GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    with whom on the panel tonight?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope there is someone funny on the panel, so that Alan is able to hi-jack their gags with a mime. It's sooo funny when he does that.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    with whom on the panel tonight?

Sara Pascoe, Jack Whitehall, David Mitchell, and Alan Davies.

PS, I thought you didn't watch the BBC? :p
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    See Wikipedia for the panel members for series K.

Meanwhile, how does 'Two little dickie birds' work??
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    XL edition is on Sunday night
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Don't forget Jonathan Creek is on Drama at 9pm if you want double-Davies :D
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Don't forget Jonathan Creek is on Drama at 9pm if you want double-Davies :D

And unseen bits from Would I Lie To You on BBC1 at 10.40pm if you want double-Mitchell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its on... David Mitchell has gotten a gold tooth it seems...
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely bit of fanny on the show tonight.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Pascoe seems too intelligent for QI ;)
  • Options
    Dr.  OtterblandDr. Otterbland Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »

Who she.

Never clapped eyes on her before, appeared on BB or Geordie Shore maybe ?
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who she.

Never clapped eyes on her before, appeared on BB or Geordie Shore maybe ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Pascoe
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    And unseen bits from Would I Lie To You on BBC1 at 10.40pm if you want double-Mitchell.

I don't even want single Mitchell
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »

She suffered a little from The same problem as John Sessions (well, one of his problems). Just because you know the answer you don't have to say it, it's not a real quiz. :D

At times David's face seemed to be saying "yes, I know that too but we were going somewhere funny then". At other times he seemed to leap in with an answer because otherwise she would have done so again.

Her final score shows she really was trying, even Professor Brian doesn't do that. :D
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Sarah was great. The best new guest in ages. I didn't think she was anything like Sessions. Sessions problem isn't that he knows so much, it's that he comes across as smug. Sarah just seemed generally knowledgeable and interesting. There's nothing wrong with that on this show, in fact I wish there were a bit more of it nowadays.

I don't see why she gets a bit of flack for knowing, or being able to guess, some answers whilst Jack gets a free pass for not making any attempt to say something interesting. I actually like Jack in other stuff but all he did last night was make immature smutty (and unfunny) jokes at every opportunity. "That's my kind of woman, let's just say she wouldn't be getting much sleep in my house" or "Oi, front of robin coloured pubes" etc.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I thought Sarah was great. The best new guest in ages. I didn't think she was anything like Sessions. Sessions problem isn't that he knows so much, it's that he comes across as smug. Sarah just seemed generally knowledgeable and interesting. There's nothing wrong with that on this show, in fact I wish there were a bit more of it nowadays.

I don't see why she gets a bit of flack for knowing, or being able to guess, some answers whilst Jack gets a free pass for not making any attempt to say something interesting. I actually like Jack in other stuff but all he did last night was make immature smutty (and unfunny) jokes at every opportunity. "That's my kind of woman, let's just say she wouldn't be getting much sleep in my house" or "Oi, front of robin coloured pubes" etc.

I agree, there was none of the smug luvviedom you get when Sessions and Fry are together on this show, Sara just seemed genuinely and refreshingly knowledgeable. I'd rather see her on again than that ventriloquist woman with the Scottish granny puppet - she sends me to sleep.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was enjoyable as it had two intelligent guests - the ever-dependable David Mitchell and the fantastic debut of Sara Pascoe.

Jack Whitehall will be okay when he realises that he doesn't have to make funnies every time he opens his mouth.

It is the return of Ross Noble next week and more intriguingly Noel Fielding so it should be a little bit left-field.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's actually getting a bit tired now. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    junnja wrote: »
    I think it's actually getting a bit tired now. :(

15 series to go. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    It was enjoyable as it had two intelligent guests - the ever-dependable David Mitchell and the fantastic debut of Sara Pascoe.

Jack Whitehall will be okay when he realises that he doesn't have to make funnies every time he opens his mouth.

It is the return of Ross Noble next week and more intriguingly Noel Fielding so it should be a little bit left-field.

Jack Whitehall will never be okay.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »

Oh great. I assume most of the episode will be hijacked by these two trying to out-random each other with their totally craaaAaAaAaAaAaaaAAAaAazy brands of kooky, surreal, out-there humour.
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One good thing about this new series, the first episode anyway, is that Stephen Fry doesn't seem quite as stoned and out of it as he was in the last series. Hopefully he'll stay that way.