Going to miss Mark.

Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
Forum Member
✭✭
It was his time to go, but I sure am going to miss Mark. He was a 'character dancer' who could dance. Going to miss him dancing, going to miss Iveta's choreo, even going to miss his adorable smile.

He and Iveta produced, for me, the most memorable dances this series. Well done Mark.

Comments

• jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet man but his time was most definitely up.:)
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. It's been a blast!
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    Me too. It's been a blast!

Sure has.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    It was his time to go, but I sure am going to miss Mark. He was a 'character dancer' who could dance. Going to miss him dancing, going to miss Iveta's choreo, even going to miss his adorable smile.

He and Iveta produced, for me, the most memorable dances this series. Well done Mark.

Agreed. :):cry:
  • J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was his time to go but for me he has made this years strictly come dancing, throughout he has made me smile and laugh out loud.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed but it was his time, he would never had coped with a swingathon, and I mean that in the nicest possible way

I hope he sambas on tour :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I have to say I am bored with everyone left in the competition now. The only thing sustaining me to the end is my vitriolic, visceral dislike of Susanna :D. I hope one of the others kicks her ass in the final. It seems like every other year on Strictly I am never that invested in who wins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    He genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself. A joy to watch.
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-Zee wrote: »
    Yes it was his time to go but for me he has made this years strictly come dancing, throughout he has made me smile and laugh out loud.

Agree, have been his fan throughout and although I knew his time was up (thought it a week back tbh) I'm still sorry to see him go. Lovely man and great dancer who gave his all to the show which is exactly what I (and many others) love to see. He's made SCD special for me this year.
  • ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely. It was his time to go but I will miss them both.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has made this series for me. What a wonderful man & such a great relationship with Iveta. What she said was so sweet. I think he was tired now & ready for a rest so I wish them both a great Xmas & look forward to cheering them loudly on the tour.

Monkseal asked us to choose our fav Mark dance on his blog. I can't choose there is only 2 I haven't loved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed! His ability to get into the character of a dance completely engaged me. Iveta's clever choreo often made me laugh also. Always smiled watching him (even on some of his... erm... 'duff' dances). Just a pleasure to watch.

There's not a dancer left who engages me, though they all dance nicely enough.
  • Purple MangoPurple Mango Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovliest man, he did very well and was really entertaining. Will miss him but it was his time. I found myself welling up at Ivetas little speech, she is just a dream, hope she is back next year!
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he and Dave served their purpose, bringing a bit of humour and controversy to the show in the middle of the run. It could have been a bit boring for some, given the number of contestants. I enjoyed his contribution.

You could say that "the BBC planned it well," now we'll be getting down to the serious stuff.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to miss Mark and Iveta at every level, their ITT bits, their training vids, their unlikely and genuine-seeming friendship, and looking forward to Iveta's inventive choreography...

Loved their tango very much -- one of my most-watched dances from the early weeks. And Mark still has one of my two most moving moments in a dance -- his raised empty hands as Iveta walked away. If Strictly is about emotion, Mark's a winner.
    :)

I also think they worked as a kind of safety valve on the forum, so I'm :eek::eek::eek: about the next few weeks on here. Everyone could like Mark. He's cuddly, warm, modest and no threat. The forum is going to be a spikier place without Mark and Iveta in the competition. Gunslinger eyes from now on...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has made this series for me. What a wonderful man & such a great relationship with Iveta. What she said was so sweet. I think he was tired now & ready for a rest so I wish them both a great Xmas & look forward to cheering them loudly on the tour.

Monkseal asked us to choose our fav Mark dance on his blog. I can't choose there is only 2 I haven't loved.

It's so hard to choose my favourite. I wasn't a fan of the Bond theme or the spaceman one, but loved every single other dance.

His tango show a good mix of good dancing ability and awesome characterization, along with great choreo. But you gotta love Hammertime! Ahh, but then there's boom boom salsa... ahhh, SO hard to choose.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Iveta is back next year.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He and Iveta seemed quite cool about going. The fun will disappear now as the remaining couples go to war :eek:
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy that they went out on a high and I really don't think their exit could have been any more perfect. The joy in their last dance and their words to each other (especially Iveta's speech) Just lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed Mark and Iveta and their partnership. Iveta created some great routines for him and they were entertaining. He had some fun dances that will remind me of this season.
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Iveta is back next year.

Me too :)
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were a great couple and it was nice to see a more relaxed Iveta throughout the competition .

You just know she is ultra competitive and would love the opportunity to show what she really can do but she had to tone her approach and dancing way down.

It was just as well Mark went this week with goodwill because he would get the most awful backlash if he put out any of the remaining pairs .
  • Inseriousity.Inseriousity. Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Definitely time for him to go but loved watching them on ITT (Iveta is especially hilarious) and their dances were entertaining to watch most of the time. Except for his Jive which I enjoyed I haven't found his dances entertaining for a while since the MC Hammer dance, that was hilarious
  • molo flapianmolo flapian Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss him too as he was so watchable. What a top man he is.
    Glad he's getting a rest I am, he pushed himself
    so hard for weeks and weeks and now he can put his feet up,
    and enjoy the rest of the series with his head held high.
    Cracking fella.
  • J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marks impressions of Iveta shown on ITT were very funny.