have is go 80 miles to San Diego and hope the military held the line?
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot how much i hated these characters!>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From the radio description they didn't travel more that 5-10 mile in the first night! Its only 5hrs to San Diego at 17 knots, they should have been half way their at least even at a slow pace.

Swimming with all your cloths, coats and boots you would soon drawn.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot how much i hated these characters!>:(

The jumping into the water, especially when there was what looked like a fog cloud close by (later to be a smoke cloud with zombies in) was one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen.

Also the girl giving away her position just because the person sounded nice. rolleyes.

The characters are so unlikeable.
  • Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last two minutes of the episode.

Strand is on the Bridge and the boat warns of the incoming threat he grabs a device (maybe a digital camera) and runs down toward a flight of stairs, the shot changes to him coming down the stairs without the device he has just picked up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    excelents wrote: »
    Last two minutes of the episode.

Strand is on the Bridge and the boat warns of the incoming threat he grabs a device (maybe a digital camera) and runs down toward a flight of stairs, the shot changes to him coming down the stairs without the device he has just picked up :D

Its a remote for the boat, he could have slipped it in his pocket i guess.

There's nothing showing on the radar that i can see. if its there it must be a tiny dot.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strand might be a big ol' cliché, but i do like him.

"I'll tell you the 3 rules about this boat;
    1) It's my boat
    2) It is MY boat
    3) It's MY GODDAMN boat".

I've trotted out a similar line more than once myself re house, wi-fi and fridge contents.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/fear-walking-dead-flight-462-webseries.html

is a link to the whole flight 462 webisode in one fell swoop.