Just missed a TNT delivery :cry:

they are going to try again tomorrow :D

TNT tried again in the evening for me :o
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Chris.. wrote: »
    TNT tried again in the evening for me :o

Finally got both parcels today ... apparently the third time they had tried to deliver since Tuesday ... even the driver gave a little cheer :)
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Google say Jan 16th for mine (ordered 5 Dec) at the earliest.

Btw will it support Flash? As in buying tickets with mobile phone. thanks
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member

Adobe Flash ? - no
  • Options
    Forum Member

Flash can be easily sideloaded onto phones running the latest Android version so yes it can support Flash.

depending what tickets you are looking to buy (train ? concert ?) there may be an app that would better suit you ....
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member

People have got flash to work on the N7, so no reason why it should work on the N4. I havent been able to get it to work on the N10 - but then again I havent tried to hard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK...... I'll admit it ..... The kids N4s are very shiny ...... Might be worth upgrading my gnex after all :p
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    OK...... I'll admit it ..... The kids N4s are very shiny ...... Might be worth upgrading my gnex after all :p

I upgraded from the GN to the Nexus 4 and have noticed an improvement in build quality and speed of which the phone does things. The GN is no bad phone by any means, well made and powerful, but this still feels better.

Merry Christmas BTW.

Rik.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Think im gonna get one of these tomorrow but will have to be from the O2 shop since i bust my S3 the other day.

Not happy paying the extra £100 but i cant find anywhere else with stock :( Will they come locked from o2 do you think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Think im gonna get one of these tomorrow but will have to be from the O2 shop since i bust my S3 the other day.

Not happy paying the extra £100 but i cant find anywhere else with stock :( Will they come locked from o2 do you think?

Pass. I would hope they don't come locked as that's not very "nexus".......
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8gb and 16gb still both sold out. Google are really shooting themselves in the foot here even if they are selling them at a loss. Do they think that people are prepared to wait or are they worried about people buying competing phone and god forbid getting an iphone instead.
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the bumpers are for sale in o2 shops?

Thanks.

Rik.
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They're are unlocked.
  • Options
    cribologycribology Posts: 1,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    8gb and 16gb still both sold out. Google are really shooting themselves in the foot here even if they are selling them at a loss. Do they think that people are prepared to wait or are they worried about people buying competing phone and god forbid getting an iphone instead.

Well I have cancelled my N4 pre order, I'll wait until my contract expires in April 2013 to get a new phone and hope a 1080p phone will be released at CES in January or Mobile World Conference in February.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cribology wrote: »
    Well I have cancelled my N4 pre order, I'll wait until my contract expires in April 2013 to get a new phone and hope a 1080p phone will be released at CES in January or Mobile World Conference in February.

at that point it will be only a few months until the next Nexus is released :)

1080p phones are on their way I believe .... but the point of the Nexus range isnt that they have the best spec out there .... its more about the support ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Picked up my N4 today from carphone warehouse on O2 PAYG for £369. Apparently a PAYG upgrade offer and so far loving it!

Only thing taking a while to get used to is the onscreen keys!
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I all if anyone has had a problem with cracking the glass back?

There are a few posts on other sites, but it's hard to know if these people were very unlucky or if there is a design flaw.

Did everyone buy a case/bumper?

I laughed when Apple had a glass back, and I can't believe Google approved a design for a Nexus phone that had one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quick question, is there any way to add toggles to the notification screen? Been using Android for years and im missing this badly :(
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I all if anyone has had a problem with cracking the glass back?

There are a few posts on other sites, but it's hard to know if these people were very unlucky or if there is a design flaw.

Did everyone buy a case/bumper?

I laughed when Apple had a glass back, and I can't believe Google approved a design for a Nexus phone that had one.

Yes mine has lightly cracked round about the LED for no obvious reason, it seems to be a structural weakness in the glass around that area. It's no big deal as I use it in a cover but the choice of glass on the back was a stupid one.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    at that point it will be only a few months until the next Nexus is released :)

1080p phones are on their way I believe .... but the point of the Nexus range isnt that they have the best spec out there .... its more about the support ....

I don't understand why anyone would want 1080p on a phone.

The different between 100, 200, and 300 DPI is noticeable but I'm not sure many people would notice 400 or 500 DPI, seems like overkill to me.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick question, is there any way to add toggles to the notification screen? Been using Android for years and im missing this badly :(

there's the quick settings, which require an extra click
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/11/21/how-to-use-quick-settings-in-android-4-2-jelly-bean/

shame its not customisable though, and its mostly not toggles, more links to the settings. You can get toggle widgets but I don't know anything that provides Touchwiz style buttons at the top of the notifications.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    there's the quick settings, which require an extra click
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/11/21/how-to-use-quick-settings-in-android-4-2-jelly-bean/

shame its not customisable though, and its mostly not toggles, more links to the settings. You can get toggle widgets but I don't know anything that provides Touchwiz style buttons at the top of the notifications.

Just found something out by mistake there...pull the notification window with 2 fingers takes you right to the quick settings!

I'm also guessing there is no way to put the battery percentage next to the battery icon?
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J

I'm also guessing there is no way to put the battery percentage next to the battery icon?

you can have it on the top left, not sure about right next to the battery.

e.g.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naeem.batterystatusnotification&feature=search_result
  • Options
    SadmeHappySadmeHappy Posts: 399
    Forum Member

There is no way on 4.2 onwards so best thing is too go with gopowermaster
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what cases is everyone using for their N4's?

Just mine has slipped off the couch 3 times today lol :mad: