Quality Assurance in Further Education

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
Forum Member
Hi Folks,
I'm hoping that someone will have some guidance for me on studying QA in the FE sector? I'm trying to find useful websites and journals that I can access but so far I'm having a really tough time. I want to study the impact of QA on the lecturer and learner and the key issues that arise.

If anyone has a clue what I'm talking about and has some information it would be very appreciated. I'm going insane!

Thanks,
Dilys

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Quality assurance and learning outcomes is perhaps the most ridiculous thing ever to be invented.

It has neutered education and health as we are now more interested in paper and competences rather than true knowledge.

In the working world, you can see how far we have gone in quality control that we are no longer learning any thing and rapidly losing common sense and decision making. The modern nursing world is fine example of this when you have nurses not feeding the elderly or people who can't feed themselves.

When questioned about this by a friend, a nurse said. "Oh we wait. How do we know they are hungry or not? We can't make judgements too quickly,we wait for four hours."

"By then the food is cold, the patient is hungry, the patient becomes malnourished and takes longer to recover. Haven't you heard of the Protective Meals Initiative and The Red Tray System?" my friend asked.

Wisdom is lost. We must look once more for Sophia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this, appreciated. I'm having a challenging time trying to find anything substantial, wish I never chose the frickin topic now! Ha! Fingers crossed I can get enough information!