Options

A Rather Embarrassing Night for Psychic Sally Morgan

GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
Sorry if it been post as I found it funny as someone been to Sally Morgan in Middlesbrough;

http://mylespower.co.uk/2014/05/18/a-rather-embarrassing-night-for-psychic-sally-in-middlesbrough/
A Rather Embarrassing Night for Psychic Sally in Middlesbrough
I recently went to to see the ‘psychic to the stars’ Sally Morgan at Middlesbrough town hall, and if there was one word I could use to describe my night it would be ‘boring’. First off I feel I have to say that I personally don’t believe that psychics exist so, as you can imagine, I find people like Sally distasteful. This, however, was not the reason why I found the night boring as I do love this kind of thing and was genuinely excited to not only see her, but to gauge the audiences reaction to her show. The reason that it was boring was because the audience did not respond well to her after relatively early on in her performance, she showed the level of her psychic abilities.

For those who don’t know, psychic Sally Morgan is a British television and stage artist who claims to have (you guessed it…) psychic abilities. She believes that she inherited her abilities from her Grandmother who was affectionately known locally as the witch of Fulham. She has been the star of her own show and has an extensive list of clients including celebrities and royalty, and is currently on the road showing off her psychic abilities.

Sally came to Middlesbrough on Friday night and her show started off very well. Even though she was getting the vast majority of what she was saying wrong the audience did not seem to mind and seemed to be having a good time. The point at which the audience became disillusioned with the performance was quite specific. One aspect of the show is that audience members can submit photographs of dead loved ones, in the hope that Sally will select theirs, and give a psychic reading from it. Sally pulled out of a box on stage one of these pictures. She held the picture up to the camera and it was projected on the large screen behind her. The picture was of a middle-aged woman and by the clothes she was wearing and the quality of the image, I guessed it was taken some time in the 1990s. Sally immediately began to get communications from beyond the grave from a man holding a baby named Annabel……or was it Becky. Noticing that no one in the audience was responding, Sally asked the person who submitted the photo to stand up. A rather small chunky woman at the centre of the hall stood up and Sally once again began to get messages from the afterlife. She was informed that this man and baby were somehow linked to the lady in the picture. However the woman in the audience (who was now also projected behind Sally) disagreed and started to look increasingly confused as, presumably, nothing Sally was saying made any sense to her. Sally then decided to flat out ask her if the woman in the picture had any children who passed and, when informed that that she hadn’t, responded by saying “I will leave that then”.

Sally then became in direct contact with the woman in the photo who began to tell her that there was a lot of confusion around her death and that she felt it was very very quick. She later went on to say that the day Wednesday has a specific link to her death and that she either died on a Wednesday or was taken ill that day. As the woman in the audience was not responding to any thing Sally was saying, she decided to ask how the woman in the photo was related to her. It turns out the woman in the audience got the whole concept of submitting a picture of someone you wanted to talk to from the afterlife completely wrong – and for some unknown reason submitted a younger picture of herself.

The hall erupted in laughter, which quickly changed into disapproving mumbles that lasted the rest of the night. No matter how hard Sally tried, she was unable to get the audience back, who were becoming increasingly disgruntled with the number of ‘misses’ she was getting. Not only that, but the audience seemed to become more restrained when Sally was asking them questions. I also don’t think that they reacted well to some of the particularly offensive scenarios Sally was recreating. One involved her re-enacting a dead man flushing narcotics down a toilet to his immediate family, whilst repeatedly saying “flush it down”. Another was when she was talking to a teenage girl whose boyfriend had recently committed suicide by hanging himself. Sally told the girl that she can feel him hitting her leg and that he was, infact, re-enacting swinging against a door as he was committing suicide.

I now think that the vast majority of people who walked out of Middlesbrough town hall that night feel as i do – that someone who is psychic should know if the person they are talking to is dead or not and that it’s quite a messed up thing for a person to pretend that they are in contact with a dead family member.

Comments

• Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    what a vile. vile woman. it`s mary loves dick all over again.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cold reading.... Sounds positively frozen.
  • Options
    MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops!

Won't make much difference, though. The reason there are still "psychics" around is that people have an endless stream of excuses to explain away things like this. She was having a bad day/ it was the skeptics in the audience/ the story hasn't been told properly/ but how do you explain her reading here when it went so well/ she's just cashing in but there are lots of other genuine psychics/ yada, yada, yada.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    God almighty, the suicide anecdote is vile. How cruel.

I've read about this charlatan before, she's amoral, making money out of the bereaved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's just a ****ing ghoul.....
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    if people in the 21st century are still falling for this rubbish

good luck to her
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's an abbhorent creature. Making a living by selling utter lies to vulnerable, grieving people. Hopefully now most people are starting to see her for what she is - a complete phoney, just like the rest of these so called 'celebrity psychics'.
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet the tickets weren't free. She still coined in. Moralless charlatan.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting.

Exploitation of grief.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    What I really want to know is .......................do you think she really believes that she has psychic powers and does hear voices (albeit imaginary)? Or is she just an out and out trickster/fraud?

Whatever the case I find it all rather ghoulish and in very bad taste, especially those two examples of the drug addict and the suicide. Surely even if (highly unlikely) that this greedy/mad woman does speak to the dead there are simply boundaries that you don't cross.

I find the woman quite despicable TBH - preying on grieving and vulnerable people
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member

good luck to her

I agree. If you're dumb enough to go along thinking Sally Morgan is actually talking to dead people, then you deserve to have your money taken. If somebody buys me a ticket, I'll go along and heckle her, and put it on YouTube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

good luck to her

Some people are so griped with grife, they'll believe anything....
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I really want to know is .......................do you think she really believes that she has psychic powers and does hear voices (albeit imaginary)? Or is she just an out and out trickster/fraud?

Whatever the case I find it all rather ghoulish and in very bad taste, especially those two examples of the drug addict and the suicide. Surely even if (highly unlikely) that this greedy/mad woman does speak to the dead there are simply boundaries that you don't cross.

I find the woman quite despicable TBH - preying on grieving and vulnerable people
    No.

Has Jordan got her refund yet?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If she's anything like Derek Acorah, she will genuinely believe she has psychic powers. I've heard Acorah in interviews saying similar.

I do accept that this could well be part of the "character" they play though, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they do genuinely believe they're "special".

She'll brush this off though. She'll also likely sue anyone who tries to dig further in to it as well - she's got previous for legal action.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    No.

Has Jordan got her refund yet?

Is there a bit more to that? I hadn't heard anything about Jordan and Sally Morgan?

Did she expose her as a fraud?
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Some people are so griped with grife, they'll believe anything....

Their family and friends ought to be gently dissuading them from this nonsense.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she's anything like Derek Acorah, she will genuinely believe she has psychic powers. I've heard Acorah in interviews saying similar.

What he says in interview is one thing. He knows it's a show, he can't admit he's a fraud or all the other 'mediums' will treat him like an outcast, more than that he could receive threats or worse from people in the same business.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance she believes it herself. Cold reading is such a cynically calculated trick I don't really believe any claim of people not being conscious they're doing it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This isn't Sally Morgan but here's a hilarious video of another psychic failing MISERABLY at cold reading. Absolutely cringeworthy but so, so brilliant to see him crumble in front of everyone. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t07UzTcApMI

These people are lunatics.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    What he says in interview is one thing. He knows it's a show, he can't admit he's a fraud or all the other 'mediums' will treat him like an outcast, more than that he could receive threats or worse from people in the same business.

Obviously he's not going to put his career in jeopardy by publicly admitting it's all fake - I think that goes without saying.

I have, however, heard him in a few "off the cuff" interviews where he's been talking about his "spirit guide" and the accusations of fakery and he's broken down in tears about it because of what he believes.

And anyone who's seen anything of Acorah on any form of media will know that he's really not that good an actor so I certainly do believe that he believes it wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The adage "a fool and their money is soon parted" springs to mind. She's simply providing a service to the foolish and gullible. If people in this day and age still believe people like Morgan can communicate with the deceased, then shame on them. No-one is forced to attend one of her shows, they're not forced to part with their cash, yet somehow she's seen as the villain in all of this.

As long as there are idiots, she'll have a career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    She should knock this on the head and do religion instead. That way she doesn't need to be able to prove anything and nobody there will question her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this terribly 'frankie boyle' type thought...... No medium ever had a condemned rapist as a spirit guide.

'tommy two-rivers is getting someone, it's your Nan...... He's ****ing her!!!!'.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

good luck to her

So you are ok with exploiting people when at their most vulnerable?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The adage "a fool and their money is soon parted" springs to mind. She's simply providing a service to the foolish and gullible. If people in this day and age still believe people like Morgan can communicate with the deceased, then shame on them. No-one is forced to attend one of her shows, they're not forced to part with their cash, yet somehow she's seen as the villain in all of this.

As long as there are idiots, she'll have a career.

Its vulnerable people in a state of grief.

When you lose a loved one, some people are utterly devastated and desperate and would do anything (and give money) for one more chance to be with them.

The people who take advantage of this are the lowest of the low - it should be banned in the UK.